FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...If these don't sell -- price too high or whatever -- this line will die and never be finished... and we'll be like the Kurgans. :)...
There you go!

Of course R&D is part of the deal. But not to an extend that you seam to belive it is. Like I said earlier: I hope SSC 12" chers reach the $100 very very soon! And them let's see who will still be collecting!

I think some people balk at the Hobbits' price tag without taking into account the quality or number of accessories.

I'm definitely ok with paying $70 or even more IF the quality of the fabric, number of layers, number of accessories and attention to detail warrants it. If Frodo's Sting and Phial lit up, or the Sam figure cooked me taters, most would agree $70 would be a steal. The Hot Toys Jack Sparrow includes a bunch of accessories, multiple, high quality fabrics, great paint apps. and its well worth the $140. The craptacular Zizzle 12" Jack Sparrow isn't worth the much lower $20 price tag IMO.

Personally, I want high quality LOTR figures from SS that rival Hot Toys in detail. I understand that high quality often comes with higher prices. Sideshow is definitely moving in the right direction, raising the bar in terms of detail and quality, holding their own with the Hot Toys gang.

I don't want them to cut corners and decrease quality just to maintain a certain price. If the number of pieces of tailored, highly detailed clothing increase, not to mention accessories and the newly tooled body, it seems logical to me that the price should increase as well. Also, the production costs for Sideshow must surely increase as every other product and service offered gradually increases.

There are cheaper, less detailed 1:6 Hobbits available. You can always pick up this guy from Toybiz:
review_lotr12_1b.jpg

Did anyone really think $49.99 was THE price point for SS?

Did anyone say anything that ridiculous in the thread? I don't think so.:confused: At worst, a few people sadly acknowledged that the days of $49 figures are gone forever, but that is not the same as saying that all figures should still be $49.

BTW, in case anyone hasn't noticed, it is now more than six hours since the PPO, and both figures are still available, and neither is displaying a low quantity notice.

Sideshow, I am yours. Be gentle. :eek:

**squirts generous amount of lube into hand... passes to Pix**

BTW, in case anyone hasn't noticed, it is now more than six hours since the PPO, and both figures are still available, and neither is displaying a low quantity notice.

The LOTR exclusives really don't sell out all that fast... nothing like we see with the SW figures.

The LOTR exclusives really don't sell out all that fast... nothing like we see with the SW figures.

Yes, I know that. I'm not new here. ;)

However, most of the other exclusive LOTR figures have at least sold out by the end of the first day. Plus, the hype for these figures was much higher than any previous figure in the line.

You don't suppose, maybe, that it could have anything to do with a) the price, and b) the ES?

What in the name of Middle Earth is going on here?!?!?!

Man I go out for a few hours and this place turns into a zoo! Really, it seems like the same things are being said over and over. "I think the price is fine," "I hate the prices," "I love the figures," "I hate Sideshow," "I hate you," etc. Add all the weird images and crazy elitist whatever--craziness!

Really people, so much attacking! If prices raise in the future we'll deal with it then. For now we can let our worries and concerns be known, and if you disagree, really--must we make such a point of it? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to make sure everybody else knows it--sometimes you just gotta let it go. If they're wrong, fine--let them stew in their own "ignorance," if that's how you see it. That doesn't mean you have to keep adding spice to the stew.

NOW, about Frodo and Sam. I think they look great and I can't wait to get them!

Merciful wilikers. :rolleyes:

You thought wrong.

:mwaha

This thread is pretty long, but I think at least a few have said something like "I will never pay 'x' for a figure no matter what".

You generally get what you pay for the saying goes. I just want better and am willing to pay for it. Others don't and won't. That's ok too. :cool:

I am all about THE LOVE.

if anyone feels unloved by the $70 hobbits, I am here to give you a hug. :grouphug

What in the name of Middle Earth is going on here?!?!?!

Man I go out for a few hours and this place turns into a zoo! Really, it seems like the same things are being said over and over. "I think the price is fine," "I hate the prices," "I love the figures," "I hate Sideshow," "I hate you," etc. Add all the weird images and crazy elitist whatever--craziness!

Really people, so much attacking! If prices raise in the future we'll deal with it then. For now we can let our worries and concerns be known, and if you disagree, really--must we make such a point of it? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to make sure everybody else knows it--sometimes you just gotta let it go. If they're wrong, fine--let them stew in their own "ignorance," if that's how you see it. That doesn't mean you have to keep adding spice to the stew.

NOW, about Frodo and Sam. I think they look great and I can't wait to get them!

Merciful wilikers. :rolleyes:
What in the name of Middle Earth is wrong with all of your posts. Everytime I read a Faramir post, I am treated to how wonderful and breathtaking and sunny everything is. How you would absolutely just die if your Faramir had not been saved from the hell that was his bad paint job by Figuremaster Les. I get it, you are in love with your repainted Faramir fig and life is great, except for the fact that you are poor from ordering Sideshow stuff. Also, I think the price is fine for Frodo and Sam. Lembas bread is a kind of lame exclusive and Josh is an elitist snob who has expensive tastes in cars(Chevy Prism) and craps on a golden toilet. I think that covers it.

When these were first announced, I almost wanted to ask who would be *****ing when the price of these was $70? I guess I should've :monkey1

Back