FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The long delay is causing disruption to my planning. If they ship in the third quarter along with the Indy 1:6 and Premium Format figures, I may have to cancel my pre-orders for the Hobbits as my wife only allow me a maximum of 2 figures a month. And because she is usually the one at home when the delivery man arrives, she will know how many figures I am adding to my collection.

Does that mean that the 2 Hobbits won't be shipping in the next 30 days?

It's possible, but the Newsletter list isn't always complete, i've seen things that notices have been emailed about and don't show up in the Coming in 30 or Now Shipping sections, so it's not the tell all of SSC shipping. I would be prepared for them to ship late May early June to be safe, but don't be surprised either if it's mid to late June or even July before we see them.

I sure hope July isn't the ship date...with SDCC and all. Plus that would mean it took SSC an entire year to debut, sell and then ship TWO figures out! I think that is a very long time to wait....but I guess that's why they don't charge cancellation fees.

I wonder if they took the complaints from when the 360's came out to heart, and sent them back.

Well those were final production samples so nothing would have to be sent back, they would have still been overseas when that happened. Plus, SSC said they were final approved production samples, so they're happy with how they came out, I doubt they're going to redo all of those Frodo heads just because of a little griping around here this late into production.

I didn't know they were final samples. Maybe they are much closer than the newsletter is letting on.

Would they delay them just to be nice to our bank accounts? I'm sure they're onto the fact that Star Wars/Lord of the Rings/Pirates of the Carribean fans are largely one and the same.

Or is there something more nefarious afoot? Like the hobbits showed up and they were all girls in disguise or something. :monkey1

I would swear the newsletter originally said that they were "expecting them to land in the warehouse very very soon". I just checked again and it doesn't say that anymore.

I am confused. :(

And was the new production blog entry something to heighten or anticipation, or to quell our impatience? :huh

I'd say quell impatience, the body's sorta old news so why break it out now. It's cool to see and all, but it would have had far more impact around SDCC last year, putting it out now when we ought to be close to having them in our own hands to check that out is sorta lackluster.

Canceled! ^^^^ing sick of waiting and trying to plan the $ flow around these guys. If they turn out good i'll get them from an online retailer.

Of course now that i canceled we will be getting notices tonight.

I would swear the newsletter originally said that they were "expecting them to land in the warehouse very very soon". I just checked again and it doesn't say that anymore.

I am confused. :(

Hellllloooooo... Does anyone else remember reading this? :wave

Back