Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose, but realistically you could say that about a lot of characters. People don't just want to replicate what happened in the films -- they want to be able to come up with original poses.

I'm not necessarily challenging anyone's want of all that articulation, but I just can't imagine what sort of exciting poses you'd come up with for a big fat Gamorrean Guard that would warrant it.

Yup, as much as folks are anti joint visibility, I'll take it for posability. The best route is a mix of no joint aesthetics and jointed construction. Hot Toys' Wolverine is a good example. Overally it looks more like their muscle body figures, but it's fully articulated plastic so you can actually pose it.

I'm sure Sideshow will do a good job of making the joints show as little as possible on the Gamorrean.

Wolverine doesn't have much more poseability in his torso and arms than a Hasbro Joe. He can't even cross his arms in front of his face like the movie promos. That said, I agree. Though limited, that hindered amount of articulation would be acceptable for the Gammy.

Why would they need all of that articulation? In the film, they did little more than waddle around. Shoulders, wrist, waist and neck should be enough for these guys.

Becuase I don't buy statues.

The best way to do this figure is how Hot Toys does the Dutch figure. With a rubber body over a figure. That way you can have some articulation and not see the joints.

review_gstdutch_8.jpg

No. i have that figure, and as nice as it looks, the figure is epic fail.

I suppose, but realistically you could say that about a lot of characters. People don't just want to replicate what happened in the films -- they want to be able to come up with original poses.

Exactly.

an example

11946.jpg

look, if you're cool with him simply standing around jabba, that's fine. but for me, the playability of these, and the ability to make them take real, lifelike poses even if the pose is out of character is what sells me on it.

11946.jpg

look, if you're cool with him simply standing around jabba, that's fine. but for me, the playability of these, and the ability to make them take real, lifelike poses even if the pose is out of character is what sells me on it.

I agree more articulation SS can do....the better...I tried pulling that pose out of Mikey's gammy

DSC03608.jpg

and a few more ( :eek:=pic quality)

DSC03603.jpg

DSC03605.jpg

DSC03602.jpg

DSC03601.jpg

I know SS is probably too far in production with their gammy, but I think a happy medium if they do go rotocast would be to offer:

interchangable limbs at various angles (that could snap into cut joint areas)

offer multiple hands

Imo that would take care of unsightly joints and offer better asthetics all around

I know SS is probably too far in production with their gammy, but I think a happy medium if they do go rotocast would be to offer:

offer multiple hands

Imo that would take care of unsightly joints and offer better asthetics all around

Adding articulation would be a cheaper option, and preferred for an action figure. Function over form. ;)

why wouldn't yoda be vinyl???

Becuase he does have several poses even in the OT. it's be easier to just engineer a new body for Yoda. like a micro pro body.

offer multiple hands

or you could just buy a statue if joints bother you.

Swappable arms is even worse imo. instead of limited articulation, you get no articulation, and limited posing.

like a micro pro body.

Or just a modified Hobbit body.

As for the Gammy, this is the extent of dymanic posing I'm concerned with the figure being capable of, if they figure out more, great, if not, as long as this is possible I'll be happy with it.

DSC03603.jpg

Lost in all of this discussion about the roto-cast process is the fact that Gamorrean Guards pretty much blow. :lol

Outside of Jabba and the Rancor, I think the Gamorrean is the coolest looking creature in Jabba's palace.

A welcome edition to the line, Im just grateful its not another Clone, or EU fig

By the way, I got the Gentle Giant Gamorrean Guard bust recently, and even though it's supposed to be 1/6 scale, it's a LOT smaller than the Hasbro version. This seems to back up my suspicions that the Hasbro one is too big. It has me wondering just how big the Sideshow one will be.

gg_gamorrean_guard_bust1.jpg

Back