GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

9/10. Silhouette question got me. I think they have it wrong, because it is Grunt, and they don't have it listed as an option.

I got 10/10 for Cobra! though I guessed on the reporter one..

9/10. Got the "Watchdog" question wrong. I have no recollection whatsoever what that was supposed to be and had to guess. Loved the animations. I feel like that game show is a really good sign for Hasbro's commitment to this line. That must have taken who knows how many hours to animate the figures and go through however many episodes for little video clips to match to the questions.

Someone on the yojoe.com forums just posted a pic of his 25th anniversary Cobra figures manning the stations of his Terror Drome. Pretty cool.

samluvsjoes

Someone on the yojoe.com forums just posted a pic of his 25th anniversary Cobra figures manning the stations of his Terror Drome. Pretty cool.

samluvsjoes

very cool picture

How much for that Trooper?!:monkey3:monkey5:D

Ha ha, no way I'm letting the Trooper go, especially with the upcoming single carded trooper incorrectly changing the color of his Cobra emblem to silver instead of red. Check it out:

IMG_9055.JPG

I'll just consider it a carded Viper Glider pilot (I really dig the wood accents on his Dragunov though). :)

For the "real" Cobra Trooper you have to track down a 5-pack!

hasbro088.jpg

:rock :rock

Of course since its Hasbro we're talking about I'm sure we'll see our fair share of red emblem Troopers repacked with future sets and card releases.

Ha ha, no way I'm letting the Trooper go, especially with the upcoming single carded trooper incorrectly changing the color of his Cobra emblem to silver instead of red. Check it out:

IMG_9055.JPG

I'll just consider it a carded Viper Glider pilot (I really dig the wood accents on his Dragunov though). :)

For the "real" Cobra Trooper you have to track down a 5-pack!

hasbro088.jpg

:rock :rock

Of course since its Hasbro we're talking about I'm sure we'll see our fair share of red emblem Troopers repacked with future sets and card releases.
:lol I know I stated this on the first or second page. The Red emblem trooper is ultra rare now. He only comes in the five pack. I want a Cobra trooper with red emblem and red mask, like the good old days.

:lol I know I stated this on the first or second page.

Post #37 to be exact. ;) I bounce between this thread, yojoe.com, cooltoyreview, and TNI. Its hard to remember which forum something is mentioned on. :lol

The Red emblem trooper is ultra rare now. He only comes in the five pack. I want a Cobra trooper with red emblem and red mask, like the good old days.

If this line continues (which I believe it will) I'm sure we'll see plenty of red emblem troopers in future releases.

I played both sides and got 20/20. Played it a third time to see what happens when you lose and got different questions then the other two rounds.
It was okay, the questions were too easy though.

Last edited:

For those in the NoVA (Northern VA) area, I spotted some more 5 packs (both Joe and Cobra) at KB Toys in Dulles Town Center. They seem to be popping up around more now.

They also had a boatload of Hasbro MLs.

For those in the NoVA (Northern VA) area, I spotted some more 5 packs (both Joe and Cobra) at KB Toys in Dulles Town Center. They seem to be popping up around more now.

They also had a boatload of Hasbro MLs.

:rock :rock :rock

Still have yet to find any single carded figures :monkey2 :monkey2

They had them all at my local Target; in fact they're kind of peg-warming over here. I got the Snake-Eyes (the only one that interested me), but they're around--you'll find them soon!

maybe the east coast gets them after the west coast :confused: :monkey5

East Coast almost always gets stuff after the West, because most toys comes over on boats from China.

That said, I've been seeing them here in the Atlanta area for the past 2-3 weeks.

East Coast almost always gets stuff after the West, because most toys comes over on boats from China.

That said, I've been seeing them here in the Atlanta area for the past 2-3 weeks.

blarg!! i'm sure they're here (there are pegs for em), but probably all sold out. theres a flipper who comes in to my target early in the morning and usually gets all the good stuff.

blarg!! i'm sure they're here (there are pegs for em), but probably all sold out. theres a flipper who comes in to my target early in the morning and usually gets all the good stuff.

Hey man, where are you at in NoVA? I'm in Oak Hill (one-half of Herndon).

Yeah, the carded figures have been in the Tampa area for about a week now. Mostly Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow (boy is THAT different than the old days!) with Cobra Officer being the most rare (I bought the only one I ever saw.)

:lol I know I stated this on the first or second page. The Red emblem trooper is ultra rare now. He only comes in the five pack.

You know I just had a horrible thought. What if Hasbro thought that people wouldn't *want* to buy the exact same figure from the 5-pack all over again on a card so they altered it slightly for that very reason. I *really* hope the silver emblem Trooper is an isolated incident and we don't get single carded Storm Shadow, Baroness, Silver Mask Cobra Commander, etc. all with silver emblems too.... :monkey2

You know I just had a horrible thought. What if Hasbro thought that people wouldn't *want* to buy the exact same figure from the 5-pack all over again on a card so they altered it slightly for that very reason. I *really* hope the silver emblem Trooper is an isolated incident and we don't get single carded Storm Shadow, Baroness, Silver Mask Cobra Commander, etc. all with silver emblems too.... :monkey2

I had to go and play that game agian.:lol

Khev- I'm afraid this might be the case. I think you're right we will see a red emblem trooper again but something will be tweaked like the holster, bandolier, or scarf. I'm almosted tempted to get another 5 pack simply to have this collection still in package, which is also great work.

I think it's funny that even if you win as Cobra, GI Joe kicks their butts. Watch Cobra Commander get tossed!:rotfl

Back