GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

hasbro088.jpg

I had to look at this photo again, Khev did you paint that harness' buckles silver? And, yes the new wood accents are a really nice touch.

Who else has been reading the "America's Elite" series? It's by far the best G.I. JOE not written by Larry Hama.

I'm still bummed that the card art is so poor for Zartan but at least I can somewhat understand why they changed his uniform; Hasbro wanted to give us a Zartan with color changing skin (which *is* accurate to his original character IIRC) but gave him sleeves to save on production costs. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

It's also Zartan's look in the Devil's Due comics.

Then again, that sorda defeats the purpose of a 25th Anniversary fig, does it not?

Freakin' Hasbro... always one step forward and at least one step back. :rolleyes:

It's also Zartan's look in the Devil's Due comics.

Then again, that sorda defeats the purpose of a 25th Anniversary fig, does it not?

I'm pretty sure a Hasbro rep was quoted as saying that the 25th anniversary line could release figures from any year in the Joes' 25 year history. That's fine with me, I'll just cherry pick mostly from the '82-'86 era.

Freakin' Hasbro... always one step forward and at least one step back. :rolleyes:

Oh I don't know about that, with this line its more like 20 steps forward and a few steps back. I can live with that, though I can understand being annoyed if Zartan is your favorite character. He'll still look cool in a collection of loose figures.

Oh I don't know about that, with this line its more like 20 steps forward and a few steps back. I can live with that, though I can understand being annoyed if Zartan is your favorite character. He'll still look cool in a collection of loose figures.

The Zartan figure while not "classic" still looks cool!!

I just wish he came with the Chameleon. :monkey2

I'm pretty sure a Hasbro rep was quoted as saying that the 25th anniversary line could release figures from any year in the Joes' 25 year history.

Terrific. :rolleyes: All that proves is that they don't get it and that they've backed into the success of the 25th Anniversary line completely by accident by choosing mostly '82 figures for the opening 5-Packs. It's the original '82-'85 collectors that will make or break this line. And the more post-'85 crap they release the less successful it will be ultimately. Just watch.

At least the SW team knows the value of history and nostalgia. You don't see them releasing any TPM figures in the "Vintage" line (which is something the G.I. JOE team would probably do).

Who else has been reading the "America's Elite" series? It's by far the best G.I. JOE not written by Larry Hama.

I have been reading it through the collected editions. The inconsistent art was a little annoying (new artist every few issues), but it has been enjoyable.

The inconsistent art was a little annoying (new artist every few issues)

That's the exactly why I dropped the title.

As far as the 25th figures go, I absolutely LOVE them! Although I haven't opened any of them yet - not sure that I want to, which is a first for me. I've managed to pick up both the Joe and Cobra boxsets and all of the singles, including the "SUPER RARE VHTF L@@k" Snake Eyes w/black Timber. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to future waves....although the last thing I needed was another line to collect. :eek:

As long as these are the types of post-1985 figures we'll be getting then Hasbro will certainly be earning my dollars:

IMG_5001.jpg

:)

Well, Beach Head is a rare exception since he's a character in the same vein as Firefly.

:chew

A glimmer of hope for those who prefer 80's Zartan and Serpentor;

Hasbro gave out a set of 25th Anniversary cards at their booth at SDCC. In the deck were two Zartans and Serpentors, a classic and Devil's Due or modern version of each. For the classic Serpentor he was shown on his Air Chariot. So perhaps Hasbro is planning on releasing them in their 80's attire with their vehicles later in the line. We can hope....

Would like to know for sure if the box set figures are going to be on single cards.

Come on, I can't be the only Freak planning on attending Joe Con!

(Of course, I admit that it being 25 miles from my house gives me a slight advantage) ;)

Back