GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Well, the Snake Eyes DVD version is more accurate to the original 1985 V2 Snake Eyes, except that instead of being purple ("cartoon colours") he's black/dark grey, and he comes with an awesome new Timber rather than the old one, which was just a recoloured Valor vs. Venom wolf. Personally, I think he looks just about perfect and will be my default V2 SE.

Lady Jaye - may - have swivel wrists. For some reason, she didn't in earlier versions.

I think they should have left Shipwreck with the "Popeye" arms and given the slimmer ones to Flint. At least they sort of make sense on a sailor.

On second though they should have gotten rid of the Popeye arms entirely.
Yep you're right she does have new swivel wrists, as well as a completely new body head to toe. Up turned collar, new boot sculpt, even the head sculpt is new.
Snake Eyes also has a new backpack.

Well, at least they're improved instead of just simple repaints. I know I now want to buy these two sets even though I have or will have most of the characters represented there in those costumes (I'm missing that version of the Baroness).

Yeah I'll prolly end up getting these guys as well, I do keep them MIB so as sets it's all good with me! I just wish they would of came out first, instead of getting improvements later down the road! They still rock though and GI JOE will always be my first love of collecting! :rock

Does anyone have pictures of the upcoming Tunnel Rat and can anyone tell me who the other character is? Also, went to Target tonight and they had a giant exclusive "Ultimate Battle Pack" that came with a red Hiss & driver, Cobra Commander + flight bubble, Destro, a Cobra trooper, orginal GI Joe tank and three Joes. Unfortunately, it had a price tag of $63 so I couldn't convince the wift that our son needed it for Christmas.

Finally picked up Croc Master and Mutt/Junkyard. Great figures! Croc Master was one of my favs as a youngster, so glad to have him in my collection again. I still have the og figure somewhere.

Sonuva....NOW they release the v2 in black instead of that horrible dark purple!!!

Picked up Croc Master, Mutt/Junkyard, Wraith and ParaViper at my local Wally World. :banana They had the Cobra Bazooka Trooper but i'll wait on him since I wanted to save some money. Plus, he'll be falling off the shelves soon.

Picked up Croc Master, Mutt/Junkyard, Wraith and ParaViper at my local Wally World. :banana They had the Cobra Bazooka Trooper but i'll wait on him since I wanted to save some money. Plus, he'll be falling off the shelves soon.

Really? I was under the impression that he's hard to find, being an army builder and all...

Baroness looks MUCH better this time around. The first one was crap and won't pose worth a damn. Almost tempted to get the Cobra pack just for a new version of her alone.

Agreed, much better than the first version.

I'll be getting this for all of them though, I think they show improvements over the original. Wish they had left Storm Shadows feet white and not gray though. And i'm loving the chrome on the Vipers facemask.

picked up mutt w/ junkyard, croc master, wraith, tf duke, bazooka trooper, and the paraviper. have to say the bazooka trooper is my favorite. i dig the helmet netting and chest rig.

Agreed, much better than the first version.

I'll be getting this for all of them though, I think they show improvements over the original. Wish they had left Storm Shadows feet white and not gray though. And i'm loving the chrome on the Vipers facemask.

Yup, though I'd like to see a chrome masked CC even more. Time to dig out some bare-metal foil from my model car supplies I suppose.

Yup, though I'd like to see a chrome masked CC even more. Time to dig out some bare-metal foil from my model car supplies I suppose.

Why? He's out, and pretty cool.

IMG_7840.jpg

Another random shot of mine.
IMG_7841.jpg

That's awesome, it's my first time seeing pics of the CC with a Chrome Dome, LOL! :rock :rock :rock

Is he out in stores... Might have to drop by some Wal-Marts and Targets today, while I'm off from work! :rock2

Back