FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't see mine probably until im back from PR. I was at my Credit Union today and still had an insanely high balance which I shouldn't if the Hobbit money was actually removed. *Sigh* I think from here on out I will be the LAST to get my stuff from SS.

I think you guys are hitting the panic button a bit too soon, it's only noon at Sideshow. More often than not, I get my ship notices from them around 5-6pm Pacific time, there's still plenty of hours in the day for you to get ship notices.

I think you guys are hitting the panic button a bit too soon, it's only noon at Sideshow. More often than not, I get my ship notices from them around 5-6pm Pacific time, there's still plenty of hours in the day for you to get ship notices.

Well maybe but it also takes about 5 days for me to get stuff from them and also Kathy said I was preauthed last week and the money is just sitting there.

I was trying to offer you guys the comfort that there's still a chance to get your notices today.
i like to keep things in the negative so that when something works out for me it really cheers me up. its better than having high hopes and then watching your dreams get shattered.:lol

i like to keep things in the negative so that when something works out for me it really cheers me up. its better than having high hopes and then watching your dreams get shattered.:lol

I'm the same way, if you set the bar at the ground, things can only go up. Which is why I think Sideshow shouldn't put good painters on the figures, the bar usually is set higher than can be reached in the factory, drop it down and blow us out of the water I say. Who cares if you sell out the PPO if people cancel when the figures finally show, better to give a realistic upfront and if you blow it away, then pick up orders at the last minute. Bottom line, you get your $$$ and that's what it's all about haha.

I can't wait to get these guys simply for the hillarity of having such tiny figures without being a creature pack or something like that.

i usually like the bar at ground level myself. id be perfectly happy if SS never showed a proto pic and just said "hey you can order a sam and frodo figure now. we'll show you what it looks like in 9 months":lol

i usually like the bar at ground level myself. id be perfectly happy if SS never showed a proto pic and just said "hey you can order a sam and frodo figure now. we'll show you what it looks like in 9 months":lol

Not sure how many folks would go for that :lol, I have to have some glimpse of a product to order it, but really, it seems counterproductive to have the protos painted with such care when the production will never match, my only guess is that without a high standard for the production painters to aim for, they're really miss the target. Which raises the question, why can Hot Toys painters match or better the prototype but Sideshow's fall a few feet short of the mark even on the best figures.

Back