GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Alright, first of all I can't promise ANYTHING of course (heck, if SDCC is any indication I'm not even sure if I can secure any of these figures for myself, much less multiples). But I will do my best. I'm also trying to talk Adam (Hughes) and another friend or two into going to the show with me, so that might up our chances of getting figures.

Anyway, here is the request list (which I will keep updated) of exclusive 3.75" G.I.JOE RAH figures at JoeCon:

Roddy Piper figure (limited to only 1,000 :monkey2) :
IrishJedi
devlinboy & bro
Khev
Vader AL
stickman
teemu??

Destro "Pimp Daddy" figures:
IrishJedi
p!tu
bagelsncheesey
Khev
Vader AL
Bardoon (GOLD only)

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Please put me on both Irish. If I can only choose one, Destro. I'll pay money up-front if need be.

Thanks Irish! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get those! By all means, use your "I'm a friend of Adam Hughes" clout if necessary. ;)

I was going to pass on the Destros but after seeing dioramas like this I just can't resist trying for one myself:

pddshipwreck.jpg

pddclubscene2.jpg

pddsilverbooth.jpg

pddcane.jpg

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

For more pics like this and GREAT reviews of the other GI Joe figures check out:

https://www.joebattlelines.com/reviews/toys/25thanniversary/index.htm

Alright, first of all I can't promise ANYTHING of course (heck, if SDCC is any indication I'm not even sure if I can secure any of these figures for myself, much less multiples). But I will do my best. I'm also trying to talk Adam (Hughes) and another friend or two into going to the show with me, so that might up our chances of getting figures.

Anyway, here is the request list (which I will keep updated) of exclusive 3.75" G.I.JOE RAH figures at JoeCon:

IrishJedi
devlinboy & bro
Khev
Vader AL
teemu??
stickman??

IrishJedi
p!tu
bagelsncheesey
Khev
Vader AL

Anyone else?

Irish thank you, yes, I am only interested in the Piper figure. Just let me know what you'll need prior to the Con. I will be away from Sept. 4 - 22 as I will be featured in the very first www.GIJOEFILMFESTIVAL.com being held in Denver, CO. and will be having my film shown in their contest. Currently I am an advocate in the Save the Planet of the Apes thread and many of those guys can vouch for me. If you could get me a Piper; Irish, It would be much appreciated!

Hey Irish, if you can put me on the list for a GOLD-Headed Destro, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Hey Bardoon, have you managed to find any of the carded figures from wave 1 yet? I checked where you told me, but no luck :monkey2

IrishJedi
devlinboy & bro
Khev
Vader AL
stickman
teemu??

IrishJedi
p!tu
bagelsncheesey
Khev
Vader AL
Bardoon (GOLD only)

Anyone else?

I am in for a rowdy piper

Oh man, I'm actually thinking about picking up the new Cobra 5-pack for the comic book Cobra Trooper, Stinger driver, and that Cobra backdrop. It looks like Hasbro might get the best of me with this line....

Boxset.jpg

cobratrooper__scaled_600.jpg

vehicledriver__scaled_600.jpg

By the way, I ordered both of those G.I. Joe RAH reference books from Amazon today. :rock

:rock

I love the toy guide. I wish it had more picks of carded Joes and the vehicle packages but other than that its a first rate resource. I bet not many people know that the Dreadnoks were originally going to be evil teddy bear creatures serving Zartan (to capitalize on the "success" of ewoks--evil ewoks = "dreadwoks" or dreadnoks) until someone finally had the shockingly outlandish notion that biker thugs might be more intimidating than Teddy Ruxpins with attitude. :lol

Hey Bardoon, have you managed to find any of the carded figures from wave 1 yet? I checked where you told me, but no luck :monkey2

I haven't been on the look out for them since the places I mentioned to you. You might want to check Targets as well since they are now popping up there in NoVA. I have YET to see them at Wal-Mart.

My best suggestion though is to get them through an online retailer.

Smalljoes is a great seller, but he does boost the prices up a little bit.
https://www.smalljoes.com/gijoe_figures.shtml

Hasbro Q & A Round 3 at https://wiki.joecustoms.com/wiki/Hasbro_QA_3 :

Nice to see official confirmation.

Awesome news! While the boxsets are nice, the carded figures display much better. I think that I've finally decided to have a carded set and an open set. Found another freshly stocked 2 cases of the carded figures at Walmart after work today.

Awesome news! While the boxsets are nice, the carded figures display much better. I think that I've finally decided to have a carded set and an open set. Found another freshly stocked 2 cases of the carded figures at Walmart after work today.

Jeez man! I have only ever seen 2 carded figures at every friggin store here in Northern Virginia :monkey4

Jeez man! I have only ever seen 2 carded figures at every friggin store here in Northern Virginia :monkey4

:monkey3

Seems like the K-Mart, Target, and Walmart here have been really good about restocking these. Not sure why the other Walmart doesn't carry them -and there's no TRU or KB Toys here anymore.

I'm guessing that it's just going to take a little time for these to saturate the entire country.

Back