Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't GG get bought out by a company that makes high end 3d laser printers? Might explain the great likeness factor were seeing from their movie statues....

Gentle Giant looks to be sold out because Black Widow's listing has been pulled. :panic:

survivor1.gif

Gentle Giant looks to be sold out because Black Widow's listing has been pulled. :panic:

There are still 4 left on Amazon right now for around $400 + $50 shipping. Only about $25 more than purchasing through Gentle Giant would have been for me. The seller seems fairly reputable, so I would get it now if you have any interest at all. Doesn't seem that it will be available for much longer at the retail cost.

Has anyone else pre-ordered Cap to go with her? For that matter, is SS still doing a WS Cap PF?

I wrote to my vendor and gave him a small reprieve. I can still get on Amazon for the same price as his with a slight increase in shipping. Has anyone else ordered from Diamond and received theirs? I understand being slow to send them out, but if GG has pulled them from their own website ALL the distributors MUST have gotten their inventory, right?

#354 arrived from Spec Fiction today. Damn...having only had SS pieces in 1/4 scale up till now, I finally understand why people keep saying those feel light. This is slightly smaller than the Allied Cap, but feels much heavier. Even the base has more heft to it than I was expecting.
Tried to give it a good once over. No issues jumped out at me. Face looks good. The eyes look stronger from certain angles, with full on being the weakest (though it's still on par with the better SS's I've had).

I've seen people comment quite often on how good the portrait paint applications are on GG's large pieces. TBH, I haven't been that overly impressed with any of the photos posted- especially going back to Baby Doll. The paint apps to me have all looked competent, but very basic, bland, and almost blown out. With this in hand, what I'm seeing is very, very subtle shading in the features. I'm guessing that a touch that delicate and light is not going to translate 100% when using a flash or direct lighting. In person and up close, I understand now and agree. This is probably the best painted female portrait on anything I own- with the possible exception of the female figure on SS's Conan: The Prize. Just about every other SS female piece I have or have seen has had adequate, but more coarse, paint apps on the portrait. While the protos look lush (like Sonja or Poison Ivy), the production pieces usually look more like a second or third generation xerox.
This is my first (and probably only for a while) GG piece, but I'm duly impressed. By far, this is the finest female figure I've ever owned. Even taking away how strong the likeness is (no small feat), the figure is simply beyond reproach from the conceptualization of the basic form to the realization of tertiary, surface detail like various suit textures.

Congrats to all my brother freaks here how who have managed to snag this or are working hard to. This one is definitely special. I feel extremely fortunate to own it!

There are still 4 left on Amazon right now for around $400 + $50 shipping. Only about $25 more than purchasing through Gentle Giant would have been for me. The seller seems fairly reputable, so I would get it now if you have any interest at all. Doesn't seem that it will be available for much longer at the retail cost.

Has anyone else pre-ordered Cap to go with her? For that matter, is SS still doing a WS Cap PF?

I've got Sideshow's WS Cap on PO and I can't wait to pair him up with my BW. :yess:

I wrote to my vendor and gave him a small reprieve. I can still get on Amazon for the same price as his with a slight increase in shipping. Has anyone else ordered from Diamond and received theirs? I understand being slow to send them out, but if GG has pulled them from their own website ALL the distributors MUST have gotten their inventory, right?

You would think so. :huh

Thanks Darth!

Edition Size 600:

Onr3dOg.png

:yess:

I have a defective one if anyone wants it? :lecture

Just kidding I already spent the money from the return :p

:lol :lol

#354 arrived from Spec Fiction today. Damn...having only had SS pieces in 1/4 scale up till now, I finally understand why people keep saying those feel light. This is slightly smaller than the Allied Cap, but feels much heavier. Even the base has more heft to it than I was expecting.
Tried to give it a good once over. No issues jumped out at me. Face looks good. The eyes look stronger from certain angles, with full on being the weakest (though it's still on par with the better SS's I've had).

I've seen people comment quite often on how good the portrait paint applications are on GG's large pieces. TBH, I haven't been that overly impressed with any of the photos posted- especially going back to Baby Doll. The paint apps to me have all looked competent, but very basic, bland, and almost blown out. With this in hand, what I'm seeing is very, very subtle shading in the features. I'm guessing that a touch that delicate and light is not going to translate 100% when using a flash or direct lighting. In person and up close, I understand now and agree. This is probably the best painted female portrait on anything I own- with the possible exception of the female figure on SS's Conan: The Prize. Just about every other SS female piece I have or have seen has had adequate, but more coarse, paint apps on the portrait. While the protos look lush (like Sonja or Poison Ivy), the production pieces usually look more like a second or third generation xerox.
This is my first (and probably only for a while) GG piece, but I'm duly impressed. By far, this is the finest female figure I've ever owned. Even taking away how strong the likeness is (no small feat), the figure is simply beyond reproach from the conceptualization of the basic form to the realization of tertiary, surface detail like various suit textures.

Congrats to all my brother freaks here how who have managed to snag this or are working hard to. This one is definitely special. I feel extremely fortunate to own it!

Thanks and congrats to you for getting yours! :duff

Thanks Snoop. I feel a little bad about celebrating when other people aren't having as good an experience. Out of the four statues that have come in over the last two months, this was the one I was really holding my breath on. Female portraits are so easy to #*@! up, especially when a specific likeness is on the line. And then with how limited it is...

This looks pretty good, had no idea gg was making 1/4ths I have to think about this, I'll wait until I see in hand vids of cap to decide but leaning very much towards this line.

Yeah I pre-ordered GG Cap also through SpecFiciton... From the pictures his likeness is not quite as spot on as ScarJo's was but IMO it's as good or even slightly better then SS likeness with their statue. Plus his pose looks better with GG Black Widow then SS Action Pose.

Thanks Snoop. I feel a little bad about celebrating when other people aren't having as good an experience. Out of the four statues that have come in over the last two months, this was the one I was really holding my breath on. Female portraits are so easy to #*@! up, especially when a specific likeness is on the line. And then with how limited it is...

Yeah that's the one thing about this hobby that's a bummer. You want to celebrate and have others feel the same way!

Sadly that doesn't always happen. :(

Sith beagle you ole salty dawg! She looks amazing. congrats on gittin' 'er.

Thanks, homie! :hi5:

Captain America WS PF just converted. Trying to decide between that and the XM version.

Quick question: When a statue that usually has a NRD converts to a live order from waitlist... Will I get charged the NRD still?

Back