Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta love a box day. Got the SHMA Shin Godzilla 4th Form Awakening Version today.
It is a nice figure and the accessories are a nice addition as well. I do wish that the
breath beam attached to the mouth like the tail beam does. I think the stand for it
is an eyesore. Here are a few pics of a few of my Shin figures on my "Shin Shelf".

Damn he looks awesome!

Congrats!

Received a grail today. The reissue of the 1971 25 cm Godzilla. My favorite Godzilla. My favorite movie. I feel like my collection is complete now.I haven't messed with the eye patch or the "Hedorahs balls" arms...but I will....anyway Pics!

god71.jpg

god712.jpg

god713.jpg

god714.jpg

god715.jpg

I think I like that better than the 30cm 68 might need to switch them

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Congrats, it's a great feeling to score those pieces that define a collection. I have many Godzillas but also easily a top 5 items where if all i could have is them, I'd be fine with it ultimately.

I think I like that better than the 30cm 68 might need to switch them

The 68 is great, and I sometimes regret not getting it, but for some reason I could never get into the pose. I liked the 25cm 68 G a lot better.

Congrats, it's a great feeling to score those pieces that define a collection. I have many Godzillas but also easily a top 5 items where if all i could have is them, I'd be fine with it ultimately.

Yeah, this is a peak for me, it's all gravy from here on out :yess: The only things I would really like to see is a flying Hedorah form or Tadpole form that's to scale with these. The little mini ones from a while back are neat though.

I think you've posted them before, but what are your 5?

S__31260674.jpg

My "Shin" DIY shelf is still in progress. The shelf is 120 * 30 cm. so I need to fill it with another wood plate to make to 40 cm. The light is still adjusting.

S__31260676.jpg

Hmmm need a hug?

My other big G pieces are Sideshow Godzilla maquette (repainted), Sideshow Godzilla statue, T-facto's Shin Godzilla (built and painted) and X-Plus 25 cm Ric Shin. So you could say these are my Top 5 cuz now I have only 5. :lol

I think you've posted them before, but what are your 5?

1. Sakai 8" 1984 (Kaiyodo)

If X-Plus ever releases the 30cm kit he just recently showed off and I could get it, this could have competition :lol, but for now this is the pinnacle of '84 pieces for me.

2. Sakai 10" 1954 (Banpresto)
3. Sakai 8" 1991 (Banpresto)
4. 10" Shin Godzilla (Bandai)
5. Suit Sized 1954 Head Bust (M1)

Those are my most treasured at the moment and not likely to change, but you never know, there's nothing that exists today that could take their place but something could always come tomorrow. A 1984 head the likes of my 1954 would easily take over that slot.

I've been thinking about collecting some of the X-Plus monsters from earlier films (60s and 70s). Only one ideal version of each monster, I'm leaning towards the 68 "Destroy All Monsters" as my Godzilla representation. I'm a bit nervous though as I don't currently own any nor have I actually seen any in person, they are pretty pricy so therein lies my hesitation.

The most accurate body wise of the shin figures for sure...full on drumsticks.

His front body always remind me of an upside-down horribly burnt turkey leg.

Diamond is doing Re-issues for 11 of the X-plus large monster series. That's the 25 CM ones :joy:

Some of those include Gorosaurus, Hedorah Landing form, MEGALON!!! Jet Jaguar...and more. No Godzillas mentioned in the assortment, but they should come later. I am so excited to be able to get Megalon at a decent price. I'm probably going to get a second Hedorah too...just cause :lol

Glad to hear Diamon's releases are continuing, seemed for a time like it may come to an end.

Yeah, they kind of caught up to everything X-plus was releasing :lol

There are some really great sculpts in the 25 CM line. I can't wait until they start producing the Godzillas. I want the 68 real bad.

Megalon and king ceasar for me

Yes! :lecture

Hoping for the Gigan as well.

Back