General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hayward to The Celtics was fairly anti-climatic. He isn't enough to put them over LeBron. Danny Ainge is a horrible GM. Given all the possible moves he could have done with that draft pick, sitting on all of these picks. Getting Hayward isn't much of a feather in his cap. People were expecting Butler AND Hayward or PG13 or even Porzingis. Given that The Pacers traded Paul George for a pack of gum and a half bag of Cheetos, it's obvious they weren't going to let him stay in the conference without severely handicapping another team but it's hard for me to believe that Boston couldn't have offered up a good amount to New York or Chicago.

Milwaukee did the same thing last year, selling their second round pick to the Warriors, who turned out to be Patrick McCaw, who gave them some valuable minutes in the NBA Finals.

Bell has been mirrored a lot to Draymond Green. Especially with his defensive skills. If they could have a Draymond in the starting line-up and a similar player off of the bench, that'd be an amazing steal from Chicago.

Our hope and prayers are for injuries to plague the Warriors for any type of competition next year....rumor is Crawford looking for a buy out to join them or LAL

I heard that rumor too although I don't think he'll go to GSW. I think he'll go to LAL because they'll play him and pay him more and he is already established in LA. If he goes to Golden State it'll be purely for the chance to get a ring. I think Carter has a better chance of going there despite his age. Either way I'm really hoping for another parade chance since I didn't make it out to this last one. :lol

Swaggy P is heading to The Warriors, I'm really, really interested in seeing if they can turn him around ala JaVale McGee in their system

nick-young-celebrates-missed-3-during-knicks-game.gif

Don't be surprised if the Dubs go with rookie Jordan Bell...and blame the Bulls if he turns out to be a steal.

Golden State did not have a pick in the first or second round...and bought the 38th pick from the Chicago Bulls for $3.5 million, and they selected Jordan Bell from Oregon.

GS spent $3.5 million in cash for the pick, but Bell is only eligible for a second round pick contract, which of course, helped Golden State's salary cap wise.

Milwaukee did the same thing last year, selling their second round pick to the Warriors, who turned out to be Patrick McCaw, who gave them some valuable minutes in the NBA Finals.

I don't know why teams continue to help out those ****ers. Chi is a train wreck. I don't know if starting a rookie at only 6'8 would be a wise move, but I hope it isn't lol. I believe they only have 1 more roster spot available?

Our hope and prayers are for injuries to plague the Warriors for any type of competition next year....rumor is Crawford looking for a buy out to join them or LAL

he said he wanted to go to LA. GS wants him, but don't think he wants to go there for peanuts. I need him to go to LA because they will be slightly better with him and if LA falls within the top 5 worst teams in the league next year, Sac loses a 2019 draft pick :gah:.

Meanwhile, Cavs bring back old man Jefferson eye roll.

Swaggy P gif never gets old....always had potential it's the thing between his ears that always got in the way ��

JR Smith 2.0

Cavs have given in...know they can win the east and get pounded in finals again next year then say farewell to James. Gilbert is throwing in the towel...😒

Smith,Swaggy, Walker list of head cases a mile long...money does crazy things to some grown men

Lebron needs one of his friends to stay happy and stay with the Cavs, IF wade or Carmelo would be bought out I think he will opt to stay.

Here is the thing, Phil Jackson was willing to buy out Melo. That's one of the things that led to his dismissal. Kevin Love was already offered up to just about every team that had any kind of asset and they all passed on him. So my guess is that New York wants something in exchange and while Melo has said he'll happily wave his no trade clause for Cleveland, what kind of Cleveland team would they have if they do this? So you take away another piece like Tristan Thompson or something because we know Kyrie isn't going anywhere and you've got a very "hurt" team to contend with even with a weakened East.

I don't think you'll see Melo in Cleveland.

how the east is set up right now, even with Boston getting Hayward I still don't put them above the Cavs, Lebron by himself can go to the finals by himself in the east.
It is funny that two of his banana boat crew is being shopped by their respective teams, I know the bulls went out and said the only way they will buy out wade is if it is beneficial with the team. Meaning they wouldn't pay him 23 mil to play for the Cavs.

Maybe This will work for Cleveland, as far as NY and Chicago, it both fixed their problems. They want to get rid of these players, Channing Fry would probably bought out right away.

https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wum8tpe

Worst case scenario for the Cavs if this experiment doesn't work out (probably won't), MAYBE they'll make the king happy so he won't leave. Or if he bolts out, Wade is a one year rental so he will be a free agent next year, and you get off the hook with Melo the following year. Bottom line if Lebron leaves you won't need Love there anyway since 76ers, Boston, Bucks, Wash, will take over the east. So Cavs rebuild would be quicker.

I don't think you'll see any team take Kevin Love on his own, they've been trying that since the beginning. No one wants to help The Cavs in the East, with good reason, like you said it's already a cakewalk as is. The question is whether Boston has another big move in them. If Boston brings in another player which might be hard since they're shopping players just to afford Hayward, but if they can then it'll force Cleveland to do something. I think if Boston doesn't or can't you'll see Cleveland stand pat.

I think NY will get Melo-Love Swap, I would even say Chicago would be too, it wouldn't be a fair deal but if it makes the king happy.

Nobody wants any love for some reason. His contract isn't horrible for a 20/10 guy. Melo is just owed too much damn money to accept a buyout from NY.

The Love thing is boggling.....why Cavs want to move him for Melo is dumb .....neither great defenders but Love rebounds and passes well whereas Melo, Irving and James need for the ball will stagnate the offense and produce less defense. I guess Lebron simply wants to try and outs score GS.

.I think the league is focused on young, long, athletic, shooters and love doesn't fit the bill beyond being a shooter...everyone wants picks or unproven players versus a productive veteran NY no exception

even love for butler or PG would've been better than the scraps those 2 teams got for their all star players. I bet Griffin would've been able to get one of those guys if he stayed on. I can't believe the Ind GM hasn't been fired yet.

I mentioned it before, I believe Cavs pushing to win another title this upcoming year then begin rebuilding if that fails. I think both Dan and Lebron are ready to walk away from the experiment should they lose again which they will without change up.

Gilbert has a lot of cash in this team just to get beat every year and Lebron's legacy falls deeper and deeper into la la land with each finals loss.

Gilbert is a ****** which is why they have no GM, why they overpay to keep mildly good players...list goes on.

Last edited:
ESPN ran an article today on what it would take to get Melo out of NY

At the moment, the Knicks are over the salary cap, so they'd have to take back $100,000 plus 125 percent of what they would send out in an Anthony trade. Of course, they could go under the cap if they renounced their rights to Derrick Rose ($29.7 million) and Sasha Vujacic ($1.4 million), moves that would create $16 million in space. Also, there's Anthony's trade kicker. Anthony has a 15 percent trade kicker that would add $8.1 million to his 2017-18 salary. That would bring Anthony's contract to $34.7 million, which is almost untradeable. Under the new CBA, however, Anthony can waive all or part of his trade kicker to help facilitate a deal. We saw this with Chris Paul recently when Paul reduced his kicker from $3.6 million to $600,000 to help complete the trade that sent him to Houston. In our trade scenarios, we'll operate under the assumption that Anthony is willing to do the same thing

For The Rockets to do it:

Rockets get:
Carmelo Anthony

Knicks get:
Eric Gordon
Trevor Ariza
Ryan Kelly
Shawn Long
Tim Quarterman
Isaiah Taylor

That's on their own. It's crazy how much they'd give up.

For The Cavs it says they'd only have to give up Kevin Love but that it's not very favorable for either The Cavs or The Knicks because the way the rosters would fill out.

Article: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19841717/nba-potential-carmelo-anthony-trades-look-like

That's crazy for the Knicks not to take on Love straight up, worst case scenario you flip him on trade deadline for pieces, he is a lot easier to trade than an aging Melo. Cleveland loses on that trade base on age, talent level and salary alone. they should involve Boston to a three team trade so Love goes to Boston, Melo to Cavs, crowder, Olynk and some pieces go to NY. Not sure how salaries would go but worst case they can include sixers or Bulls who can absorb salary dump players since they are well under the cap but they should throw in a draft pick or two.

Back