FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The exclusives are Frodo's "weathertop sword" that he was given by Strider and Sam's Lembas bread. I think the bread is probably a little more important than the sword, but neither is crucial by any means. I just canceled all of my Sideshow Star Wars orders because I decided that the exclusives just weren't worth the extra money, and I'm considering doing the same for the hobbits and Gandalf (although his book looks relatively nice).

The long time between the annoucement of the Hobbits and their actual shipment dates seem to be resulting in a lot of cancellations. However, I am sitting tight on my pre-orders for Frodo and Sam. Not cancelling them. No way.

The long time between the annoucement of the Hobbits and their actual shipment dates seem to be resulting in a lot of cancellations. However, I am sitting tight on my pre-orders for Frodo and Sam. Not cancelling them. No way.

Me either. I am too excited about them and I am too fond of the little extras in the exclusive editions. And I am even more excited with seeing the awesome articulation on the mannequins! These two are going to be a lot of fun to take pictures of!

I would just like to point out that today is May 7 and no one has received a 20 - 25 day notice yet. :lecture

Are people actually thinking you can hold these to a release date :lol I've given up, when I get my ship notice, I'll believe I'm getting them, until then, all information is suspect.

I would just like to point out that today is May 7 and no one has received a 20 - 25 day notice yet. :lecture

Although this is true, it is also true that frequently, we don't get 20-25 day notices. We occasionally get much sorter notices like 15-day. There is still hope.

That being said...I generally don't wait with anticipation for any figure. I think about them each on occasion...but I keep myself busy so that I am not building up any anxiety forthem.

That is really not hard to do. I have so many of the Sideshow, Hot Toys, and Medicom Figures on order that I am getting SOMTHING every couple of weeks. That helps a lot to get my mind off of the ones that are still farther back up the pipe.

That is really not hard to do. I have so many of the Sideshow, Hot Toys, and Medicom Figures on order that I am getting SOMTHING every couple of weeks. That helps a lot to get my mind off of the ones that are still farther back up the pipe.

Same for me, I've got so much else on order that even though some pieces outweigh importance of other to me, I'm still occupied but a lot of collectors around here are on even tighter budgets than I'm trying to put myself on, and all they have on order is their grails so they don't have anything to take their anxiety away.

The thing for me is I figure it will get here when it does. Right now I've gotten hit with several orders at once so its not a bad thing for the delay.

I can wait too. Davy Jones will get cancelled over my dead body, and these two will have the same honor. I'd like to manage all three without having to hock a kidney.

They posted an update about the bodies... not super attractive in the midsection, but look to pose very nicely.

043008_sambody01.jpg

043008_sambody02.jpg

043008_sambody03.jpg

Back