GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Well managed to get out and check stores yesterday. Unfortunately out of three different stores that carried them I only managed to find one beat up single carded Storm Shadow Version 2.

It's my favorite rendition of Stormy but I feel a bit let down. All his accessories are identical to the 5 pack version. Yet Hasbro actually bothered to give Snake Eyes a few different accessories in both versions, here Version 2 is nothing more then a variant with different head, paint and rope bundle. The original Storm Shadow V2 had a compound bow with three arrows, a straight ninja short sword (what Ninjas actually used, not the curved ones) a different backpack (unimportant to me) and a kick ass claw that snapped onto his wrist.
The reuse is puzzling since Hasbro plans on reusing all of these accessories for Storm Shadow version 3 in the second 5-pack, and the Red Ninjas. So why reuse them again here?
I also don't like how the rope bundle around his chest is permanently glued to his quiver and scabbards.
Still, I love how well he turned out. The articulation is a little limited, I can't get a two handed pose, but a vast improvement over the original version (who also couldn't get a two handed pose).

Hopefully I'm luckier next time out.

Yeah, that's why I passed on the V2 version. That way when I do have the ninjas I'll only have V1 Storm Shadow and a couple of the red ninjas. Anyone know when Major Bludd is due out?

It's my favorite rendition of Stormy but I feel a bit let down. All his accessories are identical to the 5 pack version.

When Hasbro was asked why Flint didn't have gloves their rep reportedly stated that the quick success of the two 5-packs caught them by surprise and that the first five carded figures were rushed a bit to get them on shelves with the 5-packs. Unfortunately that meant cutting corners on new sculpting for those figures. If it makes you feel any better Snake Eyes v2 is my all time favorite action figure and I'm a bit bummed they left the commando boots on him and didn't sculpt the anklets from the original. The new one is still an awesome figure.

At least the next wave of carded figures looks entirely sculpted from scratch though (with the Cobra Trooper being the obvious exception.)

I see that wave 3 will have Cobra Commander, is this the Battle Armor version?

When Hasbro was asked why Flint didn't have gloves their rep reportedly stated that the quick success of the two 5-packs caught them by surprise and that the first five carded figures were rushed a bit to get them on shelves with the 5-packs. Unfortunately that meant cutting corners on new sculpting for those figures. If it makes you feel any better Snake Eyes v2 is my all time favorite action figure and I'm a bit bummed they left the commando boots on him and didn't sculpt the anklets from the original. The new one is still an awesome figure.

At least the next wave of carded figures looks entirely sculpted from scratch though (with the Cobra Trooper being the obvious exception.)

Yeah, I didn't mention the sculpt deferences, V2 Stormy had no bindings on his fists, Pockets around his waist instead of a sash, and Samurai like shin armor. The truth is, that stuff doesn't really bother me, I still like the way he turned out. But it's the reuse of accessories that does. At least Snake Eyes V2 has some other different accessories. And V2 Snake eyes is also may absolute favorite figure too.

By the way, Hasbro even modified the card art from a Modern Compound bow to a regular bow, Quiver and scabbards, and the Gi from the first version, They didn't bother to change his shin armor though:
stormshadow22.jpg

stormshadow2m.jpg

TNI: The first batch of 25th Anniversary figures has hit stores, and initial reaction from most fans is pretty positive. However, there has been some unhappiness with the figures' hands. The plastic, a very soft, rubbery-type material, does not allow many of the figures to hold their accessories well. Are you aware of this problem, and is anything being done to fix this for future waves?

Hasbro: We've been getting a ton of great feedback on the 25th Anniversary line since it starting hitting shelves and while we were at Comic Con. We've also heard feedback from the fans - we're currently looking into upgrading both the hand and the hip articulation.

TNI: Sgt. Slaughter seems to be very involved in GI Joe these days. He was a guest at last year's JoeCon and a guest at the Hasbro booth during San Diego Comic Con this year. You also had a very cool looking 25th Anniversary custom figure of him on display in San Diego. Can we expect to see a new Slaughter figure released from Hasbro in the near future?

Hasbro: There are currently no plans to release a Sgt Slaughter figure, but it is something we are looking into for the future.

TNI: Doc. We have heard there will be a 25th Anniversary figure of him released as a mail-away figure sometime in the near future. Can you tell us anything about that?

Hasbro: The mail away figure will be annouced at the 2008 GI Joe convention.

TNI: You showed us two very cool figures at San Diego, Zartan and Serpentor. However, both figures seem to be missing something very important that the originals had, Zartan's Swamp Skier and Serpentor's Air Chariot. Can you tell us if there are any plans in motion to get people these two things for their figures in the near future?

Hasbro: Our first goal with the 2007 25th Anniversary line was to bring the most important GI Joe and Cobra characters out into the market. Now that we have accomplished that, we can start looking at gearing them up.

https://www.toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=11779

I'm liking what I'm reading!

:rock :rock

Last edited:

Haha speaking about somebody helping, I need help just getting the carded figures!! The only ones I have are Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. I haven't seen any other carded figures here, ever. P!tu is on the lookout for me, but is anybody else willing to help? :monkey2

Is anyone planning on hooking any of us up on those Exclusive Cobra Rowdy piper figures theyll be offering? :) Irish?

Yeah, any freak brothers willing to look out for us homebound freaks? Rowdy Roddy Piper as Cobra is going to rock:fireworks

bagelsncheesey said:
Haha speaking about somebody helping, I need help just getting the carded figures!! The only ones I have are Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. I haven't seen any other carded figures here, ever. P!tu is on the lookout for me, but is anybody else willing to help?

Well if you want I can tell you where to get this Wave 3 offer:

This offer is for a case of 8 figures: Storm Shadow V2, Snake Eyes with Wolf, Cobra Commander with Hood, Beachhead, Serpentor, Buzzer, Lady Jaye, and Cobra Trooper. Will be shipped as unopened cases. Available for shipment Spetember, 2007.

Price: $40.00

This thread is still going on ? Thats cool.....:cool:

By the way, Hasbro even modified the card art from a Modern Compound bow to a regular bow, Quiver and scabbards, and the Gi from the first version, They didn't bother to change his shin armor though:
stormshadow22.jpg

stormshadow2m.jpg

Its interesting to see the differences when you put them on top of each other. Its kind of like those "Hocus Focus" comics where you have to try and spot at least six differences between the pictures. ;) I see they changed his belt and the length of his sleeves on the new artwork to more closely match the v1 base sculpt for the figure. Too bad about the compound bow and wrist claw. Those wood have been great accessories. Hopefully Hasbro has their ducks in a row for future releases and we don't get any more partial updates of classic Joes.

Well if you want I can tell you where to get this Wave 3 offer:

This offer is for a case of 8 figures: Storm Shadow V2, Snake Eyes with Wolf, Cobra Commander with Hood, Beachhead, Serpentor, Buzzer, Lady Jaye, and Cobra Trooper. Will be shipped as unopened cases. Available for shipment Spetember, 2007.

Price: $40.00

Well the thing is, I already have Storm Shadow V2 and Snake Eyes with Timber. The other guys I have on preorder already over at BBTS. Thanks though! :rock

I'll do what I can to get as many extra Exclusive Destro and Piper figures as I can at JoeCon.

I'll do what I can to get as many extra Exclusive Destro and Piper figures as I can at JoeCon.

irish, ill give you money up front for a piper fig. i actually need one for my brother who will be in europe for the next few weeks as well. pm me if thats something you may be able to do. and if you can only get one for me my bro will just be poo outta luck lol

Well, I'd be hesitant to accept any money up front (especially for the Piper figure, which is limited to only 1000), but consider yourself on the list (P!tu is on the list for Destros).

Well, I'd be hesitant to accept any money up front (especially for the Piper figure, which is limited to only 1000), but consider yourself on the list (P!tu is on the list for Destros).

ok thats cool with me, if you decide that you would feel better with money upfront just let me know, ill find a way to get it to you. i know you dont accept paypal lol

Back