FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what people are comlaining about, $70 these days is still pretty reasonable... which is a sad thought in itself. Being 3" shorter than a normal figure doesn't mean they can give them away. I would think the production budget for detailed clothing, head sculpts and accessories would still be the same as a full 12" figure.

Agree about 9" Frodo and Sam being equivalent to a 12" figure.

Disagree though that $70 is "reasonable" when you can find figures like Boromir selling from retailers for $45.

A $15-$20 markup for dime sized accessories and the gold sticker on the box is not worth it.

And RoboDad, I completely agree with you. Speaking of subtext, I can't help but get the feeling that there is an elitist subtext behind the welcoming of higher prices. Some people I believe are willing to endure price increases if it means less normal collectors can buy them.

Wanting to spend $70 and choosing to spend $70 are certainly two different things. If I want the complete Fellowship, I am going to spend this money whether I like it or not. That's what they cost and we will each need to decide whether or not it's worth it.

Would I spend that kind of money for a Jawa? No, I wouldn't--even if that's how much they had to charge to cover the R&D for the small body. As a stand alone purchase, I would have a hard time spending that much.

Never, Tom! I will never yield to your pagan gods! Leave me! Go back to the abyss prepared for you and your master! Go!

rotk1502.jpg

I do agree that Samwise's exclusive lembas pack is the weakest exclusive yet offered in this line. Not only is it small, but he only has ONE exclusive, thus ending the two-item exclusives we've come to expect.

Orc head is still best.

That's the thing. Do I want to spend $70 bucks? No, cause I'd like to get it for free. :lol Am I willing to spend it get figures that look this nice? Sure! So I spend it because I know SS will make the figures worth it as I feel they have on all the 1:6th figures I've bought so far. If they ever stop then I'll question the price or if it breaks the $150-$200 level as I said earlier.

Hate to say this but paying $100-150 for a Medicom figure is not my idea of the worth of plastic, no matter how you cut it. $125 is the price of a 1/6 statue -- just look at Emma! $150 is the price of a poly bust -- just look at Gandalf the Grey LS!

I expected these Hobbits to be in the $50 range . . .Granted they have R&D we're paying for, but, I'm still paying for 1/3 less plastic, and 1/3 less clothing (and yes, no shoes!). How is this more expensive than the Legolas at $54.99 and the others at $64.99 ??? I mean, even their weapons are 1/3 the size! Somehow, I hope this is not the trend for smaller figures. Wasn't Boussh Leia shorter anyway, and she was $59.99!!!

Never, Tom! I will never yield to your pagan gods! Leave me! Go back to the abyss prepared for you and your master! Go!

rotk1502.jpg

You'll have to speak up!! Gandalf In Drag can't quite hear you!!

3222.jpg

Anyway--these two looked awesome at SDCC and I saw PF quality on a 1/6 scale figure with both of these. I consider them worth the purchase price.

I do agree that Samwise's exclusive lembas pack is the weakest exclusive yet offered in this line. Not only is it small, but he only has ONE exclusive, thus ending the two-item exclusives we've come to expect.

Orc head is still best.

Technically Faramir only came with one broken horn, cloven though it may have been. But yeah, it's pretty puny--we can't even get a few wafers of the stuff? Why just one?

Well three and a half hours after they went up for pre-order and I got home--- pre-ordered.:D

But why are they still available?... Hmmmm--- I've got a bad feeling about this (wrong thread I know but I needed the quote).

I expected these Hobbits to be in the $50 range . . .Granted they have R&D we're paying for, but, I'm still paying for 1/3 less plastic, and 1/3 less clothing (and yes, no shoes!). How is this more expensive than the Legolas at $54.99 and the others at $64.99 ??? I mean, even their weapons are 1/3 the size! Somehow, I hope this is not the trend for smaller figures. Wasn't Boussh Leia shorter anyway, and she was $59.99!!!

I don't think you say its all 1/3 less. Even at a smaller size, I wager the Hobbits are coming with more square inches of clothing than any LOTR figure thus far.

But they do come with a lot of stuff...and the new body, which is not going to be widely used to many times. A couple more Hobbits, Jaws, some kids in other lines maybe. I don't know, for its unusualness alone it seems worth it. I'll know better in hand.

That's a good point about the new smaller body. Sideshow probably won't be able to recoup the costs over as many products since it will not be used as much as other sized bodies (unless they put out not only little Anakin but also all his kiddie friends). Probably as prices inevitably creep up, I'll need to more seriously looking at not getting the exclusives/ buying from sources other than Sideshow just to save a little money.

I don't know what all the complaining is about.

The hobbits have new bodies, more accessories that Gandalf or Elrond in drag could possible hope for (and more than any previous LOTR 1:6, I believe) not to mention that they also come with 4 hands (also the first for a 1:6 LOTR). The costuming is exquisite.

Some of you guys want sideshow to give these away. :lol

I don't know what all the complaining is about.

The hobbits have new bodies, more accessories that Gandalf or Elrond in drag could possible hope for (and more than any previous LOTR 1:6, I believe) not to mention that they also come with 4 hands (also the first for a 1:6 LOTR). The costuming is exquisite.

Some of you guys want sideshow to give these away. :lol

Yeah that's just how I feel. Though Legolas and Faramir also came with 4 hands each. Still, I can't get over how beautiful they are.

Back