GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Yeah, but Airborne was being marketed as a single figure release that year.

Hasbro was just looking to include a cheap repaint with the gliders so that kids and parents would buy both the gliders and the single carded figures.

:lecture:lecture

As much as I love the Joes I am going to pass on the sub. There is to much coming from HT and SSC to be tied to another line.

Subscription figures at $20-$25 is small potatoes compared to SS and hot toys at $125-$200+.

Subscription figures at $20-$25 is small potatoes compared to SS and hot toys at $125-$200+.

I dunno. I'd rather have a single 1/6 figure at $150 that I really enjoy, then throwing away cash for the opportunity to buy a bunch of 1/18 figures I don't like at $20 a pop. :huh

Didn't know that you were into 3 3/4" figures, but it did seem like the other poster does collect them.

I really do like the 12" figures, but I will always be more interested in the 3 3/4" figures that is where my first love for G I Joe stemmed from.

Honestly, I wouldn't want them to, but if the 12" line was cancelled and SS just produced statues, I would be content with hasbros 3 3/4" and SS statues, and my Joe comics.

Not buying a Sub of boring repaints/frankenjoes, just for only 3 figures that I really want (Cover Girl,Boa,Jinx)

Wish you luck on the secondary market...some of the most popular ones in the list, wouldn't doubt they will be around $75 or more a piece....honestly might be a better idea to get the subscription just to sell off the ones you don't want, I would bet you could EASILY get $50 a piece for the other 10.

and in all fairness, most joes usually are frankenjoes or repaints, parts get used over and over again, at least there is some original pieces to the new figures.

Wish you luck on the secondary market...some of the most popular ones in the list, wouldn't doubt they will be around $75 or more a piece....honestly might be a better idea to get the subscription just to sell off the ones you don't want, I would bet you could EASILY get $50 a piece for the other 10.

I disagree...why?

The Club is selling these individually.BBTS and few others are carrying these aswell.I expect only to pay maybe $15-20 more each for figures I really want.

The Sub is expected to cost between $240-300 plus shipping for 12 figures (plus the free one)...(thats 9 figures I have no interest in)

CG,Boa,Jinx will cost me (if they are classic versions) $35-40 each likely.

Selling these will be a hassle trying to find buyers.Selling on Hisstank, where the people there want everything as cheap as possible, will not work.I dont sell on Ebay,so it doesn't work out for me...too much hassle in my opinion,so I'll pay the extra 15-20 to get what I really want.And if Jinx is way overpriced,I won't get her as she wasn't really that important to me...Cover Girl and Big Boa are a different story

The Pros to smalljoes (think I just coined a new catchphrase :)) is they save on space and for me they bring back an awe factor I haven't had since I was a kid.

The Cons are that these guys aren't as highly sought after like 1:6s and give way to quantity over quality when compared to Sideshows. They also are a bit of a challenge to display nicely since they can clutter.

I like the price range for what ya get..but in moderation as with all things.

My guess that 13th figure will be something everyone will want and if they want it, they'll either pay out the nose on ebay or have to buy the sub.

My guess that 13th figure will be something everyone will want and if they want it, they'll either pay out the nose on ebay or have to buy the sub.

unless its the Fridge...I doubt it

they already have made the majority of the Classics "25th" figures after announcing lifeline,sci-fi,airtight,techno viper and those last few dreadknocks etc

I expect a frankenjoe repaint because its Free

Didn't know that you were into 3 3/4" figures, but it did seem like the other poster does collect them.

I really do like the 12" figures, but I will always be more interested in the 3 3/4" figures that is where my first love for G I Joe stemmed from.

Honestly, I wouldn't want them to, but if the 12" line was cancelled and SS just produced statues, I would be content with hasbros 3 3/4" and SS statues, and my Joe comics.

If Sideshow cancels the 12" line, I, as will many others, will just continue with the custom route, commissioning pieces from the fine artists here like Ski and MANDO.

As for the 1/18 Joes, I've been collecting them since '82, stopped before the Campbell garbage and DDP, and started again with the 25th Anny stuff. Since then I've been cherrypicking. But most of it ends up in bins, in the garage after I check them out, waiting for my son to stop biting the ____ing heads off action figures so I can display them in his room. :lol

The Pros to smalljoes (think I just coined a new catchphrase :)) is they save on space and for me they bring back an awe factor I haven't had since I was a kid.

The Cons are that these guys aren't as highly sought after like 1:6s and give way to quantity over quality when compared to Sideshows. They also are a bit of a challenge to display nicely since they can clutter.

I like the price range for what ya get..but in moderation as with all things.

Another con is that the 1/18 Joes tend to look like a clutter____ when displayed if it's not clean or if there're too many displayed. MOC is even worse if you try to display the lot of 'em, as your room tends to look like a juveniles with everything push-pinned up covering the walls. Great if you're a kid, an episode of Hoarders if you're a 30+ something. :lol

Another con is that the 1/18 Joes tend to look like a clutter____ when displayed if it's not clean or if there're too many displayed. MOC is even worse if you try to display the lot of 'em, as your room tends to look like a juveniles with everything push-pinned up covering the walls. Great if you're a kid, an episode of Hoarders if you're a 30+ something. :lol

:exactly: Yup. As much as I love the 25th MOC look I still cant come up with a cool looking way to display them that doesn't look like a set from the 40 year old virgin.

too bad we can't go back to being 7 year olds and play with joes outside with other children. :lol you guys with kids are lucky...new excuse to act like a kid and bust out the small joes and carve forts out of dirt in the backyard.

too bad we can't go back to being 7 year olds and play with joes outside with other children. :lol you guys with kids are lucky...new excuse to act like a kid and bust out the small joes and carve forts out of dirt in the backyard.

Say that now.. :lol. Being a collector and knowing what the vintage toys from our time fetch, when I see my son chucking a toy, I freak out as it hits the pavement and slides across it. :(

But that is playing with a toy. How boring it would have been to 8 years old and just store away your carded Joe or SW collection. Toys are ment to be played with, broken, painted, shot and blown up.

But that is playing with a toy. How boring it would have been to 8 years old and just store away your carded Joe or SW collection. Toys are ment to be played with, broken, painted, shot and blown up.

I know and I hear ya. I'd bet we all used to do the same thing. It's just now, looking at it through the eyes of a collector. I don't stop him from doing it, but I do cringe and shake my head. :lol

The Collector Club released another Big Turd today!

Iron Claw LOL!

Back