FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Sam today. Only, it isn't Sam at all! I was sent a frickin' Frodo. :lol God, I was looking forward to my Sam. I was going to get Frodo soon anyway, so I guess it isn't so bad.

Got my Hobbits a few minutes ago.
Took Sam out and he is a wonderful figure. The clothing and accessories are f'ing great.
So I was stoked and pulled out Frodo and was drooling over his outfit - and his right arm promptly fell out of his sleeve. :horror Needless to say that kinda sucked.
I called Sideshow and their return people are supposed to cal me back in the next couple of days.
I'm still happy as a clam I have Hobbits in the house. :D

Got my Hobbits a few minutes ago.
Took Sam out and he is a wonderful figure. The clothing and accessories are f'ing great.
So I was stoked and pulled out Frodo and was drooling over his outfit - and his right arm promptly fell out of his sleeve. :horror Needless to say that kinda sucked.
I called Sideshow and their return people are supposed to cal me back in the next couple of days.
I'm still happy as a clam I have Hobbits in the house. :D

Is it defnitely broken... or is the kind of body that can pop apart. It is modular, although I don't know how modular it is in hand :lol

Maybe they are saving that for a Frodo SDCC exclusive? :monkey3

Yeah right!! :lol

Actually it would have been a good SDCC exlusive. Mt Doom Frodo, they could have gotten the braces/suspenders in there and the bloody hand. Dirty him up a bit too.

Is it defnitely broken... or is the kind of body that can pop apart. It is modular, although I don't know how modular it is in hand :lol

It's probably just related to the modularity but for whatever reason his right arm won't stay together at the elbow. I try to slide it back on its post but any movement of the arm it slides back off. So it seems that there is a snap that isn't holding on properly.
The other arm and Sam's seem solid (though I was kinda hesitant to start pulling on them too much.). :lol
Probably the customizers on here wouldn't have a problem fixing him but I don't have the talent (or patience :D).

I just trudged through 3 pages of posts that have been added since my last visit. And there were a total of 2 new pictures.

I want to yell and scream at you all. But I feel an extreme sense of that effort being riddled with futility.

I'm going to watch LOTR.

So, I finally opened Frodo and he's just fantastic looking. The paint-apps are superb and the tailoring and accessories are on par with HT quality. The chain however came off. How is the chain connected to all of your necks. I can't seem to figure out how attach the chain without it coming off instantly.

Back