FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well mine arrived and I only opened Frodo so far. He looks fantastic. However, his right arm is broker. His base doesn't work to stand him up. His leg joints are so loose he just falls everytime I try to stand him. So looks like the first little one is going back. I could have handled the broker arm as you can kinda still pose him. But it is hard to pose something that won't stand either.

I don't know what the big deal is with the stands... Both Sam and Frodo are on SS stands and all four hobbit feet touch the ground fine.

They do have them. Are they big enough?

They wouldn't be for Aragorn.

I don't know what the big deal is with the stands... Both Sam and Frodo are on SS stands and all four hobbit feet touch the ground fine.

The C ring is too big for the hobbits to touch the ground. If you're able to then you're much smarter than I am. I had it down as far as it would go the the V end of the C ring came through and would touch the table. Both hobbits would not touch the ground.

So I just went and grabbed a couple of HT C Rings and it worked fine.

Alright just some quick thoughts as I'm going to do an actual review of these figures later.

Both figures look pretty damn nice. The way these two came out is MUCH nicer than the way my POTC figures look. Well, except for Will I do like how his skin texture came out. The detailing on these is really some of the best work SS has done and again shows why the LOTR line if it can just get moving will be the best. The likenesses are as good as the protos and the shots on SS site do not do any justice. These figures are easily some of the best SS has done and I hope to see the line reall get going.

The one major gripe I have is their hands don't hold their swords for crap.

Well I always knew I was smarter than you Josh. :lol ;)

No. I just put the hobbit arms out strait (so they form a "T") and put the C ring under their armpits... they touch the ground and everything just fine.

The way these two came out is MUCH nicer than the way my POTC figures look.

What is it about the POTC figures that you don't like compared to these? They're both nice, but I'd have to give the edge to the POTC figures overall, so I'm a little mystified as to how the hobbits could be MUCH nicer.

Well I always knew I was smarter than you Josh. :lol ;)

Its not hard trust me. :rotfl

No. I just put the hobbit arms out strait (so they form a "T") and put the C ring under their armpits... they touch the ground and everything just fine.

Did you take their coats and stuff off too? I didn't try to get that pushy with it. So I just said screw it the HT ones are shorter and went the easy route. :lol

Yup. The hands look good but they are crap for practical things like grabbing their swords. :cuss

Yeah, not a feature I will be fond of if they go more HT route.

What is it about the POTC figures that you don't like compared to these? They're both nice, but I'd have to give the edge to the POTC figures overall, so I'm a little mystified as to how the hobbits could be MUCH nicer.

I just don't care for the way the skin texture came out on my Swann and Jack V1 figures. They're too dark and the way the skin looks just is off. These the skin texture is much more real looking and not as grainy like Will.

One thing I find, the heads seem a little heavy for the neck or the shoulder joint for the neck a bit loose, not bad, but an area for improvement/change.

I just opened my Sam and his joints are much tighter but his ankle joints are weak. I managed to get them both to stand with some work but am not confident they will stay. Anyone else having trouble with the ankle joints specifically?

Here are some quick pictures.

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

Back