FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got Sam... Both of the shins on mine are split so I thinking that since I can push them together I will super glue the suckers. :rock :devil

Got em'. Right out of the box, Frodo's portrait looks great, something about the way they painted his eyes makes them look just right from some views and so-so from others, but overall looks nice and that's what counts, we just ignore the other angles hehe. Clothes seem really nice and accessories, more thoughts when I get a chance to really check him out from home. Sam's portrait turned out great. As I suspected, the doll dot really hurts his eyes viewing them from his left side, really hides the color and such but from his right, fantastic. Of the two, I think Sam's portrait is stronger, consistently conveys him from any angle where Frodo's in and out depending on angle. Both very nicely made figures and I'm really glad I reordered them so quickly.

I'll tell you this though... with these two hobbits finally my LOTR collection seems to be starting to make sense.

Now I'm anxious to see more of the little figures. Frodo and Sam have turned out so well that I have a lot of confidence in the potential Merry and Pippen will have to be amazing figures Their portraits have always appeared to be much to easier to sculpt and design, as they have such expressive and distinctive faces.

I will say, people LOVE to see Hobbits on the shelves. I had a bunch of friends over last night and it seems everybody loved them. They're just so different and well-made that they seem to light up the whole shelf. I really hope these two guys start energizing the line; if Gandalf is this good as well, I think the line will start to chug along with a much healthier rate of new characters. Fortunately it seems Sideshow is being really careful to make sure these figures come out right, whereas there have been a number of atrocities committed against the line. The fact that Faramir is now synonymous with terrible paint is a crime for which I will make you pay all the days of my life, Sideshow!
:mad:

Frodo & Samwise both showed up less than an hour ago and they're great.
My twin brother is so happy I got them for his birthday.
Maybe now we can look for a Legolas figure when we're on vacation in ME & NH in 8 days.
:chew

Well UPS should up during the 1hr I was gone taking my WIFES dog to the vet. They normally show up after 1300hrs. :banghead

Nevermind. I just used the c ring clip from my Davy Jones and Will turner figures and those are short enough to get the hobbits to the base. :rock

Just a heads-up -- Toy Anxiety has just added the hobbits to their site for parted-out purchases. I picked up a second Frodo and Sam body for a custom project I have planned. They only had two sets of each to start with, so if you're interested I would get right over there.

Frodo
Sam

Back