FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think we'll see much from the Hobbit. It's taken about a year since the PO of Frodo and Sam.... we'll be lucky to get Gandalf early '09.

The Hobbit is going take time to make and with a proposed two films planned, I think there will be plenty of time for Sideshow to release more of the LOTR figures we want before then... if only they would just speed things up a wee bit.

Well that's the key there, at a figure or 2 a year, it's a long road, still 3 characters just to make the fellowship, plus about a half dozen other heroic charactes plus at least half a dozen villains to be made. It'll take 6-8 years at this pace to get there.

I think it would be safe for me to order these now then i don't think i would have them by next wed. (moving, and i would want them sent to the new addy)

I'm definitely planning on picking up the hobbits and pretty much every figure in this line. It's just a downer to wait almost a year for a figure to finally ship, and only have "1" figure pre-ordered in between.

The excitement fizzles and we end up with "The Great Fararmir Image" thread dominating this section of the forum...(ironic in that it had the worst paint-aps of those released so far...) ;)

The excitement fizzles and we end up with "The Great Fararmir Image" thread dominating this section of the forum...(ironic in that it had the worst paint-aps of those released so far...) ;)

My beautiful Faramir re-paint is not pleased with your lack of vision!

IMG_0724.jpg

Repaints don't count! LOL!!!

Great figure there, Capt. Mine is getting repainted as well, along with a Darren Carnell Anakin headsculpt.

The sculpts have been very good so far. Paint apps have been hit or miss, though.

Repaints don't count! LOL!!!

Great figure there, Capt. Mine is getting repainted as well, along with a Darren Carnell Anakin headsculpt.

The sculpts have been very good so far. Paint apps have been hit or miss, though.

With that I totally concur. If they would sharpen up the paint apps, these figures would be solid gold. Costume-wise, they're unrivaled. They have tons of accessories, and the sculpts are great. It's just some sloppy paint here and there.

Back