GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

I picked up the Joe pack and the individual carded Snake-Eyes--I love these guys! Awesome figures--hard to get them to hold anything, but really nice. I like 'em.

Yea, these are leave em in the package figures, cause the plastic sucks. So much for the "snap on, stay on" moto from early on :lol

I am glad to hear that there is something about these that isn't perfect, because from the box, they look amazing. I passed up Flint, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes yesterday, along with the box sets, in an effort to curb my collecting some. I was in the checkout line before having my "moment of clarity", and returning stuff to the shelf. It stings less knowing that they aren't as playable as they look, and the plastic is a little cheap.

I am glad to hear that there is something about these that isn't perfect, because from the box, they look amazing. I passed up Flint, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes yesterday, along with the box sets, in an effort to curb my collecting some. I was in the checkout line before having my "moment of clarity", and returning stuff to the shelf. It stings less knowing that they aren't as playable as they look, and the plastic is a little cheap.

The plastic is on the cheaper side, but it's really not that bad at all. The hands are the most flimsy of the mold, but other than that they are awesome, and definitely take out of the package figures. Or maybe i'm just partial. :cool:

Based on photos like this I'd definitely say these are figures than can be taken out of their packages:

GIJoe25th-037.jpg

I haven't opened mine yet (I will when I get the 5-packs) but it sounds like they use the softer, more malleable plastic of Hasbro's current SW figures. It isn't perfect but at least you have a thumb that can bend instead of just break off like with the older Joes. No decomposing O-rings or broken crotches to worry about either.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

They truly are badass figures, i've opened and posed both my 5 packs in my cabinet. I can't wait to score more :rock

Movie Update:

1. Stephen Sommers OUT as Director. That's good.

2. Len Wiseman (Underworld/Live Free Or Die Hard) passed to direct the "Escape From New York" remake instead. That's bad.

3. Jason Statham reportedly in talks to play Alex Mann ("Action Man") to appease European audiences. That's very "meh".

4. The active script is still the one reviewed at Latino Review. That's devastating.

Based on photos like this I'd definitely say these are figures than can be taken out of their packages:

GIJoe25th-037.jpg

I haven't opened mine yet (I will when I get the 5-packs) but it sounds like they use the softer, more malleable plastic of Hasbro's current SW figures. It isn't perfect but at least you have a thumb that can bend instead of just break off like with the older Joes. No decomposing O-rings or broken crotches to worry about either.
The plastic is not so much "cheap" as it is very soft (it's been my experience that "cheap" plastic is actually very brittle and is easily broken). Hasbro has been using softer plastic for the hands and lower arms of Joes for a few years now (even the repros of the originals) to alleviate the "broken thumb" syndrome... my assumption is that the tiny hands and fingers of the 25th Anni figures (which are actually proportional in relation to the rest of the figure for a change) bend very easily because of their thin-ness. You can get these guys to hold stuff but it's sometimes a bit of a challenge, especially if they are bare-handed instead of gloved.

The main problem with them is that most of them don't have as much leg articulation as the original RAH figures had due to Hasbro going with leg joints that look a bit nicer. There is an easy fix to this if you aren't afraid to take a screwdriver and an Exacto knife to your figures. So far I've modded the Baroness (who really really needed it), Flint, the Cobra trooper and the Cobra officer and they all can now sit with no problem with minimal cosmetic impact.

Great tutorial Metaphorge! Might you have any pictures of the Baroness after this surgery? I really want to try it on the Cobra soldiers, but am curious if it will be more noticable than it was on Duke. I know that you said you can barely notice on Duke but what about when you strip away the blue on the Cobras? Great photos.

I am somewhat disappointed with the small size of the new joes' heads. I like the old vintage scale proportions. But still... i'm so stoked about these!

Any of my fellow Freaks who live in Northern Virginia see any of these on shelves around here yet? I bought my 5 packs in Philly and have yet to see these around here. Still need my single carded figures! We should start a USA/Canada tracking thread.

the walmart near me was sold out, not one single one available. i did almost get the sigma destro though. love me some destro.

At first I was a bit put off by the differences in design between the new figures and vintage Joes. But dang if the new ones don't take the cake!

2scarlett.jpg

GIJoe25th-043.jpg

2snakeeyes.jpg

GIJoe25th-102.jpg

2duke.jpg

GIJoe25th-041.jpg

The only think I don't like about the new Duke is how is upper chest sticks out over his stomach.

does any one know if these will be available outside the U.S.A ??
such as Australia ? if not any know where I can get them on the cheap shipped out ? ... I have to have these

Back