FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say quell impatience, the body's sorta old news so why break it out now. It's cool to see and all, but it would have had far more impact around SDCC last year, putting it out now when we ought to be close to having them in our own hands to check that out is sorta lackluster.

I agree with MaulFan. The body is old news. Its purpose is nothing more than to quell impatience.

If SSC openly announce in the newsletter that the Hobbits will be delayed to the third quarter, then more cancellations will follow.

For now, I am getting sick waiting for them. :sick But I am still sitting tight, no cancellations from me at this moment in time.

Well, I was trying to be nice but yeah you're right. :lol

Well I'm not aiming to be mean, just add some laughs in here cuz the thread is on life support.

Hellllloooooo... Does anyone else remember reading this? :wave

Sorry dude, soon as I caught their blurb was the Prod Blog images, I stopped reading cuz I knew even if it said something like that, I wouldn't take it to heart without an email notice or seeing them down in the shipping dates section.

Back to Hobbit discussion, hehe, I agree that the midsection on the child body is unsightly, but given it's location, I imagine it won't ever alter the look of clothing on the figure so the enhanced articulation is worth it. That's the only part of the body that looks questionable to me, the rest is really superb.

Midsection is not an issue with any figures I want to utilize the short body.

What's great is I think the body should allow for those hunched over, head looking up poses, similar to the Frodo PF, like when they fought the cave troll. I fully plan to test the body's limits with my pictures.

Midsection does look a little odd but like ya said I doubt it ever comes into play. This body I think gives us the potential for posing these two and other smaller figures that I hope get made.

I would have liked to see the new body posed next to a standard "Buck" body in order to gauge the size of the hobbits. I still say that that it will be way too tall, as per that silhouette shot. But considering it's the only game in town, I'm not arguing. I'm just thinking that "Gimli" may end up being too tall for a dwarf, though...

I would have liked to see the new body posed next to a standard "Buck" body in order to gauge the size of the hobbits. I still say that that it will be way too tall, as per that silhouette shot. But considering it's the only game in town, I'm not arguing. I'm just thinking that "Gimli" may end up being too tall for a dwarf, though...

Without question it'll be too tall. That's the sacrifice you make with generic base bodies. It's short enough that clearly they'll be the little people and the regular characters will look appropriate, just won't be the dramatic size difference. This way, the body can be used for short characters and teenagers in any line.

I would have liked that they be exact of course but honestly I'm not sure that is really possible. These will be just fine for what we want IMO and will look good in our collections.

I bet they use that same body, add padding, and let his helmet and boots add the extra height.

I think that's a good guess.

I've got a ToyBiz Gimli displayed alongside my SS Aragorn and Legolas and he looks fantastic. Scale seems about right, too.

I'm sure there will be several customizers doing some major surgery on the hobbits in order to get them more to scale.

I've got a ToyBiz Gimli displayed alongside my SS Aragorn and Legolas and he looks fantastic. Scale seems about right, too.

I'm sure there will be several customizers doing some major surgery on the hobbits in order to get them more to scale.

I may be one of those. I really want to emphasize how little they really are, so I may be keeping them hunched and bowed over to reiterate just how tiny they should be.

They look to be a bit taller than a Mego body... so too tall, but acceptable. I imagine if they made them accurately scaled it would be very hard/expensive to get the clothing to scale properly and look good.

Picture please?

They look to be a bit taller than a Mego body... so too tall, but acceptable. I imagine if they made them accurately scaled it would be very hard/expensive to get the clothing to scale properly and look good.

Inevitably. The detail still amazes me, but I will be very careful to pose them so that they lose some of that extra height in favor of a smaller stature. That will be especially important once Gimli comes along.

These bodies are actually much closer to correct for gimli. He was about 3/4 the height of the Human characters. The Hobbits were about 1/2 the height.

I will have no problem ignoring this.

Back