General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minn picking up another good player (former Bull) Gibson. Whos next, Rose? With the veteran additions, I have to say now I expect them to be a 4 or 5 seed in the West. No excuses. Should be the best defensive team in the league.

It doesn't matter what the Cavs do, the East is disgustingly bad. They will lose again in the Finals in 4 or 5 games, and Lebron will go to SA next year. I'm pretty sure nobody said Lebron will be playing into his 40s, but he's still the best player at 32. No way GS will be able to keep this team together after 2 years.

The fact that they couldn't pull off PG or Butler and they let Griffin go tells me he will leave. Once Griffin left, the best deal they could come up with was signing Calderon? lol. They should just trade Love now for some young talent or draft picks. They don't need him to make the finals in the east. They will lose against GS either way.

Agree on most points. I've been saying Wolves have been impressive and should be fun to watch.

Agree I think stage is set for another Lebron departure not certain it's the Spurs tho. i agree if off season yields nothing start trading for value now they can still win east without Love. No one is beating GS at the moment...get beat of both worlds

If Lebron leaves that would be his 4 move over three teams.

Can't think of another generational player in any sport that moved that much

it would be his 3rd move Miami>Cle>? , but I think we would all agree it would slightly taint his legacy if he moved around just to beat GS. It wouldn't bother me personally cause I don't care where he plays unless it's the Lakers. I want to see GS lose though and the thought of him playing under Pop would be cool to me. I just can't see him going to LA even if PG is there.

To some his legacy is already tainted why would it bother him 😑

I can't say I can see him in LAL either unless young guys develop quickly and it looks promising. He's towards the end of his career and he wants to win so I doubt he goes someplace to rebuild. In honesty I can't think of anyplace at this time set up to beat the Warriors that'd be attractive unless this and next year changes a team or two drastically. While I like Pops as a coach Leonard and Lebron doesn't equate to a championship unless the remove ultra soft LMA for decent pieces.

To some his legacy is already tainted why would it bother him [emoji58]

I can't say I can see him in LAL either unless young guys develop quickly and it looks promising. He's towards the end of his career and he wants to win so I doubt he goes someplace to rebuild. In honesty I can't think of anyplace at this time set up to beat the Warriors that'd be attractive unless this and next year changes a team or two drastically. While I like Pops as a coach Leonard and Lebron doesn't equate to a championship unless the remove ultra soft LMA for decent pieces.

I don't think LeBron would want to play for Pop. LeBron likes to be somewhat in control, and the Spurs wouldn't allow that.

I think the Warriors may be able to go longer than you think. Sure Iggy and Livingston may be gone in two years, but the core four players can stay together as long as the ownership group is willing to pay the repeater tax. Income based on apparel sales, ticket sales, etc. and a new (EXPENSIVE) arena in SF motivates them to keep the team rolling. Not to mention the team is increasing in value the more they win. So it's not like the ownership group would be losing money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well the team may be increasing in value, but it doesn't mean anything if the owner has no intention on selling it. They are already the highest paid team in the league and they haven't even filled their 2 center spots yet. I like your guys probable Nick Young pick up though ;)

I have no clue what Toronto thinks they are going to do bringing back everyone from last year and overpaying them by a lot. They are still the 3rd best in the East.

Cavs sign Korver to not a bad deal . I like him, but they are paying too damn much to not be a real threat to GS anymore. They really need to dump Love's contract on top of Shumperts for some young 2 way players. Jefferson needs to retire as well. Hell, call Bos up and see if they will take Love lol.

well the team may be increasing in value, but it doesn't mean anything if the owner has no intention on selling it. They are already the highest paid team in the league and they haven't even filled their 2 center spots yet. I like your guys probable Nick Young pick up though ;)

I have no clue what Toronto thinks they are going to do bringing back everyone from last year and overpaying them by a lot. They are still the 3rd best in the East.

Cavs sign Korver to not a bad deal . I like him, but they are paying too damn much to not be a real threat to GS anymore. They really need to dump Love's contract on top of Shumperts for some young 2 way players. Jefferson needs to retire as well. Hell, call Bos up and see if they will take Love lol.

The GSW ownership group doesn't need money. I see them around from time to time driving their $10M+ cars and whatnot. That's probably $35M in four cars below owned by the crazy GSW owners.

bddde3507b7410199ad96e92ebf72b3e.jpg

db756467cdd2161b61d5991ba8793fe1.jpg

70841890b3b87b473120541e7319c407.jpg

59aa2eee6de57bbf4144b68b1ee694d0.jpeg

I've never understood why someone would waste that much money on a car.

At that level it's a great item to buy. Buy a LaFerrari in 2015 for $1.6M? One sold for $5M in 2017. So it tripled in value in three years. These cars only go up in value, often exponentially. You could have bought either of those Vettes for probably a few grand in the 1970s. I know one local guy who owned two of the five Vette Grand Sports (blue car in the pic) and sold them for peanuts. They are worth crazy money today.

A good friend of mine bought a 1963 Ferrari for $110K ten years ago. It's worth $3M today.

If you buy VERY high end cars, they only go up in value. A good one to buy today would be a new Ford GT, it's going to go way up in value right away...or a LaFerrai Aperta (convertible). It's sad, but the rich get richer when they buy these cars.

I just can't fathom spending that kind of money on a vehicle that is limited in utility. I get it if there were like only 5 in the world. But that's just crazy money.

I just can't fathom spending that kind of money on a vehicle that is limited in utility. I get it if there were like only 5 in the world. But that's just crazy money.

If I won the lottery the first things I'd buy would be a home with a bunch of garage space and some crazy cars. Cars that would appreciate in value and that I could enjoy. It's a win/win.

It's like all the early Hot Toys I bought. I enjoyed them, and most went up in value. I bought the ugly SDCC exclusive Iron Man for maybe $140? Sold it for $1,000.

I get that value increases. But I would rather use that money to help support a couple of family generations.

The family can sell one of the cars if they need the money, but we are way off topic now. [emoji848]

another good East player goes out west. Milsap to Denver for 3 years. Not liking the max offer from Sac to Porter. Good player, but not that good. I hope Wash matches. Doesn't make sense for Sac at that price.

Minn picking up another good player (former Bull) Gibson. Whos next, Rose? With the veteran additions, I have to say now I expect them to be a 4 or 5 seed in the West. No excuses. Should be the best defensive team in the league.

That's a hilarious statement right there.

Not liking the max offer from Sac to Porter. Good player, but not that good. I hope Wash matches. Doesn't make sense for Sac at that price.

Doesn't make sense for anyone at that price, he isn't a max contract player. I think Milsap got 90 mil....contracts decent players get make me shake my head. Good for them and their families but wow...

this money that they are throwing around players are just insane NBA should just have a hard Cap.

Back