GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

When you're done painting it, let the paint dry for 24 hours, then clear cote it with gloss clear cote. Let that dry for 24 hours, the clear cote it again with dull clear cote. That will seal up the paint nicely for you.

Also, if you want really good effect, put on the stickers you ordered over the gloss clear cote, then spray the dullcote on top of the stickers when you're doing that layer. it will seal them in between, and you won't see a lot of the "edge" of the sticker.

I'm so glad I saw this. I'm going to the store either late tonight or tomorrow to pick up the paint. If you see this in the next couple of hours is there a accurate Blue to use? Flat Blue? Thanks again Bagelsncheesey!

I'm so glad I saw this. I'm going to the store either late tonight or tomorrow to pick up the paint. If you see this in the next couple of hours is there a accurate Blue to use? Flat Blue? Thanks again Bagelsncheesey!

With any paint that I normally use (I make Gundam models), I always go with flat. It lays down much cleaner. Gloss shows a lot of inperfections in the molds of things. Definitely go flat!

No problem, any other questions, just ask. :duff

Since i'm just getting back into these (bought the first couple 25th Anniversary boxed sets when they first came out, but haven't bought any more until today), is there any website that has a lot of info/pictures/upcoming releases on these?

Also, I hope they make a Big Boa figure. Was always one of my favorite Cobra trooper toys as a kid.

bigboa.jpg

Since i'm just getting back into these (bought the first couple 25th Anniversary boxed sets when they first came out, but haven't bought any more until today), is there any website that has a lot of info/pictures/upcoming releases on these?

Also, I hope they make a Big Boa figure. Was always one of my favorite Cobra trooper toys as a kid.

bigboa.jpg

You can go to www.hasbrotoyshop.com and look at the GI Joe section. They list MOST of the GI joes that have been rereleased, even if they are sold out. That is also a really good place to get brand new releases if you watch the webpage daily and preorder upcoming releases. I got most of wave 10 and a Firebat off the webpage quite awhile ago for my son. You can also pick up the 25th Anniversary 5 packs which are still available for a decent price. I know that Darkshadowcollectibles on the boards also sells alot of them at very reasonable prices.

You can go to www.hasbrotoyshop.com and look at the GI Joe section. They list MOST of the GI joes that have been rereleased, even if they are sold out. That is also a really good place to get brand new releases if you watch the webpage daily and preorder upcoming releases. I got most of wave 10 and a Firebat off the webpage quite awhile ago for my son. You can also pick up the 25th Anniversary 5 packs which are still available for a decent price. I know that Darkshadowcollectibles on the boards also sells alot of them at very reasonable prices.

Thanks for the info. I'm very familiar with HTS because of the Transformers that I get there. And, I'm good friends with Adam (DSC), so it's very cool to have the heads up.

Thanks again :rock

I'm going to get the paint tomorrow. In the meantime I took a pic of Croc Master tonight.

IMG_7557.jpg

Awesome pics, Stick! Never really realized how much Croc looked like a kluchador until that pic.

I also do see that Hasbro found another use for Indy's whip! :D

Snow Job is awesome, I got him last week and I was blown away from the detail of his head with the hood in all! :rock

Yeah he looks quite cool in package.

I'm still torn on whether or not to open these guys... right now anyway. I've NEVER been a keep in box guy, but not sure I have the right display right now for them. Might keep em in box for something better down the road.

Yeah he looks quite cool in package.

I'm still torn on whether or not to open these guys... right now anyway. I've NEVER been a keep in box guy, but not sure I have the right display right now for them. Might keep em in box for something better down the road.

Mine are all staying MOB I made that mistake the first time and I still regret it to this day... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I have a few older pieces MOB but it's cost me some $$$

I've lost touch with these slightly. The sculpts overall are favtastic, but the paint (especially on the Joes) has been pretty crappy, Ace and Spirit come to mind. I did get a nice looking Mutt though and couldn't be happier with that figure and aside from his eyes Quick Kick is one of the best figures so far. I still say the Cobras get more love from Hasbro, the paint apps always seem cleaner and the face work (on those that have faces) is usually pretty good. A few of my Joes however looked like they came from the first waves of the Indiana Jones line.:horror

The ones I buy are all for my son, so they obviously get opened. The new figures do have issues with paint and a few have fallen apart pretty fast. However, my son loves them to death. His Wraith has a wonderful paint job, but the articulation is pretty stiff and the cables connecting his guns to his arms broke within 30 seconds. I have to admit, it is a great feeling to 'be a kid again' and play GI Joe on the floor with my own son. :lol

The ones I buy are all for my son, so they obviously get opened. The new figures do have issues with paint and a few have fallen apart pretty fast. However, my son loves them to death. His Wraith has a wonderful paint job, but the articulation is pretty stiff and the cables connecting his guns to his arms broke within 30 seconds. I have to admit, it is a great feeling to 'be a kid again' and play GI Joe on the floor with my own son. :lol

I have done the same. I gave BBQ as my son's first Joe as he likes firefighters so it made sense. It is a lot of fun (as long as I hide the small weapons).

Picked up the Cobra F.A.N.G and C.L.A.W. vehicles set the other day and Snow Job and the only Major Bludd I saw at Wal-Mart tonight.

Picked up quite a lot over the weekend. Off the top of my head...

Cobra H.I.S.S. tank, Xamot and Tomax 2 pack, Snake Eyes (same one from the first boxed set), Cobra Commander w/MASS device piece, and 2 MASS device packs.

Question... have the other 3 MASS device packs come out to retail yet?

Back