FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What in the name of Middle Earth is wrong with all of your posts. Everytime I read a Faramir post, I am treated to how wonderful and breathtaking and sunny everything is. How you would absolutely just die if your Faramir had not been saved from the hell that was his bad paint job by Figuremaster Les. I get it, you are in love with your repainted Faramir fig and life is great, except for the fact that you are poor from ordering Sideshow stuff. Also, I think the price is fine for Frodo and Sam. Lembas bread is a kind of lame exclusive and Josh is an elitist snob who has expensive tastes in cars(Chevy Prism) and craps on a golden toilet. I think that covers it.

You forgot how much I love Lord of the Rings! Once you get that you've got me pretty much summed up. :D

You forgot how much I love Lord of the Rings! Once you get that you've got me pretty much summed up. :D

Merciful wilikers what was I thinking?

wenham14.jpg

Yes, I know that. I'm not new here. ;)

However, most of the other exclusive LOTR figures have at least sold out by the end of the first day. Plus, the hype for these figures was much higher than any previous figure in the line.

You don't suppose, maybe, that it could have anything to do with a) the price, and b) the ES?

And not that I would ever infer that you were... but helping to put a perspective on it for those not in the know :lol

But I think you are right about them generally selling out by now. I could imagine that many would have the reaction that a figure that is 3/4 the height should cost 3/4 the price and will stay away. Also, even though Hobbits are central characters they lack a certain dynamic nature that the larger counterparts posess. They just aren't as actiony as Legolas or Aragorn.

:mwaha

This thread is pretty long, but I think at least a few have said something like "I will never pay 'x' for a figure no matter what".

Saying that doesn't imply that a customer is forgetting about quality an accessories. All it means is that if Sideshow can't find ways to deliver quality without exceeding certain price points, that customer will cease to be a customer.

I really had hoped these Hobbits would have re-invigorated the line. I mean in terms of people getting into it. If these guys sold out in a couple hours, that would have been a good sign.

I also hope this doesn't mean another looooooooooooong wait for the next one.

If it makes anyone feel any better I recently paid $300 for a Copperhead-18 Dig exclusive. I think Sideshow is just trying to find the right balance of price to detail/accessories. It seems like a pretty slippery slope and not everyone is always going to be happy....though I think Old Ben might do it! :D

I really had hoped these Hobbits would have re-invigorated the line. I mean in terms of people getting into it. If these guys sold out in a couple hours, that would have been a good sign.

I also hope this doesn't mean another looooooooooooong wait for the next one.

I think the lines fine. Its just that I think there where more fans in it for the ride then bailed. You can also toss in there are a lot of fans who consider themselves only statue collectors and don't dig the 1:6th figures.

Overall the line will be fine but not as big as we'd like.

If it makes anyone feel any better I recently paid $300 for a Copperhead-18 Dig exclusive. I think Sideshow is just trying to find the right balance of price to detail/accessories. It seems like a pretty slippery slope and not everyone is always going to be happy....though I think Old Ben might do it! :D
So telling us you are a fool should make us feel better.:monkey5

I think the lines fine. Its just that I think there where more fans in it for the ride then bailed. You can also toss in there are a lot of fans who consider themselves only statue collectors and don't dig the 1:6th figures.

Overall the line will be fine but not as big as we'd like.

Yep. Still... if we had more support, we'd get our goodies faster. And no one would complain about that. Well, someone would but...

I blame LOTR costume designers Ngila Dickson and Richard Taylor. If they hadn't come up with such intricate, beautiful, mulitlayered costumes and had just put everyone in burlap sacks instead we wouldn't have this problem. :p

Back