FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After waiting all this time, I'm now considering canceling.

I know. It's been nearly a year, since August 07. Waiting. Wanting.

And now, I want too many other things right now. Too many things all coming within a month of each other.

Anyway, this line is deliberately paced slow, so anyone who cancels will have time to pick up what they missed later.

So far, I have never looked back and regretted not having a figure I had to cancel...even though it's killed me every time.

I think the rising price of figures is putting a hurting on me. And I just can't pass up what HT has coming out this summer.

The new prices suck for mass collecting. I guess we had it good for while.

But the increase does force me to be more selective, which is probably a good thing in the long run...so I don't have a display case where everything gets lost in a pile of figures.

Increased prices aren't an issue, the lack of a somewhat balanced increase in salaries and an equally growing cost of living makes it hard. If gas weren't hitting to hard right now, even if the figures were still these prices they'd be much more affordable. This is a great line, but it's hard to hang on when so many others are going full steam. Hell, Hot Toys is going to have TDK figures ready right around the release of the movie, not to bring up badness if Irish reads this, but SSC doesn't have Indy to go along with that movie, and I'm fine with it, just pointing out differences in paces it's hard if you like multiple properties. Between HT and Sideshow, there's hardly any property I would want collectibles from that aren't getting made.

Its not hard to stick with this line but LOTR is p there for me and I'd cut POTC, Batman, etc well the heck before LOTR. I think it depends on how much of a LOTR fan you are.

Increased prices aren't an issue, the lack of a somewhat balanced increase in salaries and an equally growing cost of living makes it hard.

Collecting is my "cost of living". :)

Its not hard to stick with this line but LOTR is p there for me and I'd cut POTC, Batman, etc well the heck before LOTR. I think it depends on how much of a LOTR fan you are.

Absolutely. And I'm just not fan enough.

I want to stay with the line, right now it's whether I can keep with it on the schedule. Late May/Early June is shaping into a slew right now and that's when my insurance and payments are due on my car as well as rent. Of course, part of my problem too is that I don't have a real credit card, though I've found a deal and signed up for one and should be getting it soon, but using my debit card means I have to be able to cover the cash at the time I'm charged. If Frodo and Sam were just June CC charges I'd be all set, but I need to have like $1000 available in 1 week to cover all my stuff on top of life expenses. Something's going to have to get the axe, and it'll either be Frodo and Sam or I'll do them with RP. Palpatine bust and HT POTC figures will be hard to find down the road for a reasonable price, I dont' think any HT figure's every gone on Second Chance with SSC, but Frodo and Sam Ex. are still available, let along regulars, so there's plenty option to stall acquisition of them. I don't plan to cancel for good, but may have to for the interim.

I don't say what I said in my last post to be a dick. I apologize if it comes across that way.

I'm not gonna get every figure but these are two I'm getting now.

Thanks guys.

But I think I'll hold on to Frodo. His exclusive seems a bit more worthwhile. Then again, he's also $82.72... jesus, expensive little Hobbit.

heh, i'm just the opposite. when i think Sam i think Lembas almost immediately. but i doubt i'll ever have Frodo holding anything but Sting.

anyone know of a good deal on the regs?:naughty

Gonna get em cheaper somewhere else i decided. With moving in the beginning of june and ^^^^, and luke coming (he's more important) I'm putting these on hold. A little longer won't kill me since it's been so long.

Makes sense, Sam looked just fine in the 360 vid but Frodo looked questionable so I'm sure there's hesitancy with him but Sam is promising to deliver what everyone expected from the prototype.

It could also be the characters themselves: SAM >>> Frodo.

I cancelled the exclusives a while ago-- but I've got the regulars ordered through my friendly on-line Canadian retailer. With these on the way and Gandalf soon I certainly hope there are at least two more 1/6 LOTR announcements before the end of the summer/SDCC...

After waiting all this time, I'm now considering canceling.
I'm not cancelling these (though I did just cancel the SHAUN OF THE DEAD figs) but I'm quite "meh" about them now. I'm hoping that changes when I have them in-hand, though.

Got my notices. I keep wanting to cancel (with all the Indy influx) but I think I'll regret it. These two, Gandalf and Aragorn are enough for me.

Back