GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Any of my fellow Freaks who live in Northern Virginia see any of these on shelves around here yet? I bought my 5 packs in Philly and have yet to see these around here. Still need my single carded figures! We should start a USA/Canada tracking thread.

Hey man,I'm in NoVA!!!

Check out the Sterling Target & TRU at the Cascades shopping plaza off Route 7. They had some single pack figures and 5 packs availible.

Darn you all. I have been checking this thread since about the 2nd page and just picked up Snake Eyes today. I am now hooked and get them all once again.

Got the Cobra 5-pack today--what amazing figures! I love these guys, they're what I always wished the Joes looked like in the first place.

I'll be getting these:

51VED9TGTQL._SS500_.jpg
:rock

Its a great resource, tons of cool trivia (like Hasbro agreeing to make a Sergeant Slaughter figure only after a deal to make a Rocky Balboa figure fell through) and of course every conceivable figure, vehicle and accessory from the ARAH line.

Here's a few pics of mine to whet your appetite:

BellaAugust002.jpg

BellaAugust003.jpg

BellaAugust004.jpg

BellaAugust005.jpg

BellaAugust006.jpg

BellaAugust007.jpg

BellaAugust008.jpg

i asked for the Cobra Terror Drome for Christmas and never got it. :(

:lol The Drome and the U.S.S. Flagg are two of the few Joe things I never had as a kid.

My neighbor had both and I hated him for it.:D:monkey3

i looked at the Spiegel magazine it was in for months before Christmas and just KNEW i was going to get it. (that was before I found the "other" section in the Spiegel magazines)

i hate your neighbor now too. :emperor

Awesome pics, Khev. Thanks! :rock :rock :rock

No problem Irish. Be sure to give us a review of that comic guide when you get it. I hadn't seen that one before.

Entertainment Earth has a new high res pic of the upcoming Cobra 5-pack. Can't say I'm thrilled with "Blackhole Cobra Commander" but the Stinger driver looks cool.

HJ63306lg.jpg

Entertainment Earth has a new high res pic of the upcoming Cobra 5-pack. Can't say I'm thrilled with "Blackhole Cobra Commander" but the Stinger driver looks cool.

HJ63306lg.jpg

Gawd, those are disappointing. Hasbro's being Hasbro again. :rolleyes:

I mean, seriously, THESE before Major Bludd???? :monkey2

Gawd, those are disappointing. Hasbro's being Hasbro again. :rolleyes:

I mean, seriously, THESE before Major Bludd???? :monkey2

Its definitely a lackluster 5-pack but in Hasbro's defense they really gave us a slew of iconic figures right from from the opening gates of this line.

Snake Eyes (Commando and Ninja)
Scarlett
Duke
Gung Ho
Roadblock
Cobra Commander
Destro
Cobra Soldier
Cobra Officer
Storm Shadow (first two versions)
Baroness

with Stalker, Zartan, Firefly, Serpentor, Beach Head, Lady Jaye and Shipwreck right around the corner.

So I don't fault them too much for putting out this silly batch of repaints (minus that jetpack trooper) with such an already strong lineup of major characters already in the line.

It'll be cool to see a 25th anniversary Major Bludd but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing updates of Snow Job, Snow Serpents, Eels, Crimson Guard, Flash, Dusty, Blowtorch, Airborne, Ripcord, Torpedo and a few others even more. :)

is this line going to last for a while or just for this year? im really hoping to see an updated bbq and blowtorch as well as many others. this is gonna be great if they keep redoing old characters

I just read that hasbro plans on doing 25 of these figs. so that means after the repaint 5 pack there will be 2 more 5 packs. i hope they keep this line going after the 25. even if its not in 5 packs

Last edited:

Found the hooded single carded Cobra Commander figure today at walmart. The card was slightly warped, but otherwise fine. They had Storm Shadow too, but his was in pretty bad shape.

Thanks for the catalog pics Khev. Oh that 5 pack repaint doesn't suit me at all, maybe just the cobra soldier and the gray one (is that the Stinger Driver?)

I too heard that there will be a short run on figs for the 25th Anniversary. If that is the case I want only the major characters. Bring on Blood, Mindbender, the twins, and Crimson Guards!

Thanks for the catalog pics Khev. Oh that 5 pack repaint doesn't suit me at all, maybe just the cobra soldier and the gray one (is that the Stinger Driver?)

I too heard that there will be a short run on figs for the 25th Anniversary. If that is the case I want only the major characters. Bring on Blood, Mindbender, the twins, and Crimson Guards!

i like the style of these figs so i hope they drop the 25th and just keep making figs in the same style. i cant wait to see BAT or eel

I'm sure Hasbro will keep this line going for as long as it sells. Hopefully kids will like these as much as the collectors do.

Back