GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

I'm hearing that TRU's are setting up 30th anniversary endcaps as part of the fall/winter resets. This is excellent news and gives me hope of finding Lifeline, Airtight, Steel Brigade, and the snazzy chrome Viper :yess:

An excuse to get their Sunburned Zartan and Chilly Destro figures off the action-figure aisles and on the back hub by the RC cars nobody cares about. :monkey1

An excuse to get their Sunburned Zartan and Chilly Destro figures off the action-figure aisles and on the back hub by the RC cars nobody cares about. :monkey1

The endcap is actually being set facing the main racetrack, but I'm sure your mileage may vary store to store depending on the layout. Around these parts, Target is the retailer with an overabundance of those two figures in particular but they are moving Skystikers at a healthy pace. The TRU's get a case here and there of newer figures and are gone by days end.

The endcap is actually being set facing the main racetrack, but I'm sure your mileage may vary store to store depending on the layout. Around these parts, Target is the retailer with an overabundance of those two figures in particular but they are moving Skystikers at a healthy pace. The TRU's get a case here and there of newer figures and are gone by days end.

My local store is in Salinas and they still have Rise of Crap figures on the pegs. I was surprised enough to see a stack of Skystrikers stuffed into the bottom shelf with 12" Green Lantern figures dragged in front of them.

I was at my local Wally World last night and found they had their new shipment out. I picked up a couple Vipers, Iron Grenadiers, Hazard Viper, Troopers, and Stalker. Best part is that they were redoing all their toy aisles and they had not been entered into their system. The only one that rang up in the system was the Viper for $3.90. So I bought several and got them all for $3.90!!

So you're telling us that because several of their figures were not in the system and did not show a price, they simply gave them to you for free?

Either you're BSing us or the employees of the store where you purchased them are idiots.

So you're telling us that because several of their figures were not in the system and did not show a price, they simply gave them to you for free?

Either you're BSing us or the employees of the store where you purchased them are idiots.

Well Dino they weren't free he paid an additional $3 or whatever for ea.

I've had this done before with Soprano seasons at Wall-Mart, supposedly 1-3 were $20 but they couldn't scan 3-6.1:6.2 and they marked them as $20 ea. still even though I later found out that they were a little more than that at the time at a different Wal-Mart for something like $34.99.

:yess:

Not how I read that, sounds like he got them all for $3.90 a piece, whihc is possible...and retail clerks aren't going to question it. Usually just kids anyways.

ahh Ski..you too quick

Well Dino they weren't free he paid an additional $3 or whatever for ea.

I've had this done before with Soprano seasons at Wall-Mart, supposedly 1-3 were $20 but they couldn't scan 3-6.1:6.2 and they marked them as $20 ea. still even though I later found out that they were a little more than that at the time at a different Wal-Mart for something like $34.99.

:yess:

Not how I read that, sounds like he got them all for $3.90 a piece, whihc is possible...and retail clerks aren't going to question it. Usually just kids anyways.

ahh Ski..you too quick

:slap.

Thank you, my first impression was obviously the wrong one. Reading comprehension must have been affected by the earthquake.

scrwbll013, my apologies.

I found the new wave at wal mart here in San Antonio. I love the cobra troops and vipers. Not a big fan of the hazard viper. I did pick up a Stalker and Steel Brigade. Not really digging the new card backs though.

Picked up the new wave of 30th ann figs except stalker, they weren't in the system at Wal mart yet so he charged me $6 a piece :) I didn't lie about the price either at $6.97. Cool figures very detailed and lots of access.

Can't wait for the renegade figures

A couple of 30th shots:

Hazard-Viper:

6082537208_a021417306_b.jpg

Stalker:

6086916585_f22dea2e0a_b.jpg

Back