GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

HASBLOW REPAINT MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wave 4 has just been confirmed. Click here to see the new silhouettes on the back of Zartan's card:

https://www.hisstank.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=953&d=1188740951

They are:

Crimson Guard
Destro (v1)
Snow Job
Snake Eyes (v1)
Flash

Looking forward to seeing Snow Job and Flash!

It looks like you need a password to access that link Khev. I agree Snow Job, and flash sound really interesting, so does the Crimson Guard. Not too sure about Snake Eyes or destro as they may only be repaints. :monkey4

It looks like you need a password to access that link Khev.

Oops. They're posted on this site: https://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1118

Here's the pic:

Wave4.jpg

It could very well be "stand-ins" until the final artwork is complete. On the backs of Wave 1 cards they had the original Serpentor artwork before the new Serpentor was unveiled.

So the Destro could very well be a stand-in for Destro v2 which is the gold-headed "Iron Grenadier Outfit" Destro...that one would certainly rock to have as I loved that figure. And Snake-Eyes could very well be Snake-Eyes v3 which had the black outfit with small silver goggles and the butterfly knives along his chest....OR it could be version 4 which was the blue, black and gray outfit. That Snake-Eyes had the red goggles and they could certainly just use a repaint of the 25th v1 Snake-Eyes' head to get that.

I am hoping though it turns out to be Destro v2 and Snake-Eyes v3.

It looks like you need a password to access that link Khev. I agree Snow Job, and flash sound really interesting, so does the Crimson Guard. Not too sure about Snake Eyes or destro as they may only be repaints. :monkey4

Since I'm only buying the carded figures (skipping the 5-pks), I hope that they are Destro V1 and Snake Eyes V1. They can paint Destro just like he was in the 5-pk, but give him the proper chrome head like the PDD figure received. Hopefully Snake Eyes will be the 5-pk version but painted in the proper BLACK color scheme. :D

I just found the Cobra set at Target today. Now I'm caught up on the Cobra Commanders. Not sure how many more figures I'll get now. I might get the single carded Snake Eyes, but I'm not sure on the GI Joe set. I much prefer Cobra to GI Joe :lol

Now that I've opened the set, I think it is awesome. Destro could use the use of his left hand to hold another weapon, or at least the briefcase better. The Cobra trooper really need to be able to hold his rifle with both hands like the Clone Trooper figures. I think Cobra Commander is awesome, and although it is a tribute to the original figure, I don't like the blaster holster in his back.

Now I'd like to see a Cobra Commander figure, in the light blue uniform (without the back holster), and interchangeable dark blue hood and battle helmet with the white stripe heads. That would be the ultimate Cobra Commander figure for me!

I finally saw the Cobra 5-pack a couple days ago, looked great. I would've picked one up if I had the extra money. :monkey2

It comes in the 25th box sets, both joe and cobras the same thing. It's a thick plastic electronic device, press the star and it plays the GI Joe theme song from the show. Pretty nifty little display piece.

I picked up the cobra box set, and single carded cobra commander since i like him better. I had the single card snake eyes already and most of the reason to get this box set was to get this version of storm shadow, i like destro and baroness and the trooper too so it balances out.

25thcobras.jpg

25thjoeaction.jpg

It comes in the 25th box sets, both joe and cobras the same thing. It's a thick plastic electronic device, press the star and it plays the GI Joe theme song from the show. Pretty nifty little display piece.
That is AWESOME!! I gots to get these now, thanks for the info Magnuz!! :rock

And I said I'd NEVER buy 3 3/4" figures again...yeah right!! :lol

Last edited:

That is AWESOME!! I gots to get these now, thanks for the info Magnuz!! :rock

And I said I'd NEVER buy 3 3/4" figures again...yeah right!! :lol

Hells yeah Ill! Get on them, they're really cool figures. I now have all of wave 1 (except for pimp Destro, hopefully Irish will get me one!).

Also, the next Cobra 5 pack (in a couple of months) will have the Cobra symbol in plastic, and it will play the Cobra song (from the movie). :rock :rock

I heard some G.I. JOE news that is going to blow peoples' minds when it is announced. Trust me. :rock

But since I can't divulge, I'll placate you with a pic from Dragon*Con of me as a Zombie with a hot Cobra Female Trooper :lol :

1317903814_881501b44d.jpg

Nice pic Irish! You're a zombie, would've been a great excuse to bite her.

So mind blowing news, eh?? Can you give ANY kind of hints (like does it relate to toys, date ranges, etc?

Please!?

I heard some G.I. JOE news that is going to blow peoples' minds when it is announced. Trust me. :rock

It probably wouldn't be considered "mind blowing news" but I'd be happy to hear that the original cartoon was getting a re-release on DVD.

"Mind blowing" would be that Sideshow is picking up the rights to make 12 inch figures of the entire line of Joes in preparation for the upcoming movie. Am I close? :)

Back