GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

stormv10.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

why is the last GI Joe 25th DVD Battle Pack (the one with alpine) so hard to find??:banghead was it a exc??
Oh and are the 25th Anniversary joes over now that the crappy movie out???

why is the last GI Joe 25th DVD Battle Pack (the one with alpine) so hard to find??:banghead was it a exc??
Oh and are the 25th Anniversary joes over now that the crappy movie out???

Yes, the Cobra Island packs were shared exclusives. Try the online comic shops. As for the movie line, Hasbro has stated that they will bring it back after the movie line has run it's course. Though, with it's... cough.... success and the... cough... success of the toyline, they are sneaking in things like Resolute Snake Eyes and including 25th Anny stuff via "then and now" packaging, so I'd just say keep your eyes peeled to the toy racks.

The DVD pack with Alpine actually was not an exclusive. It was released to the Wal-Marts and Toys R Us's of the world. Hasbro claimed that these were manufactured and sold in the same number as the other sets, but that retailers must have been keeping them in their warehouses, which is why they were so hard to find. They eventually ended up getting released at Marshall's for $15 or so, though I suspect the local Joe collectors in your area would have bought them all up and hoarded/scalped them by now.

Too bad, because the Cobra Commander and Cobra Trooper in that set are possibly the two best versions released, and of course, Alpine is an essential Joe, and a pretty cool toy.

I expect (read: hope) that the 25th line will come back in some capacity after the ROC stuff is finished. There are still a few stragglers, particularly from 1986 that are needed, and they should really release Alpine, Ripcord, etc. as single, carded figures.

^^^ What he said. I misread your post and thought you were talking about the Attack on Cobra Island packs. You're looking for the Best of the 80's pack which wasn't widely released (to potentially create demand? :huh). Initially, you'd see them pop up here and there when Hasbro decided to tuck them into a G.I. Joe shipment. I waited almost a year to find mine and that was by sheer luck. Now, with the focus 100% on ROC, your best bet is ebaY. Prepare to be reamed. :(

I saw a couple at Wal-Mart when they were first released, and (fortunately) bought one. Then, I never saw another one in person.

I never really bought Hasbro's line on that one. And even if the "warehouse" explanation was true, where are they now? Not sure how some ended up at Marshall's, though.

All my stores here ever had and have is the MASS DVD pack, but none of the others. They could never tell me why the others never showed up.

I saw a couple at Wal-Mart when they were first released, and (fortunately) bought one. Then, I never saw another one in person.

I never really bought Hasbro's line on that one. And even if the "warehouse" explanation was true, where are they now? Not sure how some ended up at Marshall's, though.

Me either. I've never seen any at Marshalls, and the only one I've ever seen in person was the one I bought. It sucks that a company would pull that crap, especially when the parts are needed for a BOF-type project. If they'd released them all at once, likely it would've been more successful. But playing the game they did, left fans uninterested in a product series where they couldn't complete the extra.

The DVD pack with Alpine actually was not an exclusive. It was released to the Wal-Marts and Toys R Us's of the world. Hasbro claimed that these were manufactured and sold in the same number as the other sets, but that retailers must have been keeping them in their warehouses, which is why they were so hard to find. They eventually ended up getting released at Marshall's for $15 or so, though I suspect the local Joe collectors in your area would have bought them all up and hoarded/scalped them by now.

Too bad, because the Cobra Commander and Cobra Trooper in that set are possibly the two best versions released, and of course, Alpine is an essential Joe, and a pretty cool toy.

I expect (read: hope) that the 25th line will come back in some capacity after the ROC stuff is finished. There are still a few stragglers, particularly from 1986 that are needed, and they should really release Alpine, Ripcord, etc. as single, carded figures.

i have that pack and it is pretty cool espeacially cobra commander withe the cromed face plate

Thanks for the Info guys Yeah I'm a big alpine fan and want to get the set but I coundn't find it anywhere:banghead I see the mass DVD sets everwhere still. Maybe I try Marshalls or Ross ( I remeber seeing the first 5 packs there)
thanks again

Traded my extra MOTUC Skeletor for one about a month ago. I thought these were going to be easy to find once they started showing up at Marshalls but I guess not... They were still going for $75-100 at the Joe Con this year.

I didn't even think the Alpine set made it to retail. I'm missing both the Pyramid of Darkness and the Best Of The 80's packs. I paid $35 shipped for the Arise Serpentor arise! pack, and that's about as much as I would spend on these.

Looks like I'll never have a complete MASS Device. Way to F%$# up Hasbro. :banghead

I didn't even think the Alpine set made it to retail. I'm missing both the Pyramid of Darkness and the Best Of The 80's packs. I paid $35 shipped for the Arise Serpentor arise! pack, and that's about as much as I would spend on these.

Looks like I'll never have a complete MASS Device. Way to F%$# up Hasbro. :banghead

yea i found mine at walmart and im glad i did because i never saw it again

Back