FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just received my 1:1 crumb and just bought a good pressure washer so these might have to go...probably...yep they gotta go....for now.

It's funny how everyone is canceling now including myself.(but i will most likely order them up soon, it's just bad timing) I have a feeling these will be sought after in the future. Curious to check out the new body.(first LOTR figs not on the damn buck)

You know, with all the long wait and time we were given for these, how come nobody saved up enough money? :confused:

That's sort of the double-edge sword of things. We've been waiting so long, a lot has come up since they went up for order, and unfortunately, a slew is coming all at once, plus other life things to pay for. Including Frodo and Sam, I've got about 10 things form Sideshow coming in or have come in over about a month's span, tough to forsee that, and unfortunately 2 of those pieces ammount to $1000 basically by themself, let alone the rest. I'm having to axe the Predator dio as well for now.

I imagine it's all the stuff that came out since these were announced. That's the problem with such a very long lead time.

Pretty much, the LOTR line is running at about 20mph but Hot Toys, Medicom and Sideshow's other products are running 70mph or faster. Lot of exciting properties and products being made, pieces that don't keep up with the pace of the market are bound to suffer in sales.

That makes sense. I just hope sideshow doesn't see all the cancellations as a major negative and puts this line even further down the list; maybe even a permanent axe.:google

I agree, and understandably so, the LOTR costumes and such aren't as simple as Jedi robes, but if they're serious about this line, they have to pour more into, even take resources from other lines, to speed it up, trains moving full speed ahead with or without them.

Bout time!! :rock Can't wait to add :frodo and sam to my collection. Impressed me so much last year @ SDCC Other stuff would get the axe before these.

That makes sense. I just hope sideshow doesn't see all the cancellations as a major negative and puts this line even further down the list; maybe even a permanent axe.:google

Money talks. I do worry this sends a bad message, and I'm as much to blame as anyone since I had to cancel. But if the line ends prematurely, then I don't have much of a need for the Hobbits anyway. If it continues, I'll pick them up somewhere, sometime.

Thing is, when this line got started, the pace was ok because Sideshow was really just kicking into gear. Since then, the Star Wars line has been rolling, they've started the Legendary Busts line, expanded into more dios and licenses, so Sideshow alone has sort of exploded since the LOTR 1/6 line started. At the begining, the pace was slow but it didn't make much difference because it was easy to follow along, but now, Sideshow alone is rolling out a lot more and Hot Toys has grown it's offerings and licenses and even Medicom seems to be expanding a bit. LOTR 1/6 line seems to be the only line that's still at a pace for 2006, but it needs to catch up to 2008 to stay alive.

I agree, MaulFan. The slow announcements and slow releases are hurting this line. It's hard to keep interest from sliding to other lines (and not necessarily another SS line) with the slow schedule. I think that they should have dedicated more resources to this line and had it bust out just like they did with the Star Wars figure line.

It's a shame, really, because this line so far has the potential to be THE 12inch figure line for Sideshow.

The turtle crawl is killing this line. I would be surprised to see more than a couple more, if any, announcements from this line.

It's hard to keep interest from sliding to other lines

I think there's a lot going on, and not even necessarily interest sliding. I'm still interested in this line.

Thing is, what hurts this line most is long production time and the ease of availablity after the intial shipments either through Sideshow or on the secondary market.

Hot Toys products are virtually impossible to get for retail within a month of shipping, some items within a month of announcement. So when you're forced to have to select which items to keep on order and which to drop, smart money says the products you can get for the cheapest price. I'm temporarily cancelling Frodo and Sam for the Hot Toys POTC figures and Palpatine bust because all 3 of those pieces will be a fight to get for a good deal later on. Frodo and Same will likely hit second chance through SSC alone, let alone eBay and other dealer specials for even less than retail.

Back