FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I KNOW I should cancel, but I just can't do it. I want to have these in hand too badly, and I want to paint them up and dirty them down. I'm considering going ape^^^^ and doing a full-out Crack of Doom customization to both of them!! I just really want to paint Elijiah's eyes. Blue eyes just pop in 1:6 scale and Frodo's should be so filled with emotion! I can't wait to get these!!

The only mistake SS made with this line was in the HUGE gap between quality of the prototype Aragorn and Legolas, and what actually shipped.

If I had never seen the protos (which were some of the best figures I'd ever seen!!), I'd be really happy with my LOTR figures! As it stands, I'm still very happy with them all.

As long as they keep putting them out, I'll be getting. (Although from my retailer.) At least until they (hopefully) finish out the Fellowship.

^^^^. Processing in 24 hours. With Davy Jones just having hit, I hope my credit card will still put out. Sometimes she'll go all night, but usually she just gets a headache and rolls over. Women...

Bummer about so many having to cancel... although like all of the LOTR figures the regulars will be available at a big savings and you'll most likely be able to score the exclusives for the same or a bit more than retail.

Just hoping that Sideshow stays in this one for the long haul... I'd hate to see such a great line get Highlandered.

Lotta people are canceling, but most are coming back to get them a little later on.(myself included)From what i've been reading. Hell, i may just order them up this friday when i get things settled.

Yeah, they didn't get the new hobbit body for nothing. Merry and Pippin are for sure gonna happen IMO.(i would let the worrys go people, it make take a while for them to get here though :))

Yeah, they didn't get the new hobbit body for nothing. Merry and Pippin are for sure gonna happen IMO.(i would let the worrys go people, it make take a while for them to get here though :))

That is the life raft of this line, the child-sized bodies. Yes it has applications for Star Wars, but really, in Star Wars, there's minimal ammount of uniquity between Jawas and Ughnauts to go to far, and I don't see them venturing into Ewoks with it and possibly not even Yoda, so core characters from LOTR are your best hope for justifying the expense of developing the body, Frodo and Sam alone aren't enough to justify it, to me anyway, I'm sure everything put into them wasn't worth it for 2 figures, no matter their importance to the line.

I'm not cancelling with permanence, just a necessary delay due to timing.

That is the life raft of this line, the child-sized bodies. Yes it has applications for Star Wars, but really, in Star Wars, there's minimal ammount of uniquity between Jawas and Ughnauts to go to far, and I don't see them venturing into Ewoks with it and possibly not even Yoda, so core characters from LOTR are your best hope for justifying the expense of developing the body, Frodo and Sam alone aren't enough to justify it, to me anyway, I'm sure everything put into them wasn't worth it for 2 figures, no matter their importance to the line.

I'm not cancelling with permanence, just a necessary delay due to timing.

Same here.... I WILL be getting these down the line somehow. Just can't swing it right now. It was the same with the Creature PF and HT Will Turner... Just didn't have the cash, but will find a way eventually.

Like Mikey, I desperately want to paint them both and weather the HELL out of them. :rock

Dwarves, Dwarves, and more Dwarves! Gimli has to be the first one, but Merry, Pippin, and old Bilbo aside, when The Hobbit eventually gets made there should be plenty of uses for the new body with Bilbo and all of the Dwarves. Maybe not all of 'em, but at least the principal ones.

As for Star Wars, I don't care much about Ewoks and the like, but I do hope they eventually get around to making Master Yoda. Gotta have the Jedi Master!

Just got my 3-5 day notice as well... My finger was on the trigger tpo cancel these guys but thankfully I got my mock jury tonight and in a week or so I will have my hobbits! :rock

Dwarves, Dwarves, and more Dwarves! Gimli has to be the first one, but Merry, Pippin, and old Bilbo aside, when The Hobbit eventually gets made there should be plenty of uses for the new body with Bilbo and all of the Dwarves. Maybe not all of 'em, but at least the principal ones.

As for Star Wars, I don't care much about Ewoks and the like, but I do hope they eventually get around to making Master Yoda. Gotta have the Jedi Master!

i agree with you but i don't know if they have the license for the hobbit plus with new line being no more the policies for new licenses might be different.

I'd hate to see such a great line get Highlandered.

That would be a shame. Sideshow needs to show something amazing for this line at SDCC. Its great that we got the Gandalf figure, but we need more, and at a quicker pace.

Last edited:
i agree with you but i don't know if they have the license for the hobbit plus with new line being no more the policies for new licenses might be different.

Yeah, it was mostly wishful thinking, obviously, but there's still a possibility SSC will pursue a Hobbit license, especially since they did LOTR big time. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with that one. In the meantime, Gimli next!!!
:gimli :gimli :gimli :gimli :gimli :gimli

It'd be surprising to see Hobbit 1/6 figures, sure the movie will be out and on minds, but LOTR line is siginificantly incomplete; core heroes still unmade and no villains at all.

My hope/prediction is Saruman at SDCC, counterpoint to Gandalf.

The Hobbit is going take time to make and with a proposed two films planned, I think there will be plenty of time for Sideshow to release more of the LOTR figures we want before then... if only they would just speed things up a wee bit.

Ya think if i ordered these right now that i would have them in hand before wed.(1 week from today)
(cause thats when we move to our new place, and they would be shipped there... MN) Cause i don't want them to come early.

?

Back