Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Technically it's Non-Refundable. They are within their rights to keep the deposit. You might have an easier time talking your way out of the NRD if you buy a different Sideshow product during the same call.

Captain America WS PF just converted. Trying to decide between that and the XM version.

Quick question: When a statue that usually has a NRD converts to a live order from waitlist... Will I get charged the NRD still?

Yup. You'll be charged the NRD after your WL converts. Usually within 24-48 hours.

Does anyone know if this was created by using studio supplied digital scans made of the actress during production (that were primarily for use in the films CGI sequences)?

I've not seen any sculptors name associated with this and degree of fidelity to her features, as well as the textures of the costume, seems uncannily precise.

At the end of Guardians of the Galaxy is a credit to Gentle Giant Studios. I believe it is for some sort of 3d scanning/ modeling. So the sculpt is probably from a digital scan.

Does anyone know if this was created by using studio supplied digital scans made of the actress during production (that were primarily for use in the films CGI sequences)?

I've not seen any sculptors name associated with this and degree of fidelity to her features, as well as the textures of the costume, seems uncannily precise.

Gentle Giant product info: "Straight off the screen from Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Gentle Giant Ltd. is proud to bring you the Black Widow Statue! Digitally sculpted by the master artisans at Gentle Giant Ltd. using the actual digital scan data of Scarlett Johansson, her costume and props, no other collectable can claim to feature this level of accuracy! "

That means several of us now own 3d prints of Johansson's ass. Life is good.

Gentle Giant product info: "Straight off the screen from Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Gentle Giant Ltd. is proud to bring you the Black Widow Statue! Digitally sculpted by the master artisans at Gentle Giant Ltd. using the actual digital scan data of Scarlett Johansson, her costume and props, no other collectable can claim to feature this level of accuracy! "

Interesting.
After this I can only hope GG has a long, fruitful and symbiotic relationship with Marvel films going forward.

That means several of us now own 3d prints of Johansson's ass. Life is good.

Life is good indeed! :yess: :lol

+1 You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kamandi again.

Thanks for the compliments. BW is a very impressive statue from the sculpts on the suit, the pose and Scarlett face. Goes very well with other 1/4 statues.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I do kind of wish they would do a little more with the stands. It's nice that they don't distract from the character sculpt but it sure doesn't add to it either.

I initially passed on this due to the uninspired base. Only after seeing the discussion on custom bases did I take another look and see the greatness of this piece. Very glad she's mine.

Very few people have the skill to create an alternate head sculpt. Far more will be able to re-paint a statue.
But just about anybody can create an environmental base if they wanted to. You would be surprised what kinds of things are already available off the shelf at a decent hobby shop. It's not a question of "why should I have to do this for a $XXX statue?". It's a fact that this is something you CAN do if you want it bad enough, at some but not a great deal of, extra cost. Try it- you might be amazed at how much more of a sense of pride you have in your collection after you give some pieces a personal, one of a kind, touch.

For myself, I never had a problem with the clear base here. And when I opened the box up yesterday and saw how the light played on the cubes in person, I felt even more strongly that it is a supremely elegant and modern way to show off this (overwhelmingly black clad) figure. I don't have a problem with an especially well realized environmental base- but...viva la difference.
That said, I don't think the clear base on the Cap statue is nearly as well executed. That curving ridge he has his foot up on is a little too soft and feminine for a male figure.

Interesting read, Mose. I wouldn't be against adding to a statue as long as it's nothing permanent. I'm obsessive about keeping my collectibles stock. Hearing your opinion of the Black Widow base makes me more excited to see it in person. Pictures never seem to compare. I hadn't thought about the aesthetics of the Cap base. That makes sense though.

Back