GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

My favorite figure so far in the 25th line:

668871633dd7_Main400.jpg

Make this guy Sideshow!

Has he been released yet? I forget, was he part of wave 7?

I predict that next Thursday a lot of 25th fans suddenly won't find themselves caring so much for Hasbro's line anymore. ;)
Apples and oranges. Sideshow's line did little to stem my appetite for Hasbro 1:18 Star Wars, so the same will go for Joes... though I might reconsider if Sideshow gave us a 1:6 Terrordrome.... :D

Has he been released yet? I forget, was he part of wave 7?

I believe the SS is part of wave 9.

Finally spotted a bunch of wave 7 tonight at Walmart. Tons of all the figures in the wave. It's hard for me to not get sucked back into the line.....

I've got to get a hold of the new Barbecue figure! He was my older brother's favorite action figure in the world--he never played without it! This will be a great gift for him if I can find it!

just got back from my weekly toy run, found the entire wave 8, but only got myself two flints, cobra commander and major bludd. nothing else in this wave i want.

Just got in:

Wild Bill
Hiss Driver
Snake Eyes (version 3)
Viper

I have an extra Viper, Snake Eyes, Duke (with Flag) and Spirit if anyone is looking for them.

I am looking for Firefly, Major Blood, Zartan, Sgt. Flash and Flint.

Last edited:

Walmart is the best for us as Target has just a couple figures so it varies.

PS: anyone able to help me out here with the figures I need?

Just so you guys know, I am selling my Wave 1-5 and Wave 7 figs MOC, also includes Silver Destro. I was wanting to get $260 for the entire lot, which includes 35 figs. I also have 1 extra Wave 5 Snake Eyes, Wave 7 Viper and Wave 7 Snake Eyes. All MOC. I will have some loose complete guys available as well.

Why did these things suddenly disappear from Hasbro's website? Is the 25th anniversary line over? Just got my Red Star and Duke, and Copperhead & Shipwreck. Red Star Rocks! I don't remember these later comics that well, but they sure weren't written well. :lol

Why did these things suddenly disappear from Hasbro's website? Is the 25th anniversary line over? Just got my Red Star and Duke, and Copperhead & Shipwreck. Red Star Rocks! I don't remember these later comics that well, but they sure weren't written well. :lol

They're still there:
https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&ST=SO&NPG=27
the problem is they're selling out fast. They had Major Budd last night but he's now sold out. I really hope Hasbro considers straight re-releases (No paint variants) of the most sought after figures because it's hair pulling trying to get a full set.

I just got a case in of the "as seen on the G.I. Joe Cartoon" figures. It included the Baroness, Cobra Commander with a rock thing, Roadblock and it had Arctic Snake Eyes, Python Commander, Tiger Force Flint and another Viper. Does any one collect the variant figures?

I just got a case in of the "as seen on the G.I. Joe Cartoon" figures. It included the Baroness, Cobra Commander with a rock thing, Roadblock and it had Arctic Snake Eyes, Python Commander, Tiger Force Flint and another Viper. Does any one collect the variant figures?

Variant? Are you talking about the packaging variant for the Viper?

I was actually talking about the variant figures for the CC, Baroness, SE, Flint and Cobra Trooper. The Viper was just the standard figure and packaging.

I was actually talking about the variant figures for the CC, Baroness, SE, Flint and Cobra Trooper. The Viper was just the standard figure and packaging.

Ah, ok. I think you and I have different definitions of the word "variant" when it comes to these figures! :D

I finally got to a Toys R Us and picked up the Cobra Night Watch set, and a couple of Vipers.
The Vipers were a favorite when I was a kid so I needed to open one. Haven't had much time with it, but the removable goggles are bug'n me. Why make them removable when they're too large for most other figures to wear, the Viper faceplate prevents him from wearing them, and they just fall off with the slightest breeze? :rolleyes:
I do like how they made him more capable of holding his rifle then other Joe figures.

Back