FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does seem like perhaps SS has spread itself out like butter scraped on too much bread...

But so far, the line has been the best of their entire 1/6th figure lines. That's being pretty boastful, but I believe it's true. The outfits have been the most complicated seen so far and not one of them has come out disappointing. All have been VERY impressive. There have definitely been some headsculpt paint aps woes but those can be found in any of the other lines as well.

I personally would drop ALL other 1/6th lines in favor of the LOTR line. Truth be told, I've already been leaning in that direction. With rising prices, I simply can't afford ALL that I want, so I've become even more choosey.

I'll be very surprised if a Ringwraith is not produced. As it is, the line has no villains at all, and if they were only going to make one I'd go with the 'wraiths. Besides, some fools (like me) just might buy nine of the damned things.

As far as total enthusiasm for this line, I imagine it will pick up a lot once Sam and Frodo are in peoples' hands. I still haven't picked up a Faramir, but there's no way I'd miss out on the nasy little hobbitses. I also imagine that interest will increase as the The Hobbit films grow nearer, and it's distinctly possible some figures could do double-duty for both sets of films, depending on the designs del Toro decides to go with (like maybe Gollum).

Last edited:
I think in the end this line will get several figures but its not gonna move real fast. I just hope they are willing to go the distance.

You sure won't have a problem getting them later!

I think I got to do it. I'll lose my Lembas bread, but I'll probably save $20 on each figure in about 6 months...maybe even 3 months.

I just hate to have waited all this time, since Aragorn really, just to give up on them when they're only weeks away. Maybe I'll get a nice windfall or find an old lady to mug or something...

I think I got to do it. I'll lose my Lembas bread, but I'll probably save $20 on each figure in about 6 months...maybe even 3 months.

I just hate to have waited all this time, since Aragorn really, just to give up on them when they're only weeks away. Maybe I'll get a nice windfall or find an old lady to mug or something...

You can scroll down and read post #1609 and get a little reassurance that you won't loose you lembas. It seems that they have so many of the Exclusives, that they are upgrading some of the regular version orders.

You can scroll down and read post #1609 and get a little reassurance that you won't loose you lembas. It seems that they have so many of the Exclusives, that they are upgrading some of the regular version orders.

Wow, well I guess that seals it. No need to hang on to these guys if I can get them down the line later.

I hate to add to the lagging sales and cancelations though.

Decisions, decisions...maybe I'll wait until we get our 20-25 day notices to really make the call. That, or maybe SS will post some more production pictures that will impress me this time.

Like I said in my earlier post, I'm glad they're now shipping in June. Months of steady finances and then May turns out to be a nightmare! Happy to wait for the hobbits... but needs to be soon otherwise I'll get into the situation of Han Solo ANH, Luke ANH and hobbits coming out close together. Then my card will truly melt down! Also, I'm still waiting on a BD Pred 2 from Forbidden Planet which they assure me is still coming in. Here's hoping I dont get hit with a quadruple whammy!

they have a way of doing that to us!!

Usually All year long I'm alright except for Christmas.. you know the time you buy other people things. But this year I got slammed so bad it was pathetic!! Had about 6 things show up 2 were PF's!! :banghead:banghead:banghead

I know there are going to do it to me again!! :monkey2

Back