FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt Gollum will be anything like chewie--there's no fur to worry about. He'll be done eventually I'm sure, but it'll either require a special body with limited articulation or one of those short-lived rubber suits. Or something else entirely. :rolleyes: Who knows?

While the LOTR figures are amazing they certainly aren't given the same treatment as the SW figs.....I know that Gollum is coming but I wouldn't be surprised if you could see the exposed joints ala the POTA slave figures....

I think Gollum will end being similar to Salacious Crumb. Except with a couple more points of articulation...and a fish....and Frodo's finger will be the exclusive.

I think Gollum will end being similar to Salacious Crumb. Except with a couple more points of articulation...and a fish....and Frodo's finger will be the exclusive.

Maybe they'll make it like "The Creature" with a 'rubber' body suit.

I'd rather not have an articulated statue.

I would think that limited articulation would be a problem for a lot of collectors when it comes to Gollum. Salacious sitting on Jabba's throne is one thing, but Gollum was a main character and people will want to pose him in a lot of different ways.

Toybiz did a bendy Gollum that was pretty much crap, but on a bigger scale I could see it working. They could do something similar to Hot Toys muscle bodies. But those aren't very poseable. Whichever way they wind up doing it, I hope he comes with two heads. One mean, Gollum, and one passive for Smeagol.

While the LOTR figures are amazing they certainly aren't given the same treatment as the SW figs.....I know that Gollum is coming but I wouldn't be surprised if you could see the exposed joints ala the POTA slave figures....

Not in numbers, no, but the quality of the figures is just as good if not better, especially the outfits. But you're right, they don't have the fanbase to dole them out in the quantities that Star Wars enjoys. How sad indeed.

As long as the body is sculpted to resemble Gollum/Smeagol, I do not care one iota if the joins show. ToyBiz did a SA Gollum that was great for that scale. As long as the Sideshow 1:6 scale has "Super Slinking"
articulation...bring it on!

Edit - Oh. And give me some alternate hands and feet with magnets in them so Gollum can crawl on my fridge.

Great idea on the magnets, Darth Cruel.

But as for the exposed joints, I think they will definitely look terrible in this scale. Gollum is only wearing a tiny loin cloth, so every joint will be exposed and will kill the look of the figure.

Unfortunately, I don't see another way around this. I don't see them investing in yet "another" new body (rubber body) for just a very select few figures. I'm sure we'll see the new HT/SS body on Gollum.

Do gollum then in a creature pack of some kind the same way they did Salacious in the SW line.

If they wanted to be really fancy, he could be more like a kit than a figure--limited articulation, but a whole slew of arms, legs, heads and hands in a ton of poses. You could switch them out and put it together however you want. Legs for sitting, crawling, crouching, hands for grabbing, arms for reaching and sneaking, a few heads with different expressions, and maybe just a little movement on the torso. It's not like he needs accessories really. Just my crazy ideas again. :rolleyes:

If they wanted to be really fancy, he could be more like a kit than a figure--limited articulation, but a whole slew of arms, legs, heads and hands in a ton of poses. You could switch them out and put it together however you want. Legs for sitting, crawling, crouching, hands for grabbing, arms for reaching and sneaking, a few heads with different expressions, and maybe just a little movement on the torso. It's not like he needs accessories really. Just my crazy ideas again. :rolleyes:

I'm picturing a Mr. Potato Head Gollum...

Cap that's an excellent idea - definitely the way to go. It could come in kit form just like the Hot Toys Aliens figures. The Aliens figures don't have to sacrifice any articulation to be produced this way. Gollum could be pulled off easily like this without the need for nasty exposed joints.

Now someone go tell Sideshow!

These look great and it's awesome SSC went with Hot Toys for the body. :chew

Thats not a bad idea at all Cap! I think barring that solution, the would have to fully paint and detail the body. I could see this being plausible though since Gollum has no clothes except for a loin cloth.

So rather than paying for the detailed clothing (like the hobbits) you'd pay for the work that went into detailing the body. It could work, or maybe with certain figures they'll just have to bite the bullet and do one-off bodies?

I think in this case there's really no issue--it's just another creature pack, only instead of multiple creatures, you just get a variety of limbs (bizarre though that sounds :rolleyes:). It wouldn't need any clothing or accessories to be good, and an easy exclusive would be an added head or set of hands or whatever--super easy. Really, this way we could get a Gollum way soon. The only real development is the sculpting and painting. A couple of nice (or should I say nasty?) portraints with lots of well-designed limbs and you've got a great Gollum really quick, and that would really make the line look good too--hopefully that could put some new interest in the line if you market the kit really well.

I'm glad the idea isn't too crazy; I was worried it was just another of my nutty pipe-dreams. :cool: Of course, who knows how Sideshow is gonna go about it. Is there a way we can recommend this to them? Trevor? Dusty? Anybody?

Back