GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Pretty disappointed by the new Stalker. I just don't dig the dreads. :(
--

Yep.

I saw him on the peg @ the TRU near the office. I was tempted, but then saw the dreads and quite frankly . . . STALKER does not look good with dreads.

I got the 3.75" army builder bug on right now. I got three STEEL BRIGADE figures and picked up the new VAMP MARK II with the STEEL BRIGADE DELTA figure. I'm tempted to pick up a few more STEEL BRIGADE figures with another VAMP MARK II.

That's cool, everyone has their preferences, I like the choices, it isn't the main characters we have got many times, and if I can spend $200 on a dial tone, I sure as hell can spend $20-$25 for these figures, I am more and more excited about them, I remember Dice, that was one of my last years buying Joes as a kid, I would have preferred Slice though instead.

That's cool, everyone has their preferences, I like the choices, it isn't the main characters we have got many times, and if I can spend $200 on a dial tone, I sure as hell can spend $20-$25 for these figures, I am more and more excited about them, I remember Dice, that was one of my last years buying Joes as a kid, I would have preferred Slice though instead.

Oh, it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the character. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Why does Grunt need a glider? :lol

That aside, I don't think it's anywhere close, really. It's got more in common with the lame glider that came with the ROC Gen Hawk figure. :monkey1

Just show me Big Boa,Jinx,and Cover Girl already....they are the only 3 I really want in the Sub as long as they are "25th" Classics RAH

I like tan Grunt - MUCH better than the version Hasbro gave us (hopefully someone redoes this in green).

The glider is a bit unnecessary, but whatever.

I like tan Grunt - MUCH better than the version Hasbro gave us (hopefully someone redoes this in green).

The glider is a bit unnecessary, but whatever.

I actually want the Tan Grunt head to swap it on my 25th Greenshirt Grunt

a wip, should be availble soon, they said they will show all the figures first then start it, so I wouldn't doubt within the next couple months it will be starting.

I had the glider and the tan Grunt as a kid... I dig it.
--

I always wondered why they had a tan GRUNT with the glider? IIRC, by the time the glider came out AIRBORNE was part of the line. I thought AIRBORNE would have been a more appropriate figure for the glider than GRUNT. After all, AIRBORNE was first introduced in GI JOE #11 (along with DOC, SNOW JOB, GUNG-HO, & an early hidden appearance by DESTRO).

Anyone going to bite the bullet and actually sign up for the subscription service?

I'm on the fence and I never joined the club before.

I picked up the Renegades Duke and Snakeeyes. I am pretty happy with them. I know that I saw that they are making Scarlet and Tunnel Rat. I hope that we see a Roadblock too so we can round out that team.

None of the stores in my area have got the Ren figures yet. I've been really wanting to get my hands on Cobra Commander and Firefly.

--

I always wondered why they had a tan GRUNT with the glider? IIRC, by the time the glider came out AIRBORNE was part of the line. I thought AIRBORNE would have been a more appropriate figure for the glider than GRUNT. After all, AIRBORNE was first introduced in GI JOE #11 (along with DOC, SNOW JOB, GUNG-HO, & an early hidden appearance by DESTRO).

Yeah, but Airborne was being marketed as a single figure release that year.

Hasbro was just looking to include a cheap repaint with the gliders so that kids and parents would buy both the gliders and the single carded figures.

Back