Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIC has Mothra and Baragon from GMK up for pre-order.
bgmr1.jpg

The Baragon and Mothra set is not going to get a general release. It is going to be RIC only.
As much as I would love to get the set, I have way too much other stuff on pre-order.

Yeah it's all ********. It'll be a diamond release at some point when they want more money

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RIC has Mothra and Baragon from GMK up for pre-order.
View attachment 368698

Bloody shame they're in the 25cm series. The original MM28 sculpts were in 30cm scale, but the vinyl conversion seems to have caused some heavy shrinkage. Same thing happened with the GMK Ghidorah.

Before I sold most of my X-Plus, I'd long wanted them to put out an original 30cm Baragon sculpt to match the original 30cm GMK Godzilla. Seems like they're catering to the Sakai owners now. Can't say I'm jealous. Great sculpts, but I really did love that first version.

You did WHAT???! :horror

Kept five Heiseis:

voschg.jpg

I might go for the Legendary stuff if they make more, but for now those are all I really need. Shelf was getting too cluttered and I wanted to get into other stuff.

You should be tho.
Sakai sculpt = ultimate version :lecture

I dig the accuracy, but the smaller size and sculpting style doesn't do it for me. I realize I'm in the minority there. :lol

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry to derail the thread guys. But I wanna know how much this godzilla is worth. Trying to sell it. I can't find much about it online at all. It's like a ghost.

Bloody shame they're in the 25cm series. The original MM28 sculpts were in 30cm scale, but the vinyl conversion seems to have caused some heavy shrinkage. Same thing happened with the GMK Ghidorah.

Before I sold most of my X-Plus, I'd long wanted them to put out an original 30cm Baragon sculpt to match the original 30cm GMK Godzilla. Seems like they're catering to the Sakai owners now. Can't say I'm jealous. Great sculpts, but I really did love that first version.
I find it hard to believe that the size change was not intentional. Going from 30cm to 25cm is more than just casual shrinkage.

When I started collecting models 25 years ago, I only wanted 30cm figures. Sometimes I had to settle for 20cm kits because nothing else was available. I was happy that X-Plus initially came out with the 30cm line, but over the last few years, I have come to prefer the 25cm line. To me it's just the perfect size. The figure has great presence without taking up quite so much room. I'm also glad that the process of making vinyl figures has greatly improved over the years. Vinyl used to be far inferior to resin as far as detail goes, but you don't see such a difference these days.

Because of the pliable nature of vinyl, you could display Shin with his mouth open. The stick is just to hold it in place while it sets.

gozi.jpg

Man, he is so damn ugly yet beautiful at the same time. Nice to hear that yours had no issues.

@ clutch, post some pics of that open mouth when it sets up.

Question for those of you who have the X-Plus classic King Ghidorah: when you are inserting his wings which area are you heating up with a blowdryer, the insertion point on his wing or the receiver on his body? I didn't use a blowdryer and just inserted by hand so right Now I have huge visable gaps and I don't want the wings to suddenly fall off.

Back