GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Pick up the Skystriker at Target yesterday. I like how they give you different decal options like using the Original Airforce symbol or the new Gi Joe Logo. Wish it has still a 2 seater though. The new Cpt Ace looks great.

Also finally found differnt Joe other than Snow Destro, shirtless Stormshadow and Zartan. I picked up Low Light

I saw it as well. Didn't realize it was no longer a two seater though. That sucks.

I wish we got the new releases in the UK.

I miss my old collection & the last stuff we got was Valor Vs Venom tein packs & the movie stuff but after that not a drop :(

I hate the UK it sucks bum :(

Neil

I saw it as well. Didn't realize it was no longer a two seater though. That sucks.

Actually the box art is misleading. Because it shows it is a two seater. As a matter a fact, the image of the Skystriker you see in the box is simply a repainted Original Skystriker. If you still have the original, when you compare the new one with the original there are obvious changes between the 2. However if you compare the original with the one they show on the box, all the details match exactly, the most obvious being the 2 seats.

I've been seeing a lot of wave 1 lately. Recondo, Beach, FF, etc. They must be ditching old stock in order to make room for the 30th anni. stuff in the warehouses.

Actually the box art is misleading. Because it shows it is a two seater. As a matter a fact, the image of the Skystriker you see in the box is simply a repainted Original Skystriker. If you still have the original, when you compare the new one with the original there are obvious changes between the 2. However if you compare the original with the one they show on the box, all the details match exactly, the most obvious being the 2 seats.

I was looking at it again tonight and the box definitely shows two seats in the cockpit. Damn shame. :( Still $35 is a lot cheaper than I expected.

I'm hoping the Skystriker sells like gangbusters so Hasbro will hopefully release medium size RAH era vehicles. I'd love another crack at a Tomahawk.

I havent bought any of these, but if they dropped a new Tomahawk, Id be all over it

Well I guess I mean more like the mobile command center, terror drome, HQ, I'd even take a flagg!

Well they did release this back in 2009:

pitbox.jpg

and this in 2003:

boxko.jpg

So Hasbro does throw out a bone every couple of years.

I remember getting the MCC for Christmas back in '87 and thinking it was the biggest toy ever made :lol

Yeah I got the pit, paid $50 shipped.

I wasn't collecting Joes at the time of Joe vs Cobra. I wouldn't mind them retooling it so it can better house the new figures.

^^^ I remembering seeing the Pitt at Walmart on clearance for 30$ and I still passed on it mainly because I was extremely put off by the movie.

I am a MISB collector, so I couldn't run the risk of waiting for clearance. It was the only thing from the ROC line I bought...I do still want to get a couple things but I am not being a completist anymore, just too much stuff, not enough display room. I already have 60+ MOC 25th ann figures that I want to display, I can't justify buying another 30+ figures that I really do not want, just cuz I have OCD :panic:

I didn't hate the movie, didn't love it either, had it's good moments, like Snake Eyes, Baroness, the Paris scene was cool, and just the fact that I have been waiting for a Joe movie for so long!

The new one is looking promising because of some good actors attached and my second favorite G I Joe character will be in it..>Firefly!! :yess:

Back