GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Great pics Cohete!!!! I love the ones where you take the aerial shots, looks so realistic. I miss all my classic vehicles :monkey2

Great pics Cohete!!!! I love the ones where you take the aerial shots, looks so realistic. I miss all my classic vehicles :monkey2

Thanks!

I would have shot more if the figures fit inside them. :( Due to the new Joe's height, the old vehicles are pretty much unuseable when a ****pit or door is involved.

15.jpg

16-1.jpg

I love those two shots. It looks like Roadblock is relaxing with an imaginary cup of Yo Joe Cola. :)

Paramount Studios Has Hired Stuart Beattie To Rewrite G.I. Joe Movie Script...

https://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3130&Itemid=99

Stephen Sommers claims himself to be a fan of screenwriter Stuart Beattie's work and sources are telling us that Paramount Studios has hired him on to bring the GI Joe Team to life!

Back in 2005, the studio hired Paul Lovett and David Elliot to pen GI Joe. Earlier this year Skip Woods took a crack at the “Real American Hero” and delivered a new script that brought the beloved toy line to a whole new level.

We have just received word that Paramount has hired Stuart Beattie to pen a new script for the potential franchise.

Yep, that’s right Stuart Beattie who has writing credits on the Pirates trilogy, 30 Days of Night, wrote a kick ass script for Spy Hunter, Collateral and some of the best scripts in Hollywood of the last ten years.

I’m excited, I really like Stuart’s past work and if my memory serves me right he was involved with GI Joe back 8-10 years ago when Threshold had the rights to the property. Yep the same production outfit that put out the Mortal Kombat films back in the 90’s.

A few days ago I was talking with a producer friend of mine about GI Joe and he mentioned how the best thing that Paramount could do would be to hire Stuart to write the script. Funny how this town works, what are the odds? Hmmm...

So the big question that arises is will Beattie use anything from the Elliot/Lovett and Skip Woods scripts?

I read both scripts and they both were worlds apart. The Skip Woods draft was very ballsy and as most of our readers know it included a character that was not part of Joe team, British Operative Alex Mann A.K.A Action Man.

The script had same great Tech aspects and was very “Bourne-Like” and was written as a Rated R film which was sure to be changed in future drafts but it never got the chance.

Yes it did have issues with the characters and it did not rely on much of the original source material and Hasbro wasn’t satisfied with the script. Although there were some great action scenes and good aspects to this script but it wasn’t the GI Joe that we grew up with.

The Elliot/Lovett script on the other hand was GI Joe 100% but that is where the problem was. I read that script and there was no doubt that it was Joe…a cartoon GI Joe. That script had all characters that we all grew up with including Cobra, Destro, the Baroness, Duke, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Hi-Tech and every action figure that you ever owned but it really did feel like I was reading a 90’s video game adaptation like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat and it didn’t feel real whatsoever. At least the Skip Woods draft had a real world feel to it.

So what is Stuart Beattie using from these scripts? We are being told that this is a page one rewrite. Stuart is starting from scratch and we might be setting the Joe team in the near future around a major military conflict but will stay away from any recent real world terrorist events.

How about Alex Man AKA Action Man? Looks like he will be gone, this new script is set to be 100% GI Joe, it will revolve around the characters we all grew up with fighting Cobra, Destro, the Baroness and Storm Shadow.

When do they expect to have this new script ready? Six to eight weeks. Pre-production is expected to start by October-November and production to start early ’08.

Sounds good that they're doing a rewrite...it sounds like the bad reaction the leaked script got certainly contributed to that decision I hope.

However,on the contrary, my dream G.I. Joe movie would be Rated 'R' and actually WOULD be tied to today's events and tying the modern day terrorism to COBRA.

Cobra Commander would indeed be in charge and we would see sparse but minimal flashbacks to perhaps show some of his history, but otherwise he would be very Hitler-like...charismatic, a great speaker, and akin to Nazi Germany, there would be Cobra banners and flags and Cobra everything...everywhere. The Commander is respected and loved by his troops, but also feared.

The Commander, through his Scottish arm-dealer Destro, would supply terrorists with weapons to fight the US military and other coalition forces...Cobra would then be slowly uncovered by the US government who show off top secret footage showing the Cobra logo and equipment being found from terrorist camps,etc. Obviously the US government needs to deal with the situation, but conventional means can't be used...thus the formation of "G.I. Joe" (there would be hints of this name being used in honor of a WW2 soldier who hunted down Nazi's with a small squad of commandos, of course he was nicknamed "G.I. Joe").

I'm too lazy to type the rest, but I know it will never really go down that route. :rotfl

I just received a DTC Overkill and a bunch of DTC B.A.T. 5.0 figures and I'm pleased that they work very well with the 25th Anni figures, scale-wise:

I figured that since Overkill and the B.A.T.S. are not people that it wouldn't really matter if they were much shorter that the 25th Anni guys, but it turns out that the size difference is negligable. I'm going to pick up some more of these, as well as some 3.3 and 4.0 B.A.T.S.

I hope that Hasbro turns out a new version of the 1.0 B.A.T. in this line.,

I finally got my Cobra and GI Joe box sets in and they are true to the classics. I am sure this has been brought up a thousand times but the hands are not that good. It is hard for them to hold the weapons and I was almost going insane with Scarlet as the crossbow kept coming apart when it moved in her hand.

I finally got my Cobra and GI Joe box sets in and they are true to the classics. I am sure this has been brought up a thousand times but the hands are not that good. It is hard for them to hold the weapons and I was almost going insane with Scarlet as the crossbow kept coming apart when it moved in her hand.

i havent opened my gi joe set yet but my cobra set had some of those annoying loose hands. destro cant even hold the briefcase( i had to use the plastic rubberband that came with the cobra trooper to wrap the case onto destro's arm) my trooper drops his gun daily. other than those two i have no complaints. well, baroness' leg was a lil weird but with the pose im using it looks great. ill post pics later.

Back