GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

I finally got to a Toys R Us and picked up the Cobra Night Watch set, and a couple of Vipers.
The Vipers were a favorite when I was a kid so I needed to open one. Haven't had much time with it, but the removable goggles are bug'n me. Why make them removable when they're too large for most other figures to wear, the Viper faceplate prevents him from wearing them, and they just fall off with the slightest breeze? :rolleyes:
I do like how they made him more capable of holding his rifle then other Joe figures.

Why does a character who has a faceplate need goggles anyways? But I guess that question goes back to the 1985 Hasbro design team. :lol

The new Viper is awesome and I might end up super-glueing his goggles on his head so they don't fall off. However, I don't like the way his hands are molded...sure he can hold HIS rifle well...but anything else might look funny. I've heard a lot of mix reviews about him from my fellow Joe fans.

I just received the new Wave 8 figures as well as the new comic packs. I really like the new Copperhead, Storm Shadow, Firefly and Red Star (though I don't care much for the character) figures. I especially like Firefly as he's a great compliment to the Devil's Due version of the character and has that "darker" urban camo compared to the Wave 3 release of the character.

Why does a character who has a faceplate need goggles anyways? But I guess that question goes back to the 1985 Hasbro design team. :lol

The new Viper is awesome and I might end up super-glueing his goggles on his head so they don't fall off. However, I don't like the way his hands are molded...sure he can hold HIS rifle well...but anything else might look funny. I've heard a lot of mix reviews about him from my fellow Joe fans.

I just received the new Wave 8 figures as well as the new comic packs. I really like the new Copperhead, Storm Shadow, Firefly and Red Star (though I don't care much for the character) figures. I especially like Firefly as he's a great compliment to the Devil's Due version of the character and has that "darker" urban camo compared to the Wave 3 release of the character.
Yeah, that always did puzzle me, but I kind of like the way it looks on the helmet. Haven't tried any other rifle, but it would be cool to have another hand set in the package for other weapons. Before I go the super glue route, I'll try a small strip of some double sided tape.

Edit:
Having frustratingly got the Cobra Night Watch setup and tried a few of the Night Watch weapons on the Viper, I can tell you that the Viper's hands are far more capable of holding weapons properly. I wish all Joes could look as cool when holding a rifle.

Last edited:

I had almost 1000 of the originals, and I think several of the new ones do compare to them.

agreed. i had everything thru '86 when my collecting gradually tapered off and i think some of the new ones are uber cool. vintage joes will always be king but some of the new ones are great. i picked up the major bludd wave yesterday and i have to say the arctic snake eyes is a surprise hit for me especially as i had no desire for this character but hasbro turned out a pretty nice figure.

I had almost 1000 of the originals, and I think several of the new ones do compare to them.

You should ignore spekerol, he only posted that so he could have the required 50 post minimum to sell stuff here, his 51st post was his for sale thread. I don't think he cares much for conversation.

I also saw a single zartan at the local target last week .. he was gone today.. hey darkshadow, you're not located in georgia are you?

My local target had Major Bludd, new Roadblock, Viper and Toon Cobra Commander today. Major looks great. Vipers hands are funky.

Wallyworld just has the same Buzzer and Serpentor they've had on the pegs for the last 2 months.

I also saw a single zartan at the local target last week .. he was gone today.. hey darkshadow, you're not located in georgia are you?

We are in Leander, Texas (just north of Austin). I am always looking for new figures and occationally get a case in which is why I have some extras at times.

was in target today returning some stuff and came across a case of the viper wave and 9 cobra troopers on the pegs!! WTF?? bought em all !! i have some new shelves to put up and then my cobra army will be in full force. can't wait to count the roster. i have a box about the sized of a pf shipping box filled to the top with loose cobra army builders. i just keep throwing sh&t in there.

I want those DVD battle packs!

yeah, though i always feel like dvd packs end up on clearance or $ stores . i keep telling myself to wait, but this line has been flying off the shelves as is

When I see collections like this posted on other forums it actually makes me consider collecting these.

attachment.php

Back