Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahah exactly! All my nephews hate that stuff, but my niece loves it :lol

Your nephews need to be grounded. For life. :lecture :lol :lol

MaxGoof wrote the article. He emailed me over the weekend and asked if he could use my photos. He gave me a photo credit and a quote.

That's totally cool, Kamandi, Congrats! :rock:rock:rock

Mine shipped from AP Collectibles and will be here by the weekend. :rock

7SfG1.gif

Right on, Khev, Congrats! :rock :hi5: :rock

I wish I was that ball. :drool :monkey3

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----------

Okay so I got her and man, wow! She is stunning!

BUT!

Her holster broke. I guess I may not have warmed it a bit, so one gun holstered just fine, but the other one was too thick and broke her holster. Now it is a slightly clean break, and can be fixed, but I'm unsure as to what. I think I could get a replacement, issue is.....I was 599/600, so I doubt a replacement may be possible. I do partially think the piece was a bit cold, however, I had her at room temperature for about 6 hours before attempting. Well, that kind of sucks :lol

DSC_0588_zps9f3f92b8.jpg

DSC_0589_zpsd0602b55.jpg

Is this how finding out the missus is pregnant feels? :monkey2

Sorry to see that Doctor. It was simply cold when I got mine, lately it's been insanely f'ing cold - especially around Chicago. Any material can be brittle after spending enough time in that cold.

Not sure just yet, but she may be returned for a refund :(

No replacements huh? That sucks...

Is the piece that broke off a solid piece or did it break into several small pieces? if it's just one piece and being the statue is black, you could probably glue it back on and it wouldn't hardly be noticeable.

No replacements huh? That sucks...

Is the piece that broke off a solid piece or did it break into several small pieces? if it's just one piece and being the statue is black, you could probably glue it back on and it wouldn't hardly be noticeable.

Well I contacted GG and it was pretty much a mind ****. Told me to wait til a head rep comes.

BBTS hasn't gotten back to me. Which is weird, they're pretty quick about it.

But GG said they'll have to see of what they can do. So it could be a potential replacement or refund more likely.

The piece is broken solid, but issue is that the holster is actually thinner and can't hold the gun. If you try and place it in, it'll break again. I'm not talking jamming it down, the other was no problem; so it's the holster to begin with. Also she has smudge of black paint on her neck and chin, and finger print smudges and slight chipping on her left leg on the texture.

Man, kind of blows. But we'll see. Hoping for the best.

Well I contacted GG and it was pretty much a mind ****. Told me to wait til a head rep comes.

BBTS hasn't gotten back to me. Which is weird, they're pretty quick about it.

But GG said they'll have to see of what they can do. So it could be a potential replacement or refund more likely.

The piece is broken solid, but issue is that the holster is actually thinner and can't hold the gun. If you try and place it in, it'll break again. I'm not talking jamming it down, the other was no problem; so it's the holster to begin with. Also she has smudge of black paint on her neck and chin, and finger print smudges and slight chipping on her left leg on the texture.

Man, kind of blows. But we'll see. Hoping for the best.

yeah that's way to many issues.... Hopefully they'll get you a replacement....

If you decide keeping the figure is your best option you might try slimming down the gun slightly. This would create less pressure on the holster. You could file down the side of the barrel that faces her thigh and it might not even be visible. You would probably have to glue the gun and holster together, but how often do you need to remove them?

Ah! You're the COOL uncle! :rock :hi5: :rock

Mine arrives this Thursday! :yess:

I'm getting kinda worried. I pre-ordered from Amazon back in December of 2013 and have not gotten so much as a received in warehouse, shipping soon message. I see it other places for the same price, but they're moving fast and I'm afraid of cancelling my order and getting it somewhere else.

Did anyone else order from Amazon?

Back