GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

So is anyone joining the Club Subscription?

There is a leaked list,but the only ones I am interested in is Classic Cover Girl,Big Boa,and Jinx......the rest suck and I don't know who they are...My Joe era is 1982-1987 (very few '88)

Also, 7 packs are coming and Hasbro said they will be Classic figures and one of them is big time rumored a 'Dreadnocks' set...Zandar is highly rumored....I hope to see aswell, Thrasher,Monkey wrench (classic version),Zanzibar,Road Pig,Knawgahyde (can't spell it)

We also got Lifeline,Airtight,Sci-Fi,and techno viper coming too! its great the "25th" clasic line is continueing or giving us more characters

Ahhh... I don't know.

I want to, but not knowing what they look like is a bother... It's not like MOTUC, where they've got the Four Horsemen sculpting for them or anything.

So who is the rarest 25th ann figure now? Dial Tone or Piper?

Hey Spazzy, would you mind sharing how much you paid for DT?

I got him and a sealed Mickey mouse Cobra Commander for $250 shipped and insurance. Not bad considering the DT are going higher.

I don't consider Piper to be a 25th Anniversary figure. He's "new sculpt". He's got the logo but that's BS.

I can't remember the numbers for all these... Carded Dial Tone is probably up there, but if you consider the loose Club membership ones as well, I'm sure some of the other Club/Convention exclusives are more rare.

And if you consider pre-production figures, like that Scarlett dressed as Quarrel, City Strike Scarlett, Night Force Falcon, etc... well, that opens up a whole new can of worms.

I refuse to buy RRpiper. He will always be the one that got away.

So is anyone joining the Club Subscription?

There is a leaked list,but the only ones I am interested in is Classic Cover Girl,Big Boa,and Jinx......the rest suck and I don't know who they are...My Joe era is 1982-1987 (very few '88)

Also, 7 packs are coming and Hasbro said they will be Classic figures and one of them is big time rumored a 'Dreadnocks' set...Zandar is highly rumored....I hope to see aswell, Thrasher,Monkey wrench (classic version),Zanzibar,Road Pig,Knawgahyde (can't spell it)

We also got Lifeline,Airtight,Sci-Fi,and techno viper coming too! its great the "25th" clasic line is continueing or giving us more characters

I joined, I figure I can sell the bagged Footloose and at least get my money back. Plus I really want the carded figures.

I got him and a sealed Mickey mouse Cobra Commander for $250 shipped and insurance. Not bad considering the DT are going higher..

Not bad at all, congrats on you score! I trust Dial Tone is already encased in his airtight, UV, dust, and contamination proof case? Good man! :lol

I refuse to buy RRpiper. He will always be the one that got away.

Yikes! Just did a quick ebay search....

I joined, I figure I can sell the bagged Footloose and at least get my money back. Plus I really want the carded figures.

I'm going to join too. I think there's enough interest for me to join.

Not bad at all, congrats on you score! I trust Dial Tone is already encased in his airtight, UV, dust, and contamination proof case? Good man! :lol

Yikes! Just did a quick ebay search....

I'm going to join too. I think there's enough interest for me to join.

As soon as I get him he will be in a star case!

yeah, pretty bad to want to throw the amount of $$ he is getting, away, I get the figure but have to say this is the most expensive figure I bought and it is that horrible p.o.s. figure. I'd rather say that with Dial Tone, a worthwhile figure.

Man, I had forgotten about that Roddy Piper figure. What a horrible looking piece of garbage. And not even in the 25th Anniversary style.

I'm both a Joe fan and a Roddy Piper fan, but never seriously considered buying that figure. He looks like one of those GI Joes you can buy at the dollar store with that mold from the dark days between the RAH molds and the 25th molds.

:yuck I always thought it looked like a international knock off toy using different parts to come up with a new character and packaged it like a joe.....oh wait that is what they did.

haha,
Over the past couple days I've been on the fence about joining too. Looking for a good excuse to push me on to the 60/40 sign up side.

I'm in the process of resurrecting my G.I. Joe collecting. Focused all my art work attention to this realm of escape too... Lovin' it so far. Hard to believe I did attempt this sooner

^^^^ BUT, it is on a 25th Card. Oh the woes of being a completist :lol

Meh, only if you're an MOC collector.

Either way, there are too many crap figures in the 25th line for me to want to be a completist, and Roddy Piper is right on that list, exclusive or no.

I'm both a Joe fan and a Roddy Piper fan, but never seriously considered buying that figure. He looks like one of those GI Joes you can buy at the dollar store with that mold from the dark days between the RAH molds and the 25th molds.

Yeah - that's exactly what he is!

Although, to be fair, a few of those figures were actually quite nice. Lab Coat Mindbender is still one of my favourites... as is Cover Girl (works fine w/25th style - I don't even care that there isn't one).

Some new figures I got recently.

2011 JoeCon Cobra Commander with "Mickey Mouse" emblem, came with postcards and stand. The first mail away CC came with a logo similar to this and was quickly changed, so making the MM logo CC pretty rare, this is a nod to the old figure which I found pretty cool, I collect mostly carded figures now since tryingto be picky but this was too cool to pass up.

JoeCon Dial Tone, was a G I Joe club exclusive but was sent out to subscribers in a baggie, which I don't care much about, but then they said for the Joecon lets put out 600 carded, which of course not enough to feed the demand of Joe collectors and this figure skyrocketed in price, I am sure out of the 600 at least half of them were opened. Got this and the MM CC for a great deal!

SDCC Cold Slither Black Variant Zarana, don't normally buy variants or repaints, but this figure stood out on her own to warrant me getting her. I still remember the cartoon!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SDCC Zarana pink version. Still need to get the last SDCC Joe exc, which I am about to acquire shortly, the Starscream/Skystriker with CC.

The new 30th anniversary figures, wow these are getting detailed! Haven't bought too much since the movie figures were released, so it was nice seeing some Joes I wanted again in the stores.

That Dialtone is nice. One day I may have one. Lol. I really like the Zaranas from sdcc. I opened the pink one but may trade or sell the variant. Just so someone that can really appreciate her can have her.

Thanks!

I got a new rush to buy Joe figures again. Hopefully will buy some new cabinets for my toy room soon, tired of all my figures and vehicles on the floor.

It's giving me the fever with those Exclusive figures as well, last Ex I bought was the Destros.

It's giving me the fever with those Exclusive figures as well, last Ex I bought was the Destros.

I am trying to stay on top of them now, especially with the subscription figures coming soon, if I miss any of those, I know I will pay through the nose.

I miss the 80s cards.

Dying to start the 3.75 collection again. Ahh well.

Just a question but whats the typical buying habits for members with these. Two of each? One on card and one to pose mess around with?

Back