FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have missed it, but do we have links to the high-res versions of the production figure pics?

Ya, now on the SSC site, when you open a gallery, if there are high res images avaiable, there's a link at the bottom of the low-res gallery window.

Ya, now on the SSC site, when you open a gallery, if there are high res images avaiable, there's a link at the bottom of the low-res gallery window.

:banghead:lol

didn't even notice that, now i really like what i see.
So is that a paint blotch or a reflection people?

:banghead:lol

didn't even notice that, now i really like what i see.
So is that a paint blotch or a reflection people?

One would assume they're not going to photograph a figure with that strong of a blotch, so I'd say it's a reflection. Based on the oddness of it, I'm thinking possibly the heads were cast in the flesh tone like Hot Toys and not painted, and the material, if similar to Hot Toys, will have an odd shine to it like that, would be my guess anyway.

It could just be a scuff too. They catch light that way.

Comparing the prototype pics to the production pics, I'd say the angle of the eyesbrows is what's giving Frodo the sad look. But that's just a guess. In hand required, and all.

I think Sam looks more like Sean Astin now, but I think he looked cooler as the prototype. I'm probably not going to find out until atleast next Monday. :monkey2

I know it's a completely different pricing level, but I will have to say that I'm a bit disappointed that the production paint can't come closer to what HT is doing now.

The gap in the pricing level between Sideshow and Hot Toys has lessened considerably in just the past six months.

Sideshow REALLY needs to step it up a few notches in production. These are not $40-$50 figures anymore, but the paint apps still look like it.

(And if they pull this with the Indy figure, I might have to kill some people)

The gap in the pricing level between Sideshow and Hot Toys has lessened considerably in just the past six months.

Sideshow REALLY needs to step it up a few notches in production. These are not $40-$50 figures anymore, but the paint apps still look like it.

(And if they pull this with the Indy figure, I might have to kill some people)

exactamundo dude.

I still say these are going to turn out fantastic. I have come to learn to not trust SS prod pics on their web site. Legolas is a prime example. The amazing figure that Sideshow sent us looks nothing like the one that is in their gallery!:whip

These will look better in hand for sure, but there are points where quality is lacking that will never change, the doll dot being one and the cheaply done iris' are another.

That's SS's signature!:D:lol

The doll dot yes, but the iris was a step down, I was quite stunned when it was just a single color circle in the eye, it looks half assesd to me and gives off a vibe like they didn't care about putting quality into the paint jobs.

The doll dot yes, but the iris was a step down, I was quite stunned when it was just a single color circle in the eye, it looks half assesd to me and gives off a vibe like they didn't care about putting quality into the paint jobs.

Yes I agree the iris is somewhat of a let down but again hopefully it won't look as bad in hand.

Yes I agree the iris is somewhat of a let down but again hopefully it won't look as bad in hand.

I'm hoping not, hopefully once the flash isn't right on them that blue wont' be so piercing. In the photos, the darker outter ring would help mute the blue.

The bottom line with me is, I'd hate to see SSC taking backwards steps in quality, they've been moving forward lately and I'd like to see that continue, plus with higher prices, drops in quality will be less tolerable. I don't feel as strongly as some about where quality and price should meet in an upward state, but should never go backwards.

Here is the weird thing... my invoice charges me $75 even but on my card it was charged 84.19 for it... whats up with that? I assumes that was Sam's portion of shipping... I am so confisicated. :dunno

Back