FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing as how Frodo, Sam, Boromir, and Legolas have each come with a Lothlorien cloak, any chance SS will make one for Strider, or has he sold enough for them to redo him with one?

Well, UPS stopped by earlier than normal and I was gone taking my wifes dog to the vet. I call UPS and the gal there was able to reach the driver(same driver as always) and she came back by my way to deliver the boys to me at 1830hrs A+++ for UPS.

Walking into work tonight, I ran into my UPS guy, doing a pick up. He says, "Hey, I've got a package for you on the truck. I rang your buzzer, but no one answered." I was confused because I wasn't supposed to be getting Sam until Monday.

Nope. I got Sam tonight. And I was a couple minutes late for work. If I had showed up on time, I would have missed him.

I just got mine yesterday and they look really great!
Does anyone know how to flip the Elven brooch on Sam so that it faces the right (screen accurate)way? His was the only one to point left while the others pointed right!
Also we need to get a silver chain for Frodo! :)

I was able to get the stand to work for mine as well... but it was a super pain in the ass. Need to see if I have any extra rings from Hot Toy figures.

i just used the black plastic piece that comes up from the base only and slide it up under their bottom coat in the back. it's seems to work fine. i agree though some bases specifically for this sized figs would have been good.

Sam is awesome. But most of you already know that.

He's still getting a repaint though. I don't like the expression his eyebrows give him and the doll-dot is terrible. It was passable for me on other figures, but these ones are too small. They're the same size as the pupil, and on one eye, the dot and the pupil are side by side, making the pupil off center.

I'll wait for Frodo to decide, but I think they'll both be candidates for a touch up. It's not so bad that I couldn't live with it, but I want these two to be perfect. And from what I can tell, they are, aside from that one issue, and that's just a matter of personal taste.

I think they hit a homerun with this figure. Good job Sideshow.

Regarding the stands, I have always placed the "ring" part facing the back and ever so slightly lean the figures onto the black post part.

I can't stand having that ring wrapped around the figure and crushing the outfits. It just looks terrible, to me.

Sideshow needs to update that base to something similar to BBI's fantastic "poseable" type. Perhaps call it the "Heracles stand"... ;)

I went and got another Ring, Sting, and both of Sam and Frodo's cloaks (elf and Shire). The Ring is going to have a new chain, Sting will be made with a blue shine and Sam and Frodo's cloaks will have the holes for their packs to go through. Now... with my luck the pack straps are probably sewn together. :lol

I went and got another Ring, Sting, and both of Sam and Frodo's cloaks (elf and Shire). The Ring is going to have a new chain, Sting will be made with a blue shine and Sam and Frodo's cloaks will have the holes for their packs to go through. Now... with my luck the pack straps are probably sewn together. :lol

How did you get the extra accessories? Did you just buy two new figures?

Good idea about the glowing sting... I'm kind of surprised they didn't make that the exclusive. Hmm...

How did you get the extra accessories? Did you just buy two new figures?

Nope, Toy Anxiety. Although I probably could have waited because I want to do Mt Doom Frodo and Sam, but first I need to source some braces/suspenders that would work as the figures are lacking these.

A new chain makes a very noticeable difference. I used some super-fine copper chain to replace the original gold one, and while still not the correct color, the One Ring now shows up much better!

Btw, don't know if you've noticed this but the pack straps do not separate. I mean they don't have buckles, so it's going to be hard to put them through holes in their cloaks unless you cut the straps and add some buckles! :monkey4

P1010192.jpg

P1010193.jpg

Original gold chain is in the middle, the one I used to replace it is on the left.
P1010190.jpg

I wonder how much more a little metal ring would have made these figures. Since the one Frodo comes with is plastic.

I wonder how much more a little metal ring would have made these figures. Since the one Frodo comes with is plastic.

Excellent point. A metal ring, even one that small, would "hang" better than the plastic one. I had to futz the chain in my photos to make the ring look heavy. A real metal ring would look much better, especially if it were made of real gold.

I was surprised that it was plastic when looking at it initially. Probably would have added more cost than it was worth though.

I have some extra rings that came with the ToyBiz Sauron figure... might look better since they are metal and I think about the right scale.

I was surprised that it was plastic when looking at it initially. Probably would have added more cost than it was worth though.

I expected it to be metal too. Even white metal painted gold would've been OK. While the cost of the ring itself would likely be next to nothing, the added cost of producing it, as you say, probably would've made it too expensive.

Luckily, it shouldn't be much of a problem to replace.

Back