Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll never forget the first time I saw Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla as a child. I was blown away. :lol

For that reason alone, it'll always be my favorite Mecha G. :rock

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ywMM3Q7bxU[/ame]

Mechagodzilla 1974 set the bar for me, he looks mean, he was armed with lethal, painful looking weapons, he just really was a great villain.

Turning Mechagodzilla into a tool of humanity was a horrible idea, even though he's fighting Godzilla, it's a different style and the weapons lost a lot of impact. In 74 he was a bringer of death and destruction, now he's a tool. MG 93 is a horrible design to me, but at least the fights and stuff still felt like the original, but as cool as Kiryu looks and despite visual similarities to MG 74, I hated how he had to be airlifted in as ran on power that would run out.

They just ruined a great villain, much like each new version weakened Ghidorah.

I don't like Kiryu as much as the original . maybe nostalgia is the reason but I like the look of the original much better . it's grittier in my opinion

Last edited:
I sold all my monsterarts figs, not for lack of quality but i wasnt very interested in the era they seem to be focused on. However I'm gonna grab Kiryu and Godzilla 2000 to face off against each other on my desk, they both look too cool to not get!

I'm surprised I haven't posted in this thread since I'm a huge Godzilla fan. Watched every single film since I was 3. Love Godzilla. Use to collect the figures also and all the Die Cast ones like the classic Mechagodzilla which was my favorite as stated above. The new look will never surpass how awesome the original was. One of my favorites from the series as a child including terror. My other favorite was Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah. Loved that film .Like I have stated I collected a lot of the Bandai figures and even Die Cast ones. Were treasures to me and also my younger brother. He loved Godzilla too. We have so much. If I can find them I will post pics but haven't bought a Godzilla Item in years since 06 or 07 I believe. Been a long time but the new Monster arts figures are awesome. May start to get into them I like the new Godzilla 2000 figure they released for Pre-order. That's my second favorite design of him besides the classic Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla and the look of Ghidorah and up from the 90's look. I also own a lot of the films from VHS to some DVD'S. Godzilla has always been a big part of my childhood. Just loved him as my brother did also. Great thread and curious to see how this new film will play out I'm not sure. Always thought it would end on Final Wars.

I want a $150.00 24" G2K (or GMK) and MG by Neca.

I would be ok with that.

Was looking at the 30" Superman from JAKKS at Walmart yesterday, without knowing the exact design, even just with a rough idea, I can't imagine what a Godzilla that size from them will look like. I'm really not even sure why they bother, and time I've seen a company do 30" figures, they're peg warmers, and Godzilla'll be hard to shelve unless there's quite a bit of assembly involved.

I want a $150.00 24" G2K (or GMK) and MG by Neca.

I would be ok with that.

Best. Idea. Ever. If they can pull it off nicely, anyway. Which shouldn't be an issue, even the 12" Bandai Creation figures look decent enough.

Was looking at the 30" Superman from JAKKS at Walmart yesterday, without knowing the exact design, even just with a rough idea, I can't imagine what a Godzilla that size from them will look like. I'm really not even sure why they bother, and time I've seen a company do 30" figures, they're peg warmers, and Godzilla'll be hard to shelve unless there's quite a bit of assembly involved.

Yeah. For something that big, I don't know if I'd go with the usual 'snap the tail in' method. Maybe if the tail had a screw mechanism so people would have an easier time attaching it since the size and thickness of the plastic would make it really difficult to do otherwise.

Is that those really horrible looking Superman/Batman. :rotfl

I saw the 12" Godzilla today at TRU, I usually only see the smaller one.

I was tempted. :rotfl

But I wised up and walked away.

I'm really jonesing for my first Godzilla and MG, but I just can't commit to 6" at $100.00, not at my level of disposable income.

Neca would be the one to save us all.

The 12" X-Plus figures are my personal favorite.

I think it's possible that NECA will make a pretty good 18" figure. It'll probably be in the $150 range that the upcoming Knifehead from Pacific Rim falls under.

I saw the 30" Darth Vader that Jakks did and I think that one looks pretty decent for $30. Godzilla will be a lot more challenging, but we'll see. I actually have a two foot tall Godzilla that was put out by Bandai in the 1990s. Super Premium Godzilla is what he's called. I doubt Jakks could do any better than that.

If NECA's getting into the $150 range with their 18" figures, and Godzilla ends up that high, I'm out, $100 is probably my limit. I do hope they get a chance to do 7" too. I hate that my only real option at the moment will be Bandai.

If NECA's getting into the $150 range with their 18" figures, and Godzilla ends up that high, I'm out, $100 is probably my limit. I do hope they get a chance to do 7" too. I hate that my only real option at the moment will be Bandai.

IDK MF, I think I would pay $125-150 for a proper Hulk/Godzilla.

But $150 would be my limit.

So for 2 hours I've been digging through the keep sake boxes and I found all of the Godzilla figures me and my brother have collect through our childhood. Damn never knew we had a lot. I know most of you probably have even more but for me this is a lot. Only a couple things missing from the Die Cast figures and a couple damaged. I think I'm missing or I believe the 12 inch Kiryu that goes with the 12 inch Millennium Godzilla is broken but I have no clue I know we had that one to go along with the big Godzilla but what you see in the pics is what I found. The other little couple missing parts I know is in a accessory box down in the basement. I saw them a couple months back but don't remember which box since they're a **** ton of boxes down there. But will find them. Not a big deal. Other than that and some damage. All in great condition. They really brought back tons of memories. I also have all the tags and the boxes. Just didn't feel like bringing them up since look at it. They all took up my whole dresser! Really awesome stuff from Bandai. Well here's my little Godzilla Collection. Lot's of different eras of the big monster himself and his enemies. Like I have stated I have VHS and DVD'S too but that's for another day. Here's some quick pics and I think you'll be seeing me in this thread more often. Enjoy my Collection!

Ryan
My Collection:
106g21s.jpg

majbww.jpg

The amazing trio of my Favorite Godzilla movie. Have 2 other MG2 but the Die Cast version is awesome. So many cool features.
256aet3.jpg

117behe.jpg

2iawitz.jpg

Both Final War Gigan's together. The Die cast version is off colored but very cool and so many awesome ways to display.
1235iki.jpg

2yl0kzp.jpg

veqej4.jpg

2akbde9.jpg

Guess Godzilla needed a band aid. :lol
54vcd1.jpg

Jet Jaguar! Awesomeness!
2poa7nk.jpg

wj7ua9.jpg

You know who he is. :hi5:
2i23nzm.jpg

Gamera!!! With classic Gigan in the back.
29le7x4.jpg

The big guy!
jq268p.jpg

Back