FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the exact scale of these guys doesnt really bother me. i plan on lining them up on a shelf side by side kinda like a mini museum of cinema. i dont plan to pose them together in a diarama fashion. it is nice that they made an effort to get a smaller body for these guys and for future "small" characters down the road. gotta give SS props for that one.

SS says shipping this month but I actually hope its next month. After ages of good finances, this is turning into a bad month and I'm worried I wont have cleared funds when this processes :balrog

i think im gonna start coming in here on a daily bassis and say:
"no shipping notice on Frodo and Sam yet? *sigh* oh well. maybe tomorrow."
maybe ill be like that one guy who replies after every newsletter:
"SIDESHOW PLEASE!!! WE WANT FRODO AND SAM NOW. ITS BEEN 10 MONTHS SINCE PREORDER!!! THIS LINE IS CANCELLED???"

OK - So, I got an email today offering me an upgrade from my regular edition Frodo and Sam to the Exclusive edition. Sounds like a winner to me.

OK - So, I got an email today offering me an upgrade from my regular edition Frodo and Sam to the Exclusive edition. Sounds like a winner to me.

Sounds like a lot of people are jumping the boat and they can't even get people on second chance to sell out the Ex. so they're just upgrading others. Good for those who wanted Ex. and missed out, but doesn't bode well for circumstance.

I'm sure people are just sick of waiting. They'll use that money for Indy, TDK, Iron Man and all the other high profile figures that are on the horizon. If this line limps it's way to completing the Fellowship, it'll be lucky.

Sounds like a lot of people are jumping the boat and they can't even get people on second chance to sell out the Ex. so they're just upgrading others. Good for those who wanted Ex. and missed out, but doesn't bode well for circumstance.

I know how it is possible that you are correct. And I hope to Hell that you are not. I agree that would not bode well for the line at all. And I love the line just as much as I love the Star Wars line and I do not want to see it end.

But what other reason could there be? An apology for the delays? Accidental over-production of the Exclusive? I don't know. But I do know that the same thing happened with my Jabba and my Sith Eye Probe Droids.

I know how it is possible that you are correct. And I hope to Hell that you are not. I agree that would not bode well for the line at all. And I love the line just as much as I love the Star Wars line and I do not want to see it end.

But what other reason could there be? An apology for the delays? Accidental over-production of the Exclusive? I don't know. But I do know that the same thing happened with my Jabba and my Sith Eye Probe Droids.

It's the instant gratification and self absorbed culture the world has created. Peopel want their figures fast and feel a sense of personal entitlement and take things like delays and such as personal slaps to the face, lose patience and move on to the next thing. Monogomy is rare in the collecting world, yet funnily enough, those that practice it are the happier collectors and the fickle ones are the ones that usually go off on the big tangents when something the "expect" to happen hasn't.

It's the instant gratification and self absorbed culture the world has created. Peopel want their figures fast and feel a sense of personal entitlement and take things like delays and such as personal slaps to the face, lose patience and move on to the next thing.

For "those people" there is always Hasbro or its equivalent. The rest of us get Sideshow. :D

I don't think I'm fickle or demanding for canceling Frodo and Sam.

IMO its hard to stay motivated for a line that has consistantely seen delays and push backs. I plan on eventually picking the figures up, but if I've waited 10 months or whatever its been I can wait 8 months more and pay 25-50% less.

I give SSC about 6 months for me to be willing to pay retail before my attention wanes, after that 8 or 10 months wait may as well be 18 months wait and save some cash.

I'm very excited about this figures, but in no way am I growing impatient.

I can wait, as long as the paint apps aren't as bad as Faramir, everything's OK.

I really think this line isn't for the casual collector, but I'm concerned how that affects the rest of us.

I can wait, as long as the paint apps aren't as bad as Faramir, everything's OK.

That's the thing: what if after all this waiting, the paint apps just aren't there? It's a nightmare for collectors on any figure, but it's particularly painful with LOTR, considering the wait time.

I do see the logic for those who passed on this line in hopes of picking them up once the Fellowship is complete, and maybe for far less than SS prices.

There's still 3 more to go in the Fellowship: Gimli, Merry and Pippin. Then there's a couple bad guys we all need after that.

Anyone think the Fellowship will be completed this year?

Anyone think that IF it's completed, that the line will end? Meaning, no Saruman, no Lurtz, no Ringwraithe, nothing.

I hope we'll see a few figures like Eormir and Galadriel. Maybe even an Elrond.

But thats more hope than anything realistic.

I REALLY don't understand why this line is so slow (it also seems SW has slowed of late). SSC seems to be spreading into more new licenses and distributing Medicom and Hot Toys rather than solidly dedicating themselves to building larger lines.

You'd think by cancelling military, Buffy, Angel, and for the most part 1/6 monsters that they'd be able to have a bigger focus on LOTR...

Back