GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Thanks, Collector! :duff

Never let it be said that I'm afraid to play with toys. :D

A few of the HoH figures are new figures frankensteined from others. Firefly has Snake Eyes v1 arms and legs but a Viper torso, Flint is a repaint of Tiger Force Flint. Things like that.

Zartan is the exact same sculpt as wave 11 (pictured above) and the one from the third Cobra 5-pack. The wave 11 Z has all black armor, and the Swamp Skier. Whereas the HoH version has silver drybrushed armor and a few masks his belt is also unpainted so he look funny (at least to me).

I'd say the wave 11 version is the way to go as you get more bang for your buck. The HoH version will run you almost twice what ave 11 costs, and you won't get the Swamp Skier. The Swap Skier isn't perfect, it's definitely smaller than the vintage one, but it's cool for what you're paying.

Well the Hasbro site has the HoH for $9.99 and the Wave 11 for $7.99 I think, I just thought the HoH had a cool box card and that's all but I like the better looking figure with the swamp skier. I might just get both of them but I'm glad you explained to me that the Wave 11 would be the better of the two in case I decide to just get one.

Do u have HoH also, any pics of that guy?

Thanks man!!! :rock :rock:rock

No, I don't have any of the HOH stuff. I might pick up Stormy eventually if one ever comes my way. I was really into the 25th stuff for a while, but then I guess the hype died out and I knew Hasbro was dropping them to push their movie bs. Also the Cobras always looked great but there were a lot fugly Joe sculpts, heads especially. :sick So I've gone back to collecting the ARAH guys instead.

You can always go to yojoe.com for pictures of the various Joes.

https://www.yojoe.com/action/09/agu/zartan16.shtml

I also haven't picked up any HOH stuff, but only because after a certain point, minor variations lose their appeal. They should have released the HOH figures a year and a half before they actually did.

It's like Iron Man over at Marvel and Hot Toys they are just milking it from that point on is what I feel...

I also haven't picked up any HOH stuff, but only because after a certain point, minor variations lose their appeal. They should have released the HOH figures a year and a half before they actually did.

I definitely agree. I'm not buying all these guys again just because they finally look just how they should've looked in the first place. I picked the 2nd Joe boxset but that was enough for me.

Since the first 25th Anniversary Cobra Commander was released, we have apparently seen 18 variations of him released.

https://www.yojoe.com/action/alpha/c/

Wow! Didn't realize it had been that many. I dug out a bunch of Joes to get rid of on eBay a month ago and had a 15-figure log with four Cobra Commanders in it. And that's after I kept one helmeted and one masked version for myself! :p

Went to Target today and they had a little display set up where the 25th Anniversary figures used to be. There weren't any Rise of Cobra figures there yet, but they had the endcaps, price tags, and this spiffy $20 Snake-Eyes outfit for kids.

Anybody finding any good deals on the 25th ann clearance stuff? money is tight right now with SDCC right around the corner but I'm really tempted to finally pick up the conquest and the rattler

My Target has them for $25, though I'm guessing that's not much of a markdown from the $26.99. :lol

It's a darn shame that we probably won't be seeing any actual RAH figures in vintage packaging in stores for a long time, if ever. :(

It's a darn shame that we probably won't be seeing any actual RAH figures in vintage packaging in stores for a long time, if ever. :(
I've thought about this, and wouldn't be surprised if they did this at some point. It works for Transformers, and Hasbro has never been one to turn down a money-making scheme.

One problem though is with lost/broken molds, largely following their move to India for the Funskool figures. Supposedly they don't like re-making molds based on existing toys, even though guys creating KOs do a fine job with this.

I've thought about this, and wouldn't be surprised if they did this at some point. It works for Transformers, and Hasbro has never been one to turn down a money-making scheme.

One problem though is with lost/broken molds, largely following their move to India for the Funskool figures. Supposedly they don't like re-making molds based on existing toys, even though guys creating KOs do a fine job with this.

I bet the quality plastic wouldn't be there though. They'd likely not use the harder oldschool plastic in favor of the bendy, soft junk they use for the figures now.

LOL!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MDabIEc6yh4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MDabIEc6yh4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yikes!

On a sidenote I think AFA is a huge farce. You're paying for a box and an opinion. It's not like these guys have a degree in figure grading. :rolleyes:

There have been many a heated discussion about AFA on yojoe.com. Personally, I'm not anal enough to care about having pristine figures in the first place, but supposed experiences of people getting AFA to grade KOs and evidence of questionable ratings, etc. makes me really wonder about them. I've also heard conspiracy theories of them giving better than deserved ratings to figures submitted by companies owned by the same parent company to AFA, though I have no idea if that is a serious criticism or not.

Back