GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

rumor has it that the G.I.Joe club subscription will have classic Jinx,Cover Girl and Big Boa...the rest suck

:lol:

I am getting close to breaking down and buying a Dial Tone on card, can;t believe I am considering it, sells for anywhere from $200-$350...I am hoping for a bit more patience to find him around $200. I hope they don't do too many more "original card" Joes, I like them alot but not if each one is going to cost $40-$300.

Classic "25th" Footloose has been announced today for the 2012 Club figure...

Just hope he is not carded, paining me to find a Dial tone for a decent price, don't want to have the same thing happen again, I'd pass if it was bagged.

Classic "25th" Footloose has been announced today for the 2012 Club figure...

Looks pretty good - guess I'll be joining again.

Just hope he is not carded, paining me to find a Dial tone for a decent price, don't want to have the same thing happen again, I'd pass if it was bagged.

Wait, you don't want him to be carded, but you'd pass if it was bagged too?

Oh, I guess you're just a MOSC collector...

I'm kind of glad I don't collect these anymore. Subscription scams are so lame.

No more 25th?

I have to admit, I've considered it myself... So many of them suck, but the good ones are SO good.

I'll pick one up here or there, but I haven't been actively collecting these for probably 2-3 years now. I wouldn't mind having the left-over RAH guys like Lowlight, Sci-Fi, Dialtone, the "Cobra Island" box setters, etc., but since they just sit in a box it is tougher for me to justify.

I'll make an effort to pick up Airtight, though. He was the first Joe I remember getting, and an '85er, so. . .too bad Footloose is a subscription guy.

I'll pick one up here or there, but I haven't been actively collecting these for probably 2-3 years now. I wouldn't mind having the left-over RAH guys like Lowlight, Sci-Fi, Dialtone, the "Cobra Island" box setters, etc., but since they just sit in a box it is tougher for me to justify.

I'll make an effort to pick up Airtight, though. He was the first Joe I remember getting, and an '85er, so. . .too bad Footloose is a subscription guy.

Nah, Footloose isn't subscription. He's the free figure you get for joining the Club.

No commitments. :)

Looks pretty good - guess I'll be joining again.

Wait, you don't want him to be carded, but you'd pass if it was bagged too?

Oh, I guess you're just a MOSC collector...

Yeah I am a MOSC collector, and am now trying to be more picky, so if he comes on the 25th style then I will buy him, bagged I will pass, and probably if it is on the new card style I would pass too, I remember the character well, but honestly haven't thought about him in years.

Bought a few Joes I have missed, got both Zarana sdcc exc off of ebay, and a collector on hisstank gave me a decent deal on the Dial tone carded joe con exc and Mickey Mouse Cobra Commander bagged with postcards. Now to track down the rest of the htf stuff...or should I say pricey, not really difficult to find.

Yeah I am a MOSC collector, and am now trying to be more picky, so if he comes on the 25th style then I will buy him, bagged I will pass, and probably if it is on the new card style I would pass too, I remember the character well, but honestly haven't thought about him in years.

the figure does not come carded.....they sold the carded dial-tone as a convention exclusive

Footloose will come bagged like Dial-tone from the Club

Just heard rumor on hisstank somewhere that there will be carded figures too, or maybe that is the ongoing subscription similar to the MOTU line. I hope you are right though.

the figure does not come carded.....they sold the carded dial-tone as a convention exclusive

Footloose will come bagged like Dial-tone from the Club

Just heard rumor on hisstank somewhere that there will be carded figures too, or maybe that is the ongoing subscription similar to the MOTU line. I hope you are right though.

Well, I think the general assumption will be that they will offer this one carded as well, for attendees at the convention, since Dial Tone was such a hit.

They will probably make more this time, though. Those sold like hotcakes...

yeah 600, and I am sure alot opened them as well.

Most I ever paid for a Joe figure without it being from the 80's...hope it is not a trend.

Well if they do release footloose on card, I will be more prepared than I was with Dial Tone.

So who is the rarest 25th ann figure now? Dial Tone or Piper?

Hey Spazzy, would you mind sharing how much you paid for DT?

I don't consider Piper to be a 25th Anniversary figure. He's "new sculpt". He's got the logo but that's BS.

I can't remember the numbers for all these... Carded Dial Tone is probably up there, but if you consider the loose Club membership ones as well, I'm sure some of the other Club/Convention exclusives are more rare.

And if you consider pre-production figures, like that Scarlett dressed as Quarrel, City Strike Scarlett, Night Force Falcon, etc... well, that opens up a whole new can of worms.

So is anyone joining the Club Subscription?

There is a leaked list,but the only ones I am interested in is Classic Cover Girl,Big Boa,and Jinx......the rest suck and I don't know who they are...My Joe era is 1982-1987 (very few '88)

Also, 7 packs are coming and Hasbro said they will be Classic figures and one of them is big time rumored a 'Dreadnocks' set...Zandar is highly rumored....I hope to see aswell, Thrasher,Monkey wrench (classic version),Zanzibar,Road Pig,Knawgahyde (can't spell it)

We also got Lifeline,Airtight,Sci-Fi,and techno viper coming too! its great the "25th" clasic line is continueing or giving us more characters

Back