FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet we see Gimli before Bilbo.

-Not that you can read my reply cause I'm on ignore. :lol

I can read it, and I'd just add that we'd better see Gimli before Bilbo!!! We can't have a complete Fellowship or the Three Hunters without the Dwarf!
:gimli :gimli :gimli :gimli :gimli :gimli

Btw, my Sam arrived with his head detached... don't know how that happened, but fortunately nothing was broken. I know what you mean about his sword belt, the scabbard was just barely attached, but I somehow managed to put it on without breaking it. Frodo's was really sturdy. Wonder why they didn't give Sam's the same treatment?

I really like these figures a lot more than I thought I would based upon the initial images. I like Sam a little more than Frodo due to the headsculpt, although his expression is a bit more tranquil than I might like (he looks like he's dreaming about his future hobbit wife). Frodo seems to look better in dramatic, strong lighting, brings out his features more. Some additional paint application around the eye areas might help bring out more of the sculpt. I like the new bodies too. Great job by Sideshow.

Well, if Sideshow was looking for a way to breathe new life into this line, they've done it. Almost overwhelmingly positive feedback, a new interest in the past figures, excitement and anticipation for new figures--this is the moment when this line of figures can either break the dams and unleash a river of new figures, or fall into darkness … with all that is left of their kin. Will Sideshow leave Middle Earth to its fate? Will they let them stand alone?

I have big hopes for SDCC. Who knows but this may be the start of something even bigger and more exciting than the Hobbits were? Dwarves? Villains? Anything might be possible at this point!

I really hope at SDCC we see Merry and Pippin, Gimli and Sauruman. That way we would have all the major players covered and can move on to the next level, a redo of Aragorn (maybe Helms Deep or Breaking of the Fellowship), work on Gollum, Eomer, Theoden, etc.

So last night I had a crazy dream that Sideshow went totally nuts and put out the most incredible figure I had ever seen. It was King Theoden in full battle armor, with cloth underlining, incredibly beautiful sculpted plates and weapons, and complete with two heads--one helmeted, the other bare. But the most shocking thing was that he came with Snowmane--a magnificent, new articulated horse the was covered in all the armor of the movie. And it was going to be used for other LOTR figures, Indiana Jones, and all kinds of stuff. It was the most unbelievable thing I could have possible imagined.

And then I woke up! I have never felt so sad and deprived in all my life.
:monkey2

Really, a dream about little plastic men. Where you OK when you woke up?:naughty

IMG_8145.jpg

IMG_8135.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

IMG_8178.jpg
Do you display your figures on Doilies?!?! That's GOLD! :lol!

I really hope at SDCC we see Merry and Pippin, Gimli and Sauruman. That way we would have all the major players covered and can move on to the next level, a redo of Aragorn (maybe Helms Deep or Breaking of the Fellowship), work on Gollum, Eomer, Theoden, etc.

I'm thinking we'll see those. Just a gut feeling and at the very worst the two hobbits and Gimli.

Do you display your figures on Doilies?!?! That's GOLD! :lol!

No, just take pics on them.:rotfl

The Josh's Doilies pics (tm) are world renowned!.... as are my plant pot pics :banana

I love seeing plant pot pics, swing set pics, outdoor pics, WG naked doll pics, etc. You guys crack me up with those and add pure enjoyment.

raced home from work and i dont see any "we're sorry we missed you" card from UPS. tracking still says out for delivery so i think im good. soon they will be mine soon. dont know if im gonna make it.:google

I got Sam today. If anything, he's better than Frodo. The scabbard came off his belt very easily, but I just tucked it inside the belt, so it doesn't really matter. I also got an extra open left hand for some reason.

My samwise arrived today.. and I cried . :( well allmost. Anyone else have this problem? He rattles. And so i undressed him to figure out WHY he rattles.. and to my pain, his shoulder joint was a pile of shattered plastic. I've got him displayed right now, but man it makes me sad. oh whell. I'll contact sideshow 'bout a replacement. atleast I've not got to worry about getting another exclusive one. they seem to have plenty.

My samwise arrived today.. and I cried . :( well allmost. Anyone else have this problem? He rattles. And so i undressed him to figure out WHY he rattles.. and to my pain, his shoulder joint was a pile of shattered plastic. I've got him displayed right now, but man it makes me sad. oh whell. I'll contact sideshow 'bout a replacement. atleast I've not got to worry about getting another exclusive one. they seem to have plenty.
that sux man. but did you get carded by UPS like you were sneaking into a bar?

This is one long thread. I received Sam and Frodo exclusives today. Both were perfect representatives of the Hobbits and they arrived minty fresh. Great packaging by Sideshow. You'll enjoy these if you get them.

Did Sam and Frodo smoke in the book? They did in the movies but I remember reading that Frodo never smoked in the books... just never took to it... and Sam grew the stuff but was never keen on smoking it?

I'm not being a lore-basher or having a go at any of the pics here or picking holes in the movies...but can anyone clarify this for me?

Back