General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From classy (the San Antonio Spurs) to classless...Lavar Ball.:slap

The debut shoe in their Big Baller Brand is going for $495. A pair of slides is $220.

I don't watch too much college basketball, but I know Lonzo Ball has skill...but the kid didn't win a championship in college, and hasn't even played in the NBA yet.

So now LeBron and Steph will triple the price of their shoes because they 'aint $200 players. :)

So now LeBron and Steph will triple the price of their shoes because they 'aint $200 players. :)

Lebron and Steph have both donated millions upon millions more than likely throughout the years, so I wouldn't really care if they wanted to charge $500 for a pair of shoes, but this kid hasn't done anything and his dad is nothing more than a egotistic vulture who only cares about money and fame. He needs to just go away, but like the Kardashians, he finds a new way to stay in the news.

You could have said that the day the season started.

Agreed ... though there were enough subplots during the regular season that made it mildly entertaining. As much as I've enjoyed watching the Rockets and Spurs and the Wizards and Celtics go back and forth in their respective series, they're really just fighting for the right to be beaten next by the two juggernauts.

Fantastic first three quarters between the Spurs and Rockets...but the fourth quarter and OT have been horribly played. Yes, it's a close game but both teams have been taking horrible shots. Both teams are gassed.

Harden ain't no MVP. Without Leonard , Houston should've put a fork in SA. Instead, they played absolutely selfish and forced basketball. Bad shot after bad shot.

After Harden missed a wide-open layup for the Thunder against the Heat in the 2012 Finals, a friend nicknamed him "Soften."

Time to bring that monicker back after this game. He seems to wilt on the big stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D'Antoni teams do well in regular season but don't win championships.

I would agree with that. Playing Devil's Advocate, two very good D'Antoni missed out in going to the Finals through bad luck(?): the year that Robert Horry flagrantly body checked Steve Nash that resulted in A'Mare being suspended for Game 7, and the year they played the Lakers TOUGH, losing one game at the buzzer after Jason Richardson didn't box out Metta World Peace and World Peace (he may still have been Ron Artest back then, I don't remember) rebounded a Kobe Bryant air ball to score at the buzzer.

Wowsers... I wasn't expecting that... Especially without Leonard.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yep, no Leonard, no Parker. LMA finally showed up (it was ridiculous that he couldn't score in the paint while Harden was guarding him in Game 5), and Ginobili had a flash back game to keep the Spurs alive in Game 5.

It's been posted in this thread what the next "super team" may be. This is just me thinking on the fly, but what if Chris Paul says "screw this dysfunctional **** and leaves the Clips to sign with the Spurs and replace Tony parker at point? Again, this is me just thinking off the cuff without even looking at the salary cap, but I would think that CP3 at this point in his career values winning over money.

Anyways, do the Spurs stay big with LMA and Gasol to punish the Dubs, or do they try to match the Dubs small ball lineups? Will be interesting to see.

I don't think the Spurs can beat GS (even though I would LOVE to see it) but I think they can give them a series.,, it will be interesting if Aldridge keeps it up when Leonard returns. I think this will be a better series than the East.

Back